1. Psychology : Definition, fields, methods; Variables, Concept and Types; Techniques to control confounding Variables.
2. Psychophysics, basic concepts, methods, signal detection theory.
3. Biological basis of behaviour
4. Sensory Perceptual Process, Motivation & Emotion.
5. Social Perception & Cognition; Attitude and Prejudices; Group Process, Leadership.
6. Nature & Criteria of Abnormality, Causes; Approaches to study of Abnormal behaviour.
7. Anxiety, Somatoform, Mood Disorders and Schizophrenia.
8. Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities.
9. Descriptive and Inferential Statistics; Classification & tabulation of data, Measures of Central Tendency and Variability, graphical presentation of data, Correlation, Normal Probability Curve, Population and Sampling.
10. Learning, Memory and Forgetting.
11. Measurement : Nature and significance, levels of measurement, Techniques of attitude measurement.
12. Psychological Tests; Types, Characteristics and Applications of Testing.
13. Concept and definition of personality; Biological basis of personality; Physical, Social & Cultural determinants of personality.
14. Self-Concept; Nature and Development; Measurement of self concept; changes in self concept.
15. Major theoretical approaches to the study of personality.