Since its inception in 1964 as TEC and its conversion to NIT in 2006, NIT Agartala has covered miles in terms of quality education and training. Stress is being laid on research activities. B.Tech degree is offered in the field of civil, mechanical, computer science, electrical, electronics and communication, civil and transportation, production, and from last year chemical, electronics and instrumentation. M.Tech Program has begun couple of years ago in the fields of civil, electrical, mechanical and last year in computer science. Ph.D program has been started in Instrumentation, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics & Communication branches as well.
Massive Infrastructure development work is underway. The rate at which the development work is going on in the campus in this region,despite its geographically challenging location is commendable. The undergraduate and post graduate programs are constantly monitored and regularly revised to include the latest trend-setting technological theories and practices.
- NIT Agartala Placement Brochure
- The Placement Office(the formal point of contact for placements at NIT A) or the Placement Cell(the body of students representatives) sends an invitation to the companies/organizations along with relevant information.
- Logins are created for companies interested in recruiting at http://nitagartala.in to access their online account.
- Company/Organization fills in a JAF(Job Announcement Form) containig details of the job and offer using their online account. JAFs can also be sent either by post or email to Placement Cell/Office, NIT Agartala([email protected]).
- If a company/organization wishes to conduct a Pre-Placement(PPT) they can send a request along with the preferred dates.
- The JAF is made available online to the students, along with any other information furnished by company/organization.
- Interested students show their willingness to appear for the recruitment process of a company by signing its JAF online.
- Companies can view resumes of interested students and shortlist students using their online account.
- Companies visit the campus on the alloted date/s and conduct tests and/or itnterviews according to their recruitment process
- The company/organization is required to furnish the final list of students on the date of interview.
Some Practice School Stations
NITA has topped the Campus Placements in Tripura. NITA’s graduates have been recruited by several well-known organizations in India and abroad. Amongst them are:
- ADITI Technologies
- Asian Paints Ltd
- Bentley Systems
- Bharat Heavy Electrial Limited
- BLUE STAR LTD.
- CALCUTTA ELECTRIC SUPPLY CORPORATION
- CDAC R&D Pune
- COAL INDIA LIMITED
- Crompton Greaves Limited
- Damodar Valley Corporation
- Engineers India Limited
- GAMMON INDIA LIMITED
- General Electrical
- Haldia Petrochemicals Limited
- Hewlett Packard
- Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd.
- HMT Watches Limited
- Hunter Douglas
- i-flex solutions ltd.
- Indian Air Force
- JSW ENERGY LIMITED (JINDAL GROUP)
- Kanbay Software
- L & T Infotech
- Larsen & Toubro Limited
- National Informatics Centre
- National Productivity Council
- National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd.
- NEEPCO Ltd
- Oil India Limited
- ONGC LTD
- Ontario Power Generation
- Orient Fans
- Reliance Industries Ltd
- STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LTD
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Wipro Ltd
- Zensar Technologies limited
As a part of the curriculum the student of 3rd year under goes a one month industrial training. Summer training is generally arranged in BHEL, Power Grid, Hindustan Motors, Steel Authority of India Limited, Airport Authority of India limited, Larsen & Toubro Limited (ECC Div.) etc. A part from this students are also encouraged to undergo similar training at the end of other semester as well.