Fakir Mohan University was established in the year 1999. It is located in Balasore, Odisha, India. FM University offers Post Graduate programmes under the Post Graduate Departments. There are a total of 19 Post Graduate Teaching Departments in FMU. The University has also been duly recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). All the Post Graduate Departments of the University are computer-based. FMU provides various facilities like hostels, wi-fi, games, sports, health care, etc. Check out the page for Fakir Mohan University.
Fakir Mohan University
FM University is functioning from its present campus at Vyasa Vihar. Fakir Mohan University is committed to develop itself as a value and need-based quality education provider in the state of Odisha in general and Balasore and Bhadrak districts in particular. Have a quick look at Fakir Mohan University from the table mentioned below.
|Name||Fakir Mohan University|
|Location||Balasore, Odisha, India|
|Courses||PG and M.Phil. courses|
FM University Admission Process
Admission in Fakir Mohan University is based on the marks obtained in the Entrance examination. The entrance examination for PG and M.Phil. programs shall be conducted by the University. There is no printed application forms. The application forms for admission are available online at the official website. Interested candidates have to fill the application form and submit it along with the application fees on or before the last date. No applications shall be accepted thereafter under any circumstances.
FM University Departments
FM University has a total of 19 University Teaching Departments. Check out the list of these departments from the following.
- Department of Applied Physics and Ballistics (APAB) – The Department of Applied Physics and Ballistics is established in the year 2007 as a regular PostGraduate Department under Fakir Mohan University, Balasore, Odisha.
- Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology – The Department of Biosciences and Biotechnology has started the regular Post-Graduate teaching programs in Bio-sciences and Biotechnology in the year 2004.
- Department of Botany – The Department of Botany has been opened as a regular P. G. Department from the session 2018-19.
- Department of Business Management – The Department of Business Management came into existence in the year 2004 offering semester pattern MBA Programme with Finance, Marketing and Human Resource specialization.
- Department of Chemistry – The Department of Chemistry has been opened as a regular P. G. Department from the session 2018-19.
- Department of Commerce – The Department of Commerce has been opened as a regular P. G. Department from the session 2018-19
- Department of Education – The Post-Graduate Department of Education, established as a self-financing department in the year 2016 has been converted to a regular P. G. Department from the session i.e. 2018-19. The Department is offering M. A. in Education
- Department of Environmental Science – The Department of Environmental Science started in the academic session 2004-05 with M. Sc. Course in Environmental Science in regular mode. Subsequently the Department started M. Phil. programme in Self-Financing mode from the academic session 2006-07. B
- Department of Geography – The Department of Geography has been opened as a regular P. G. Department from the session 2018-19.
- Department of Geology – The Department of Geology has been opened as a regular P. G. Department from the session 2018-19.
- Department of History & Archaeology – The Department of History and Archaeology has been opened as a regular P. G. Department from the session 2018-19.
- Department of Information & Communication Technology – The Department of Information & Communication Technology (I & C T) has started offering master degree programme from the year 2004. The department offers MCA course.
- Department of Journalism & Mass Communication – The Department of Journalism and Mass Communication has been opened as a regular P. G. Department from the session 2019-20
- Department of Language & Literature – The P.G. Department of language and literature started in 2016 to cater to the needs of imparting education and research on Odia, English and Urdu literature.
- Department of Law
- Department of Mathematics – The Department of Mathematics has been opened as a regular P. G. Department from the session 2018-19.
- Department of Population Studies – The Department of Population Studies was established in 2004. It offers Masters and M. Phil. degree courses in Population Studies, besides M. A. in Social Work and Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) courses under self-financing mode.
- Department of Social Science
- Department of Zoology – The Department of Zoology has been opened as a regular P. G. Department from the session 2018-19.
FM University Courses Offered
Fakir Mohan University offers various Post Graduate programmes under the PG departments. Check out the list of these courses offered by the University from the table given below.
|Name of the Department||Courses Offered|
|Department of Applied Physics and Ballistics (APAB)||M.Sc. in APAB|
M.Sc. in Physics
M.Phil. in Physics
|Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology||M.Sc. in Biotechnology|
M.Phil. in Bioscience
M.Phil. in Biotechnology
|Department of Botany||M.Sc. in Botany|
|Department of Business Management||MBA|
M.Phil. in Management
|Department of Chemistry||M.Sc. in Chemistry|
|Department of Commerce||Masters of Commerce|
|Department of Education||M.A. in English|
Integrated B.Ed. & M.Ed.
|Department of Environmental Science||M.Sc. in Env. Science|
M.Phil. in Env. Science
|Department of Geography||M.A./ M.Sc. in Geography|
|Department of Geology||M.Sc. in Geology|
|Department of History & Archaeology||M.A. in History|
|Department of Information & Communication Technology||MCA|
M.Sc. Information Technology
M.Phil. in Computer Science
|Department of Journalism & Mass Communication||M.A. in Journalism & Mass Communication|
|Department of Language & Literature||M.A. in Odia|
M.A. in English
M.A. in Urdu
M.Phil. in Odia
M.Phil. in English
M.Phil. in Urdu
|Department of Law||LLM|
|Department of Mathematics||M.A./ M.Sc. in Mathematics|
|Department of Population Studies||M.A. in Population Studies|
Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
M.A. in Social Work
M.Phil. in Population Studies
|Department of Social Science||M.A. in Political Science|
M.A. in Sociology
M.A. in Economics
M.Phil. in Political Science
M.phil. in Sociology
M.Phil. in Economics
|Department of Zoology||M.Sc. in Zoology|
FM University Facilities
FMU provides various facilities for the students, staff, faculties and guests. Check out the list of these facilities from the following.
- Campus Wi-Fi – Both the campuses of University are fully Wi-Fi enabled round the clock with high-speed internet connectivity service for students, teachers and other staff of the University.
- Games and Sports – The PG Council is looking after the sports and games activities of the students of the PG Departments.
- Banking – The Students, teachers, and employees of the University avail banking facility from UCOBank at New campus and other Nationalized Banks at Balasore. Needy students avail of study loans from the nationalized banks on the recommendation of the University. The ATM facility of UCO Bank and SBI also exists in the new campus at Nuapadhi.
- University Canteen – The University has two canteens, one at old campus and another at the new campus, both being managed by private caterers. The University has provided the necessary infrastructure required for the canteen. The canteens are supervised by a Committee, which takes care of the standard of food, cost of the food items and general cleanliness of the surroundings.
- Hostels – The University has two gents hostels and four ladies hostels in the New Campus, Nuapadhi for the students of the University. Each hostel is under the supervision of a Superintendent, who is the Head of the hostel administration and supervise discipline in the hostel.
FM University Contact Details
Name: Fakir Mohan University
Location: Balasore, Odisha, India – 756020
Phone No.: (06782)275859
Official Website: www.fmuniversity.nic.in