North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST) was established in the year 1984 by the Government of India. It is a deemed-to-be-university, autonomous, fully funded and is located at Nirjuli, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh, India. NERIST offers Base Module, Diploma Module, Under Graduate, Post Graduate, and Ph.D. programs. The University also offers 11 teaching departments under the Engineering and Science disciplines and one center for management studies. Check out the page for North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST).
North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST)
The Under Graduate programs of Engineering are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of the Institute. NERIST has several necessary infrastructural facilities such as Sub-Post Office, Branch of State Bank of India with core banking facility and ATM facility, Co-operative store, Institute Canteen, Nescafe Coffee Corner, Medical Health Unit, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Kinder Garten School. Have a quick look at the North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST) from the table given below:
|Name||North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology|
|Location||Nirjuli, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh, India|
|Courses||Base Module, Diploma Module, UG, PG and Ph.D. programs|
NERIST Admission Process
The admission in NERIST is done through marks obtained in NERIST Entrance Examination (NEE) conducted at three Levels viz., NEE-I, NEE-II, and NEE-III for admissions to Base Module, Diploma Module & Degree Module of Engineering & Technology branches of Technology stream; and to Degree Module of Forestry stream through NEE-II (PCB). The entrance examination is conducted at various centers located in the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura.
The selection of candidates is done in order of merit as per the institute regulations under various reservation categories of the respective states and the Union of India. For Post Graduate and Ph.D. programs, admission shall be made based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Test conducted by the Institute. The application form for admission is made available online on the official website. Interested candidates are advised to fill the online application form and submit it along with the application fees on or before the last date. No applications shall be accepted thereafter under any circumstances.
Click Here to check the admission structure of NERIST.
NERIST Academic Calendar
NERIST provides the academic calendar for both the semesters every year. Check out the academic calendar for the academic year 2020 from the following pdf.
NERIST offers the following 11 University Teaching Departments under two disciplines, i.e, Engineering and Science. Check out the list for the same from the following.
|Disciplines||Name of the Departments|
|Engineering||Department of Agricultural Engineering|
Department of Civil Engineering
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Department of Electrical Engineering
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering
|Science||Department of Chemistry|
Department of Forestry
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
Department of Mathematics
Department of Physics
NERIST Courses Offered
North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology offers Base, Diploma, Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Ph.D. programmes under various teaching departments. Check out the list of courses offered by the University from the following table.
|Name of the Department||Courses Offered|
|Department of Agricultural Engineering||Base in Agricultural Engineering|
Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
|Department of Civil Engineering||Base in Civil Engineering|
Diploma in Civil Engineering
|Department of Computer Science and Engineering||Diploma in Computer Science|
|Department of Electrical Engineering||Base in Electrical Engineering|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering
|Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering||Base in Electronics & Comm. Engineering|
Diploma in Electronics & Comm. Engineering
|Department of Mechanical Engineering||Base in Mechanical Engineering|
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
|Department of Chemistry||M.Sc.|
|Department of Forestry||B.Sc.|
|Department of Humanities and Social Sciences||Ph.D.|
|Department of Mathematics||M.Sc.|
|Department of Physics||M.Sc.|
|Centre for Management Studies||MBA|
NERIST Fee Structure
NERIST fee structure is subject to change from time to time as per the Institute regulations. Check out the tentative Institute NERIST fees structure from the following.
Hostel Fees – Besides the above fees, the hostellers are required to pay the following fees: —
Caution Money – Rs.3000/- (50% refundable after completion of course)
Mess Advance For Boys Hostel – Rs.14, 800/- per semester & For Girls Hostel Rs 12,000/- per semester
NERIST Training and Placement Cell
The inception of NERIST Training and Placement Cell was in 1991. Right from its inception, the Training & Placement (T&P) Cell has been functioning actively in providing Training, Placement, and Career development opportunities to the students and also rendering valuable services in the counseling of students continuously. The cell organizes industrial training or field training for 30 days during summer vacation for the B.Tech. (pre-final) year students in partial fulfillment of the requirements of their B.Tech./MBA curriculum.
