- A candidate who has secured 80 percent or more marks in aggregate (including Physics, Chemistry and Math) and 80% or more in Mathematics in class XII from CBSE/ICSE/IB board or equivalent is eligible for applying to IIIT-D. This requirement is in addition to the marks obtained in Paper 1 of JEE (Main) 2015 and normalized score in Class 12th.
- However, if the result of 10+2 is not declared by the last date of applying, the student is not eligible for this year’s admission process. If the board has more than five subjects for aggregate, the best five will be taken into account. No candidate without proof of at least 80% in aggregate (including Physics, Chemistry and Math) and 80% in Mathematics will be entertained for admission even if he/she qualifies the JEE (Main) 2015.
Candidates belonging to the following categories, who apply for seats reserved for them, shall be allowed a relaxation in the eligibility requirement. The relaxation is applicable both in Mathematics and overall percentage as detailed below:
- Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST): A relaxation of 10 percent marks in the eligibility requirements for the seats reserved for them.
- Defence: A relaxation of 5 percent marks in the eligibility requirements for the seats reserved for them
- Persons with Disability (PwD): A relaxation of 5 percent marks in the eligibility requirements for the seats reserved for them.
- OBC: A relaxation of 5 percent marks in the eligibility requirements for the seats reserved for them
Any other relaxation, if any, will be announced on the joint counseling website.
- B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/Math-and-Computing
- B.Tech/BE in any other discipline and must have done in their programme:
- at least one computer programming course, and
- at least two mathematics courses
All applicants must have a valid GATE score (2014/2015). They must have a CGPA of at least 6.5 out of 10 or 65% in B.Tech/BE and 60% in all previous degree including 10+2.
IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PwD and CW category candidates. Specially, candidates under these categories must have CGPA of at least 6.0 out of 10 or 60% in B.Tech/BE and 55% in all previous degree including 10+2.
Note: Candidates who are appearing in the final examination are also eligible to apply. They are required to give their last CGPA/aggregate percentage of marks.
The goal of the PhD program at IIIT-Delhi is to empower students to become part of the global research ecosystem, and contribute to research organizations and top class universities across the world. The program is based on the best practice models at top universities across the world. Some key features are listed below.
- Currently, IIIT-Delhi has only full-time PhD program in Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics Communication Engineering .
- Fresh B.Tech. graduates with research aptitude are strongly encouraged to apply. GATE score is not mandatory.
- IIIT-Delhi provides attractive stipend to full-time regular PhD students. Furthermore, the tuition fee (currently Rs. 1 Lakh per year) is waived for full-time PhD students with teaching, research or lab assistantship.
- Other than the regular program, IIIT-Delhi has started a focused collaborative PhD program with selected partner groups/institutes across the world and a sponsored full-time PhD program for people working in industry.
- IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC/ST, PH and CW category candidates.
IIITD, an institute leading in education and research relevant to the current technologies and needs of industry, is running several labs to support its teaching and research work being carried out by its faculty members, research scholars and students, in both CSE and ECE streams. All research labs are located in Faculty and Research block while all teaching labs are housed in the Library and Information Center on the campus. Research labs, associated with focused research groups, are working in areas of IT and Electronics. Teaching labs help students understand theoretical concepts taught in the course of their study.
Candidates can check below lab to know about our teaching labs:
- RF and Applied Electromagnetics Lab
RF circuit designing and simulation, Antenna and wave propagation, Antenna designing and simulation and Microwave test benches.
- Shannon Lab
Robotics and automation, Wireless communication, Wireless cellular systems.
- Circuits and VLSI Lab
Embedded and VLSI Systems, Digital and Analog Circuits and Basic Electronics.
- Computer Labs
Data Structures and Algorithm, Computer Organization, Animation and Graphics, Computer Networks