Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology (GTBIT) was established in 1999 by Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC), which is running a large number of educational institutes, besides carrying out large number of religious and social activities. GTBIT is a degree level technical institute, approved by AICTE and affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. This university was established by Government of NCT of Delhi under provisions of Guru Gobind Singh University Act, 1998 read with its Amendment in 1999. It is affiliating and teaching University. It is recognised by University Grant Commission, India under section 12B of UGC Act. It has also been accredited ” A Grade” by NAAC.
GTBIT has a sprawling campus and is centrally located in Rajouri Garden, New Delhi. The institute has five spacious buildings and state-of-art laboratories. Students of GTBIT have the best of facilities, a conducive environment for studies and a dedicated faculty to guide them and lead them to sucess.
Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology (GTBIT) aims to be among the premier institutes of engineering and technology in the country, recognised for excellence in Teaching, R&D, Sports, Cultural and Social Arena.
Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology is committed to continuously strive, adopt and implement innovative teaching/learning processes, growth, development, and improvement strategies:
- To provide high quality academic, intellectual and conducive environments, wherein all constituents of the institute â€“ students, faculty and other staff, can realize their full potential and growth.
- To help our students in developing their talents, intellectual interests, creative abilities and be life long learners, to meet the challenges of the emerging national and global environments.
- To meet expectations of our society by equipping and training our students to be good citizens, aware of their responsibilities and commitment, to make this world a better place to live.
- To assess and audit our responsibilities, activities/functions, use ICT tools and ensure high quality in all aspects on an on-going basis.
- To develop close linkages with industry to enable our young engineers to be part of fast changing technological scenario and benefits from the new developments.
- These objectives will be achieved through sustained team efforts, involving all stake holders in the institute.