The Central Agricultural University (CAU) was established by an Act of Parliament, the Central Agricultural University Act, 1992. The University became functional with the joining of first Vice-Chancellor on September 13, 1993. This University is located in Lamphelpat, Imphal, Manipur, India. The University became functional with the joining of the first vice chancellor on September 13, 1993. Like other Agricultural Universities, Central Agricultural University, Imphal has integrated programmes of teaching, research, and extension education. The University offers Undergraduate teaching, Postgraduate teaching, research and extension activities. It offers B.Sc. (Agri) and M.Sc. (Agri) every year. To know more about Central Agricultural University (CAU) form this page.
Central Agricultural University (CAU)
The jurisdiction of the University extends to seven North-Eastern Hill States: Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Nagaland, and Tripura, with headquarters at Imphal in Manipur. It imparts teaching in the fields of Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary Sciences, and Food Technology, Horticulture, Fisheries, Agricultural Engineering in various constituent colleges spanning north-eastern state. Also, the university has established 13 different constituent colleges.
|Name||Central Agricultural University|
|Location||Lamphelpat, Imphal, Manipur, India|
|Affiliation||Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE) and Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), UGC, ACU|
|Course Offered||Undergraduate teaching, Postgraduate teaching, research and extension activities|
Central Agricultural University (CAU) – Courses Offered
The University offers various courses in Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. Programs. Check the list of courses below.
- B. Sc. (Hons) Agriculture
- B. Sc. (Hons ) Community Sc.
- B.Sc. (Hons ) Nutrition and Dietetics
- B. V. Sc. and A.H
- B. Sc. (Hons) Horticulture
- B. Sc. (Hons) Forestry
- B.F.Sc. (Fisheries)
- B. Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)
- B. Tech. (Food Technology)
PG and Ph.D. programme:
- M.Sc. (Agriculture)
- M.Sc. Forestry
- Master of Veterinary Sciences
- M.Sc. Community Science
Colleges Under Central Agricultural University (CAU)
There are 13 Colleges under Central Agricultural University (CAU). Check the list of colleges mentioned below.
- College of Agriculture Imphal, Manipur.
- College of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry, Selesih, Aizawl, Mizoram.
- College of Fisheries, Lembucherra, Tripura.
- College of Horticulture and Forestry, Pasighat, Arunachal Pradesh.
- College of Home Science, Tura, Meghalaya.
- College of Agricultural Engineering and Post Harvest Technology, Ranipool, Sikkim.
- College of Post-Graduate Studies, Umiam, Meghalaya.
- College of Agriculture, Pasighat, Arunachal Pradesh.
- College of Horticulture, Bermiok, Sikkim.
- College of Food Technology, Lamphelpat, Manipur.
- College of Agriculture, Krydemkulai, Meghalaya.
- College of Horticulture, Thenzawl.
- College of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry, Jalukie, Nagaland.
Central Agricultural University (CAU) – Admission Procedure
CAU releases the merit list after the result of the examination. The Entrance exam is conducted by ICAR AIEEA / State Government. All the shortlisted candidates shall present themselves for counseling on the prescribed date and time in respective courses with all original documents. Based on the merit list the University provides admission letter to the candidates. Then, Dean of the college verifies the documents. All original documents shall be kept in the safe custody of the Dean of the College.
Central Agricultural University (CAU) – Fees Structure
Students can check the fees structure of all the programmes offered by CAU. Check the tuition fee details of all Programmes.
Central Agricultural University (CAU) – Contact Details
Name: Central Agricultural University, Lamphelpat, Imphal – 795 004, Manipur
Name: Dr. K. Mamocha Singh
Phone No.: 0385-2410644(O)
Name: Sh. M.C. Jublani
Phone No.: 0385-2413627(O)
Official website: www.cau.ac.in