IIIT Bhubaneswar has been registered as a society in November 2006. In January 2014, the Institute is converted to a University by the Government of Odisha. It is located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. The Institute offers five teaching departments and various Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral Programmes under various disciplines. IIIT BH provides 11 months classroom-based PG Program, i.e, PG Diploma in Data Science that is co-developed by IIIT Bhubaneswar and Aptus Data Labs. There are a total of nine Research Labs in the Institute. Check out the page for IIIT Bhubaneswar.
IIIT Bhubaneswar also provides training and placement opportunities for the students. As per last year data, the Institute has a total of 37 recruiters. The Institute also provides jobs and recruitment opportunities for the candidates who are seeking for a job. There are many facilities provided by the Institutes for the students, staff, faculty, and guests. Have a quick look at IIIT Bhubaneswar from the table given below:
|Location||Gothapatna, Malipada, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
|Courses Offered||Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral programmes|
IIIT Bhubaneswar Admission Process
Admission in IIIT Bhubaneswar is done through an admission test, counselling and interview process. Application forms for admission in various courses are made available online at the official website. The admission to regular B.Tech. programs will be purely based on the merit list generated from JEE Main – All India Ranks generated from final NTA score published by NTA. Counselling process shall be conducted for students from all over India and students from Odisha Category.
As per last year’s data, the candidates seeking admission to the M.Tech. in CSE are required to apply to CCMT and choose IIIT Bhubaneswar as a choice. The selection for M.Tech. programs shall be based on GATE score. For Doctoral programs, selection shall be done through written test, literature review and Presentation & Interview to be conducted at IIIT Bhubaneswar. The final selection will be done based on academic performance, performance in the Written Test and the Interview took together.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Academic Calendar
The Institute provides academic calendar for various departments every academic year. Check out the academic calendar of department of Computer Science for the academic year 2019-20 from the following pdf.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Departments
The Institute has following five Departments. The list for the same is given below.
- Computer Science – The mission of this department is to create human resources through undergraduate and postgraduate program relating to computer science and engineering. The Department will follow best practices in education delivery systems, research and consulting practices.
- Electronics Engineering – he department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering has been one of the key departments of the institute started in the year 2009. The department is offering a Bachelor in Technology program in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and a Master in Technology program with the specialization in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE). The Master program is started in the year 2015. The department has also started offering doctoral programs in the year 2015. The faculty members are involved in teaching as well as qualitative research.
- Electrical Engineering – The Department of Electrical Engineering has been one of the essential departments of the institute started in the year 2009. The department is offering Bachelor in Technology program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The department has also started offering doctoral programs in the year 2015. The faculty members are involved in teaching as well as qualitative research. The Department strives to be a Center of Excellence in education, training, and research, producing high-quality engineers and researchers. The Department will contribute and progress in the emerging technologies and committed to rendering the best service to society.
- Basic Sciences
IIIT Bhubaneswar Courses Offered
IIIT Bhubaneswar offers various Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral Programmes under the following disciplines. The list of these courses offered is given below in the following table.
|Programmes Name||Courses Offered|
|Under Graduate||B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering|
B.Tech in Computer Engineering
B.Tech in Information Technology
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication
B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
|Post Graduate||M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering.|
M.Tech in Electronics Engineering
M.Tech in Electrical Engineering
|Doctoral Programme||Computer Science|
Tele Communication Engineering
IIIT Bhubaneswar PGDDS Program
PGDDS Program stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Data Science program. This 11-month classroom-based PG Program is co-developed by IIIT Bhubaneswar and Aptus Data Labs. It covers the depth and breadth of the subject in the form of interactive lectures, hands-on with industrial use cases and a 3-month industry internship. The program is designed for graduate students (or students pursuing final year of graduation) and for working professionals and will encompass comprehensive courses led by qualified and experienced faculty from IIIT-BH as well as certified professionals & veterans from the Data Science industry.
The program participants will receive hands-on training in Statistics & Mathematics, Databases, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Big Data & Business Intelligence using cutting-edge software tools like SQL, R, Python, TensorFlow, RapidMiner, Power BI, Tableau, Hadoop and Spark. The Institute will award the PG Diploma upon successful completion and the placement assistance is also available to graduate students. Candidates can enroll themself for the program on www.aptuslearn.in.