Click Here to check the complete details regarding NERIST Training and Placement Cell.
NERIST provides various facilities and amenities for the students, staff, faculties and guests. Check the list for the same from the following.
- Advanced Central Computing Facility (ACCF) – ACCF was established in 1996 with the objective of promoting research by faculty members and encouraging advanced computer studies by students.
- Educational Technology Cell – The ET cell was established as a project sponsored by the MHRD, Govt. of India to increase the effectiveness of the teaching-learning process with the help of modern audio-visual equipment.
- Institute Library – The Institute library, with a collection of over 63431 textbooks and reference books in its Central library and over 35,000 books in Book Bank, subscribes 104 national and international journals. It also subscribes to 14 magazines and 104 national and regional dailies to provide a base for enhanced learning. Every student can issue a full set of books from its Book Bank facility in each semester.
- Campus Amenities – The Institute has several necessary infrastructural facilities such as Sub-Post Office, Branch of State Bank of India with core banking and ATM facilities, a departmental store, an Institute Canteen, a Medical Health Unit, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Kinder Garten School. ATM facilities have been extended by the SBI Bank and Canara Bank as well. There are recreational clubs for the faculty & officers, staff, and ladies. The Institute has a BSNL telephone exchange on its campus and has its EPABX of 1200 lines. For stationery items, stores are provided in boys and girls hostel compounds.
- Student Gymkhana – Students Gymkhana is the center of co-curricular activities for the students of the Institute. It provides the students with facilities for their all-round development in the field of sports, cultural activities, hobbies, and creativity. One multi-gym, one indoor badminton court, three basketball courts and a playground are under the Gymkhana.
- Auditorium – The auditorium is the premier college venue for cultural activities, departmental functions, technical fests and performing arts. Seated up to 500, the auditorium is well furnished with LCD projectors, soundproof audio-video facilities. The auditorium is also used by the schools inside the campus for their annual functions.
- Hostels – NERIST has 10 hostels, 8 for boys and 2 for girls. One hostel each is kept for the PG boys and PG girls.
- Guest House – The NERIST guest house brings you the plush, elegant decor and modern facilities with the panoramic view of hills of Arunachal Pradesh. The 14 newly furbished fully air-conditioned rooms (8 nos.) and suites (6 nos.) provide you all the daily facilities with a great experience of living. The professional cooks provide you a range of Indian food from casual, all-day eateries to formal, fine dining.
- NERIST KG School – NERIST KG School was established in the year 1992. The school is self-financed for its recurring expenditure and is running on no profit no loss basis. Presently, the school is running three classes: Play class, Lower Kindergarten (LKG) and Upper Kindergarten (UKG).
- NERIST Health Unit – The NERIST Health Unit is dedicated to the service of the students and staff community. It was first started in the form of a dispensary and today it is a six-bed hospital with 24-hour emergency ward and hosts other facilities and laboratories. The activities of the hospital include treatment and regular checkups. The students and staff members get free medical consultancy for any physical problems. NERIST health unit provides 24 hours ambulance facility for emergency patients.
NERIST is located in a picturesque valley at the foothills of the Eastern Himalayas and is situated at Nirjuli (Itanagar) in the Papum Pare district of Arunachal Pradesh on National Highway 52A. It is about 390 km from Guwahati (Assam) and 10 km from Banderdewa, the Entry Gate to the Capital Complex, Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh). From the Institute, the Capital town, Itanagar is about 20 km onward. The Institute can be accessed by rail and road from Guwahati to Naharlagunrailway stations. The nearest airports are located at Guwahati, Tezpur and Lilabari (North Lakhimpur) respectively. Super Deluxe buses daily to and from Guwahati. Taxis can also be hired at Guwahati to reach the Institute.
NERIST Contact Details
Name: North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology
Location: Nirjuli (Itanagar), Arunachal Pradesh, India – 791109
Phone No.: +91 (0)360 2257401-08
Fax: +91 (0)360 2257872
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website: nerist.ac.in