Candidates can check the IIT Kanpur academic calendar here.
- All academic departments will remain open on December 26, 2015 and July 23, 2016.
- If the requisite number of lectures cannot be scheduled (requisite number being 40 lectures of 50 minutes each for a 3-lecture a week full semester course), the instructors may, in consultation with the students in their respective courses, decide on a schedule of extra classes. Extra classes should not to be scheduled on Gazetted Holidays.
- No class, quiz, presentation, or any other academic activity can be scheduled on April 16, 2016, July 09, 2016 and similarly on November 12, 2016.
- Saturdays and Sundays falling within the examination period will be used for scheduling examinations. If the need arises (only in extra ordinary situations) examinations of some courses may also be scheduled on Sundays falling on 14.2.2016, 21.2.2016, 17.4.2016, 12.6.2016, 10.7.2016, 11.9.2016 and 14.11.2016.
- Lectures for modular courses offered in first half of semesters/summer term will commence on December 30, 2015/ May 17, 2016/ July 27, 2016, whereas lectures for modular courses offered in second half of semesters/summer term will commence on February 22, 2016/ June 13, 2016/ September 19, 2016.
- Final examinations of modular courses offered in first half of semesters/summer term will be conducted during Feb. 15-20, 2016/ June 10-11, 2016/ Sept.13-18, 2016, whereas final examinations of modular courses offered in second half of semesters/summer term will be conducted during April 18-28, 2016/ July 11-12, 2016/ Nov. 15-25, 2016.
- Pre-Registration of all modular courses (irrespective of whether they are offered in first half or second half of the semester) will be done along with Pre-Registration of regular (non-modular) courses during the dates mentioned in above table.