Summer Internships & Placement
Our students have received support from various Universities and Industries in India an Abroad for summer internships. Some of these Universities and Industries abroad are the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth, University of Warwick UK, Finisar (Malaysia), KIMS (South Korea), Wonkwang (South Korea), Harbin Engineering College (China), MINGCHI (Taiwan), VU University (Holand), Fraun-Hofer (Germany), Tsukuba University (Japan), Int. Atomic Energy Agency (Austria), Philips (NXP), University of Malaysia, NUS Singapore, IO state University (USA),Trinity College (Ireland), University of Alberta, HITACHI Research Lab (Japan), Hokkaido University (Japan), Rajamangala (Thailand), ECP (France), Institute of Plasma Physics (Belgium) TCS (R&D), Tata Steel (Jamshedpur), Tata Motors (Pune), DRDL(Hyderabad), DRDO(Bangalore), ALCON GOA, BARC Mumbai, Hindustan Colas etc.
Students Placement for 2013
- 25 esteem Companies visited during the campus placement year 2012?13. Some of them are Finisar, Tata Steel, Texas Instrumentation, BPCL, IOCL, HPCL, ONGC, DRDO, United Health Group, Flipkart, Altair, SAMSUNG, L&T, TEOCO, TCE, INFOSYS, COGNIZANT, TRICON Infotech, TCS, Affine Analytics etc.
- From the companies we received 98 offers.
- The average salary (CTC) package for the graduating B.Tech. is INR 7.17 L PA
- Highest CTC offered was from ONGC (PSU) of INR 11.2 LPA
- Out of 107 students from 2009 batch 98 students were eligible for the placement process.
- Out of 98 students approximately 90% are placed till date 22.04.2013. In addition 6 students have qualified but placed in wait?list for 3 different organizations. The results are expected shortly.
- There was an interaction meeting between final year students and CDC team on 16?10?2012 (Tuesday) at 5.45 PM in the auditorium, Samantapuri campus. With the honourable Director Prof. M. Chakraborty & Prof. Srikanth Sundararajan present to address various issues.
- Prof. Ravi Kumar Bhaskaran, Honorary Professor adviser for the Career Development Cell, IIT Bhubaneswar visited IIT Bhubaneswar during 29?31, January 2013. There was an interaction meeting with all third year and final year students, CDC team on 30?01?2013 (Wednesday) at 5.30 PM in the auditorium, Samantapuri campus. Prof. Bhaskaran delivered a talk on the placement activities in general and gave advise/tips to the students. The honorable director Prof. M. Chakraborty was also present.
- Dr. T. V. S. Sekhar, Professor in Charge, Career Development Cell Participated in two meetings of Professors?in Charge of all IITs of Career and Placement Cell on September 22, 2012 held at IIT Mandi and 16?17 February 2013 held at IIT Kharagpur.
Most of the 3rd year B. Tech students got summer internships in reputed organizations abroad and in India. From Mechanical Sciences 13 students received offers from Foreign Universities/organizations like U Mass D (USA), WMG (UK), Finisar (Malaysia), KIMS (South Korea), Harbin Engineering College (China), MINGCHI (Taiwan), VU University (Holand), Fraun?Hofer (Germany). Other students got offers from reputed organizations in India like TCS (R&D), Tata Steel, Tata Motors, DRDL etc.
From Electrical Sciences 16 students got offers from foreign universities/organizations like U Mass D (USA), WMG (UK), Tsukuba University (Japan), Int. Atomic Energy Agency (Austria), Philips (NXP), University of Malaysia, NUS Singapore, IO state University (USA),Trinity College (Ireland), University of Alberta, HITACHI Research Lab (Japan), Institute of Plasma Physics (Belgium) and others got it in India like Tata Motors, IISc, IIT Delhi, IIT Kharagpur, DRDO etc.
From School of Infra structure 7 students obtained offers from foreign universities/organizations for internships. Mubeena Fatima was shortlisted for the prestigious S.N. Bose scholars program (Jointly organized by The Science and Engineering Research Board, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the Indo?U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and the University of Wisconsin?Madison ) to work at University of Wisconsin (USA). Others received foreign internships from U Mass D (USA), Tohoku University (Japan), Rajamangala (Thailand), ECP (France), Wonkwang (South Korea), Hokkaido University (Japan). The remaining students got internships from Indian reputed organizations like ALCON GOA, L&T Jajpur, BARC Mumbai, Hindustan Colas etc.