Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIIT-D) was established in the year 2008. IIITD is located in New Delhi, India. IIIT-Delhi offers Under Graduate (B.Tech.), Post Graduate (M.tech.) and Ph.D. programs in various disciplines. IIIT-D currently has six teaching departments namely department of Computer Science, Electronics and Communication, Computational Biology, Human Centered Design, Social Science and Humanities, and Mathematics. The Institute also has six Research Centres. Check out the page for Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIITD).
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIITD)
IIIT-Delhi began with its first batch of 60 B.Tech. students in 2008. IIIT-D was created as a State University. The Institute is accredited A grade by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council). Have a quick look at the Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIIT-Delhi) from the table given below:
|Name||Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi|
|Location||New Delhi, India|
|Courses||UG (B.Tech.), PG (M.Tech.) and Ph.D. courses|
IIITD Admission Process
The admission in IIIT-Delhi in B.Tech. shall be done through Joint Admission Counselling, Delhi (JAC-Delhi) and IIIT-Delhi admission process using UCEED rank (Only for some seats in CSD) and Class XII marks (Only for some seats in CSSS). The admissions for foreign nationals/PI precis/NRIs will be through DASA and directly through the IIIT-D process. For M.Tech., admission shall be based on previous academic record & GATE scores (GATE applicants).
Non-GATE applicants, admission in M.Tech. shall be based on the previous academic record and marks obtained in the written test conducted by the Institute. The application form for admission is made available online at the official website. Interested students are advised to fill the application form in the prescribed format and submit it along with the requisite fees on or before the last date. After the last date, no applications shall be accepted under any circumstances.
IIITD Academic Calendar
IIIT Delhi provides the academic calendar for both Monsoon and Winter semester online at the official website. Check out the academic calendar for Winter Semester for the session 2020 from the pdf given below.
IIIT-Delhi offers following six Teaching Departments. These departments offers various UG, PG and Ph.D programs. Check out the list of these teaching departments from the table given below.
|Name of the Department||Courses Offered|
|Department of Computer Science & Engineering||B.Tech. CSE|
|Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering||B.Tech. |
|Department of Computational Biology||B.Tech. Computer Science and Biosciences|
B.Tech. Computational Biology
M.Tech. in Computational Biology
|Department of Mathematics||B.Tech.|
|Department of Social Sciences and Humanities||B.Tech. Computer Science and Social Sciences (CSSS)|
B.Tech. (Minor) in Economics
|Department of Human-Centered Design||B.Tech in Computer Science and Design|
IIITD Courses Offered
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi offers Bachelor of Technology (UG), Master of Technology (PG) and Ph.D. programs under various disciplines. Check out the list of courses offered by the University from the table given below.
|Programme Name||Courses Offered|
|B.Tech.||Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)|
Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
Computer Science and Applied Mathematics (CSAM)
Computer Science and Design (CSD)
Computer Science and Social Sciences (CSSS)
Computer Science and Biosciences (CSB)
Computer Science and Artifical Intelligence (CSAI)
|M.Tech.||Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)|
Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE)
Computational Biology (CB)
|Ph.D.||Computational Biology (CB)|
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE)
Human Centered and Design (HCD)
Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH)
IIITD Fee Structure
IIIT Delhi provides the fee structure of the semester/course fee and payment schedule for both the Monsoon and Winter session. The link to check the fee structure and payment schedule for the Winter 2019 is mentioned below.
Fee Structure: Click Here to check the semester/ course fee and payment schedule for the Winter 2019.
IIITD provides the placement facility for students for the betterment of their careers. IIIT Delhi provides a platform to facilitate interaction between students and companies, so both can find the best match as per their aspirations and requirements. The campus promotes a host of student activities to improve their soft skills, which are imperative for one to excel in his/ her workspace. IIITD have very recently started participating in some national level ranking. QS Ranking has ranked IIIT-Delhi, 48 in QS Ranking India, 2019 and 192 in BRICS Region, 2019. IIITD has been ranked 55 in NIRF ranking. The link to check the complete list of IIITD Recruiters is mentioned below.
IIITD Recruiters: Click Here to check the complete list of Tech and Non-Tech IIITD recruiters.
Placement Statistics 2019
|Students registered for placement||237|
|Number of companies visited||102+|
|Total Offers||443 ( 269 full time + 174 intern offers)|
|Full time||191 A+ Offers (CTC => 10 lakhs)|
|Full time||78 A Offers (6 lakhs < CTC < 10 lakhs)|
|Highest salary (Indian)||39 Lacs for B.Tech & 39 Lacs for MTech|
|Highest salary (Overseas)||40.72 lacs|
|Average B.Tech Package||15.81 lacs (Average B.Tech CSE 17.43 & Average B.Tech ECE 11.30)|
|Average M.Tech Package||16.39 lacs (Average M.Tech CSE 16.27 & Average M.Tech ECE 17.65)|
|Overall Average salary||16.06 Lacs|
|Percentage||98.96% (BTech CSE), 94.59% (BTech ECE), 100% (MTech CSE), 93.75% (MTech ECE), 71.43% (MTech CB)|
IIITD has the following six Institute centers. Check out the list for the same from the following.
- Centre of Technology in Policing – To strengthen Delhi Police with cutting-edge technology in the field of crime prevention and control, IIIT Delhi has come up with the Centre of Technology in Policing”. The center would also train police personnel to acquire knowledge in using the latest tools and techniques to aid other aspects of policing like traffic management, disaster management, urban crime, and terrorism.
- Centre for Design and New Media – The Centre for Design and New Media (CDNM) was inaugurated at IIIT-Delhi on August 22, 2018, and span over seven years to provide support for faculty, projects, equipment, and labs in IIIT Delhi. This is a unique initiative taken by the institute and is a one-of-a-kind center in India.
- Cybersecurity and Systems Research Centre – The mission of this center is to build systems and tools that are of direct interest to different stakeholders (Government, Industry, Citizens).
- Centre for Computational Biology – The mission of the center is to conduct outstanding research at the interface of biological sciences and computer science to bridge the gap between diverse biological streams, starting from biological networks to molecular biology, to computational fields including algorithm development, high-performance computing, etc.
- Infosys Centre for AI – The center for AI aims to be the premier center in India for the development of AI. This includes both the fundamental algorithms in AI to further basic research and also the application of AI for solving societal problems specifically in the Indian Context.
- Innovation & Incubation Centre – IIITD Innovation & Incubation Center is a platform focused towards fostering & promoting the entrepreneurial spirit of start-up enthusiasts by providing a healthy ecosystem to promote their ideas, startups, and researches into successful entrepreneurial ventures.
IIIT Delhi provides various facilities for the students, staff, guests and faculties. Check out the list of these facilities from the following.
- Students Club
- IT Infrastructure
- Computer Labs
- ECE Labs
- Green Policy
- Guest House
- Design and Innovation Lab
- Dining Services
- Incubation Centre
IIITD Contact Details
Name: Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
Location: Okhla Industrial Estate,Phase III (Near Govind Puri Metro Station), New Delhi, India – 110020
Phone No.: 91-11-26907400-7404
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website: www.iiitd.ac.in