PGDDS – Full Time Program
Venue: IIIT Campus, Bhubaneswar
Duration: approx. one year (starts in July)
Number of Seats: 60
Audience: Graduates or Students in final year of graduation
Selection Criterion: Online screening test
PGDDS – Working Executives Program
Venue: Aptus Data Labs, Bhubaneswar
Duration: approx. one year (starts in April)
Number of Seats: 60
Audience: Working executives with graduate degree
Selection Criterion: First come first serve
IIIT Bhubaneswar Placements
The Institute provides the traing and placement opportunity for their students. IIIT BH takes immense care to prepare its students to be employment ready. The recruiters of the Institutes are given below.
- Aptus Data Lab
- Belzabazar Software
- Ernst & Young
- Hitachi Consulting
- Incture Technologies
- ITC Infotech
- L&T Infotech
- Sankalp Semiconductors
- SAP Technologies
- Snap Deal
- Tech Mahindra
- TEK Systems
- Utopia Labs
Placement Report 2019:-
|Company Name||Students placed||LPA offered|
|Infosys Category 1||1||8|
|Infosys Category 2||19||5|
|Infosys Category 3||88||3.6|
|Ernst & Young||14||3.8|
Placement Report 2018:-
|Company Name||Students placed||LPA offered|
|Ernst & Young||14||3.8|
IIIT Bhubaneswar Student Societies
IIIT Bhubaneswar has four student societies provided for the students. The list of these students societies is given below.
- NAP Society – The News and Publications Society, IIIT Bhubaneswar reports all the events conducted throughout an academic year and is a forum for students to enhance their literacy skills. The NAPS, as they are known, organizes various debates, quizzes, and speeches throughout the year.
- The Cultural Society – There are a number of clubs under the Society with specific focus to promote values and interests of an individual. These include Art & amp; Movie Club, Aakanksh (the Dramatics club), Photo-geeks (the Photography club) and the DEBSOC (Debating Club). The cultural society organizes various competitions and events like VIBES, OCTAVES, singing competitions, dancing competitions, Rockathon, photography competitions, fashion shows including the fresher’s welcome party “Nebulae” and several festive nights.
- Advaita – Advaita is the institute’s annual techno-cult fest which brings in students from all over India. Celebrity Night is the biggest attraction of Advaita where a famed star performs among a huge crowd. Advaita had celebrities like Lost Stories and Band Lagoori, which attracted a lot of footfalls in its last edition.
- Tech Society – The objective of the Tech Society is to promote and encourage technological innovation. The Society provides the platform for the students to learn beyond the classroom periphery. The society regularly conducts model workshops, technical seminars, training courses, and competitions.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Research Labs
The Institute has following nine Research Labs in the campus. The list of these research labs is given below.
- Virtual Instrumentation Lab – This lab uses some special tools such as Lab view and Xilinx mentor graphics. The main focus of this lab is to model simulation of virtually real-time systems. It also focuses on Real-Time Speech Processing and Real-Time Image Processing.
- Big Data Labs – The big data lab uses open source tools such as Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Zookeeper, Flume, and Pig. This lab is used mainly for research work, student projects, and consultations. It focuses on analyzing large-scale data streams such as news, blogs, sensor data, and social media. It is also used in the application of machine learning for cybersecurity.
- Mobile App Development – The institute has to its credits in establishing labs to train students in mobile development techniques. This facility can be entertained to develop apps in IOS, windows, and android.
- Bioinformatics Lab – A bioinformatics lab in the department of CS & E granted by the department of science and technology, the government of India has been set up. The DST had identified CS& E department for support in level 1 category on the recommendation of fist advisory board. The lab focuses in developing big bio-data mining and systems bioinformatics technologies.
- Cross-Lingual- Information- Access – Sandhan (Indian language Search Engine) is a mission mode project funded by TDIL, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, and Government of India. The main objective of this research lab is to develop a monolingual search system for the tourism domain in nine Indian languages including Odiya. It is a consortium mode project consisting of various institutes like IITs, IIITs, and other institutes.
