Central University of Gujarat (CUG) is was established by an Act of Parliament, Central Universities Act, in 2009 by Government of India. CUG is located at Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. The admission in the university is done through the Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET). CUG offers various courses in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Ph.D. and Certificate Courses. All the courses are offered under the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). The Central University of Gujarat is a non-affiliating university focussed on research and innovative teaching processes. The university includes various schools, academic departments, and special centres. Also, the university provides all the different policies like Library, Cafeteria, Hostel, Sports Complex, Gym, Hospital / Medical Facilities, Wi-Fi Campus, Bus Service, and Labs.
Central University of Gujarat (CUG)
The mission of CUG is to provide access to quality education and create opportunities for encouraging students to effectively engage with emerging innovations and technological challenges, international competitiveness, and leadership in thought as well as in action. CUG is also conscious of the importance of developing entrepreneurial and scholastic abilities for the creation of knowledge, wealth and prosperity for the country as well as peace and happiness for human beings.
|Name||Central University of Gujarat|
|Location||Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India|
|Affiliation||UGC, NAAC, ACU|
|Course Offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Ph.D. and Certificate Courses|
- Time Table
- Admit Card
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) – Schools
The University has 10 different schools and 2 special centres. Schools and Centres are mentioned below.
- School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies
- School of Social Sciences
- School of International Studies
- School of Education
- School of Library and Information Science
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Environment and Sustainable Development
- School of Nano Sciences
- School of National Security Studies
- Centre for Applied Chemistry
- Centre for Diaspora Studies
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) – Courses Offered
CUG offers various courses in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, PhD and Certificate Courses. All the courses are offered under the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). Check the list of various courses and programmes offered by the University:
|German Studies||B.A. (Hons.)||33|
|Politics and International Relations||M.A||33|
|Library and Information Sciences||M. Lib.I.Sc. (Two-year)||33|
|Studies in Science, Technology and Innovation Policy||M.Phil.||4|
|M.Phil. – Ph.D. Integrated Programmes|
|Gandhian Thought and Peace Studies||M.Phil.- Ph.D.||5|
|Nano Sciences||M.Phil.- Ph.D.||6|
|Studies in Science, Technology and Innovation Policy||Ph.D||1|
|Environment and Sustainable Development||Ph.D||9|
|Library and Information Sciences||Ph.D||4|
Admission Process in Central University of Gujarat (CUG)
Admission in CUG is totally based on Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET). After the declaration of the CUCET 2019 results, CUG will conduct counselling of the candidates who have applied to various UG/PG and Research programmes of the University. The merit list of UG/PG programmes and list of selected candidates for interview for a research programme in the different schools/centres will be declared. The selected candidates can then secure their admission to the UG and PG programme of their choice according to the merit list.
Facilities in Central University of Gujarat (CUG)
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) provides all the various facilities to the students. These facilities are the best facilities than other university’s facilities. Please check all the facilities provides by the CUG below:
- Central Instrumentation Facility (CIF): The Central Instrumentation Facility is one of the best facility in the country. The CIF has a range of instruments like – FT-NMR Spectrometer, Single Crystal and Powder XRD, Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer, Elemental Analyzer (CHNS/O), High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC) & Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (LCMS), Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR), Brunauer Emmett Teller (BET) Surface Area Analyzer, Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometer (ICP-OES), Spectroscopic Ellipsometer, Green/Glass House, Borosil Mansingh Survismeter, Refractometer (RI), Fourier-Transform Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (FT-NMR), Inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectroscopy (ICP-OES), Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS), Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), Analab Mansingh Vision meter.
- Central Library: The Central Library has a wide collection of resources taking into consideration the course contents and research needs of the university. Librarys learning resource collections are developed aiming at providing the highest level of research and teaching support to the programmes and research thrust areas. They have 30,000+ books.
- WI-Fi and ICT Facility: The university provides Wi-Fi facility and students can access the internet on the basis of Personal ID and Password provided by the University.
- Hostel Facility: Hostel Accommodation both for men and women is available.
- Health Facility: Government medical facility is provided to the University campus where students can check their health during medical hours.
- Earn While You Learn Scheme: The Earn While You Learn Initiative is a unique scheme in the Central University of Gujarat for aiding students of the undergraduate and postgraduate level programmes of the University who do not receive fellowships.
- Means-cum-Merit Scholarship: The University start a mean-cum-merit scholarship for the students of UG and PG streams soon.
- Remedial English: The Remedial English programme is for the students to improve and enhance their writing and speaking skill in English.
- Games and Sports: The University focuses on sports and activities. The University organized physical activities, sports, and games.
- Cultural Activities: Cultural activities among the student community on the campus are promoted through various cultural clubs. Students are encouraged to participate in various cultural activities.
- Canteen: The University provides canteen facility where you can get tea, coffee, snacks, lunch, etc.
- Transport Facility: The University has its own AC bus which is available for the students and University staff for their convenience.
- Conference Facility: The University has well-equipped facilities for conferences, workshops, and seminars with seating capacity ranging from 45 to 170 persons.
- Non-NET Fellowships: All the students enrolled for M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes are eligible to receive a monthly fellowship of Rs. 3000/- and Rs. 5000/- respectively, and contingency amount of Rs.8000/- per annum through the UGC Non-NET fellowship initiative.
- Welfare Schemes for SC/ST, Minority and Girl Students: The welfare schemes notified and implemented by the Government of India and UGC are followed in the University and the schemes, announced from time to time, are introduced within the University as applicable.
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) Fees Structure
CUG Fees for various courses is mentioned below:
|Details||B.A||M.A. / M.Sc. (Rs.)||M.Phil. (Rs.)||Ph.D. (Rs.)||P.G. Diploma||M.A. in Social Work|
|Tuition Fee (Per Semester)||500||500||1000||2000||1000||2000|
|Sports Fee (Annual)||200||200||200||200||200||200|
|Literary & Cultural Fee (Annual)||200||200||200||200||200||200|
|Library Fee (Annual)||100||100||100||100||100||100|
|Medical Fee (Annual)||100||100||100||100||100||100|
|Medical Booklet (Each)||25||25||25||25||25||25|
|Student Aid Fund (Annual)||100||100||100||100||100||100|
|Registration Fee (Per Semester)||200||200||200||200||200||200|
|General Security Deposit (Refundable)||500||500||500||500||500||500|
|Identity Card Folder||50||50||50||50||50||50|
|Library Security Deposit (Refundable)||1000||1000||1000||1000||1000||1000|
|Breakage Charges (For Science Students) (Annual)||500||500||500||500||500||500|
|Examination Fee (Per Semester)||250||250||3000||5000||250||250|
|Cyber Library Fee (Per Semester)||200||200||200||200||200||200|
Fees Structure for M.Ed. Programme:
|Tuition Fee (Per Semester)||2000|
|Sports Fee (Annual||200|
|Literary & Cultural Fee (Annual)||200|
|Library Fee (Annual)||100|
|Medical Fee (Annual)||100|
|Medical Booklet (Each)||25|
|Student Aid Fund (Annual)||100|
|Registration Fee (Per Semester)||200|
|General Security Deposit (Refundable)||500|
|Identity Card Folder||50|
|Library Security Deposit (Refundable)||1000|
|Breakage Charges (For Science Students) (Annual)||—|
|Examination Fee (Per Semester)||250|
|Cyber Library Fee (Per Semester)||200|
Central University of Gujarat (CUG) – Contact Details
Name: Central University of Gujarat Sector-29, Gandhinagar-382030, Gujarat, India.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +91 79-23977407
Email ID: email@example.com
Tel: +91 79-23977409
Official website: www.cug.ac.in