- Analytics Lab – The analytics labs are dedicated to developing tools and techniques for analyzing large data. Our specific emphasis is laid upon to develop parallel algorithms to address analytics in big-data.
- Characterization Lab – The proposed Characterization lab would be the first of its kind in the eastern region of the nation. The laboratory once established, can provide facilities for chip testing. Although the chip designing has reached an appreciable stage in the State, the chip testing facility is not available. The Characterization Laboratory will also provide a common facility to local IT entrepreneurs, students, and research scholars as well, and such a facility will attract more IT investors to the State.
- Information Security and Forensic Lab – This lab supports capacity building in the area of Information Security. The primary areas of focus include the Generation of core research manpower to undertake basic/fundamental/applied research in information security, the introduction of Information Security to the curriculum of formal courses, Technology Forecast & Assessment, and creation of a National Repository of courses. This Lab is sponsored by Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) Lab – The HPC in the Institute has one master node, 12 compute nodes and a GPU node. The HPC has 256 compute cores and a GPU processor. The HPC has the following software: Cluster management, Intel cluster studio, PBS pro software or equivalent, PGI toolkit with CUDA programming toolkit on Linux (for GPU node), support PGI C++/ FORTRAN. The HPC runs in Redhat Linux. The system is primarily used for research and consulting. The parallel programming courses in M.Tech use this system
IIIT Bhubaneswar Jobs and Recruitment
IIIT Bhubaneswar provides a unique environment for teaching, research, consulting and Institution building. The Institute published the job openings on the official website. The application form for the same is made available on the official website. Interested candidates can apply online. The last job opening was the recruitment of faculty on contract and the recruitment of staff on contract. Before applying for the job candidates are advised to read the instructions in the information brochure and check the attachments carefully.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Facilities
IIIT BH provides various facilities for the students, staffs, faculty and guests. The list of these facilities is given below.
- Classrooms – IIIT Bhubaneswar has more than 30 classrooms in multiple formats to accommodate variety of needs of the programmes. Classrooms to accommodate student strength ranging from 25 to 180. There is a mix of galleried and flat-floor classrooms. Classrooms have Network and Internet access, Multimedia Projectors and Audio systems, etc. It is proposed to air-condition the classrooms in near future.
- Laboratories – There are numerous Laboratories as required by the curriculum. There are High-Performance Computing Lab, IOS and OSX Lab with Apple Computers and Data Center Lab.
- Central Library – The Central Library is a key academic infrastructure of the Institute. It is a bookworm’s paradise with a large and diverse collection of books. The Library has a large collection of Titles, a large collection of Journals, e-Books, Multimedia content, 24×7 access, and text Book library.
- IT Infrastructure – The Institute has a state-of-the-art IT infrastructure on the campus. The IT infrastructure is Service-oriented.
- Hostel – The Institute is planning to build two Hostels initially. These hostels will be able to accommodate more than 1200 students. The hostels will have a combination of single, double and triple bedded rooms. Features of the hostels are rooms with modern design, modern WCs, washing machines and pressing Irons, Common room equipped with HD LCD TV, TT, Carrom, Music system, Hostel Library, and Modern and Hygienic Mess.
- Sports – The Institute provides adequate outdoor playing facilities for students. These include Tennis courts, Basketball courts, Volleyball courts, cricket and football fields. The campus is identified by several artefacts such as the Infinite Pond, the Courtyard, the Tranquillity Centre, Nature’s arc, the Scholar’s arc, the Medicinal Lane, the Orchard Lane, the Celebration Plaza, etc.
- Auditorium – The Institute has four mini auditoria to facilitate guest lectures, interaction meetings, technical events, industry interactions, and seminars. These auditoria have seating capacity ranging from 150 to 300 and they are equipped with modern audio and visual presentation equipment. The Institute has an open-air theatre to host large scale events with audiences exceeding 5000 in numbers.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Contact Details
Name: IIIT Bhubaneswar
Location: Gothapatna, Malipada, Bhubaneswar, India – 751003
Phone No.: 0674-2653-304, +91-674-2653300
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website: www.iiit-bh.ac.in