The first batch of students has been admitted and academic activities of NITAP have started from 2010-11 session.To begin with, NIT Arunachal Pradesh admits students in each in the following B. Tech programs:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
As decided by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, the procedure for selection of candidates for admission to the Bachelor Degree Courses in Engineering/Technology in National Institute of Technology Durgapur and in other NITs is on the basis of State Rank/ All India Rank (AIR) of AIEEE conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and the same is executed through counselling by Central Counselling Board, AIEEE under guidance from MHRD, GOI as per schedule notified by CCB.
In addition to the normal intake, a few seats are reserved for Foreign Students who are nominated by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, and the Indian Council of Cultural Relations, Government of India.
- The minimum academic qualification for admission is “pass” in the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English, having secured pass marks in each subject.
- Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1984 are eligible for admission in 2009-2010 session. However in case of SC, ST and PH candidates, the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
- The candidate must be in good mental and physical health, and should satisfy the standard physical fitness criteria of the Institute (to be examined and certified by the Medical Officer of the Institute).
Final Admission To The Institution
- Following the counselling procedure as adopted by CCB, the allotment letter is handed over to the successful candidate, and the candidate is instructed to report to the respective NIT within a specified date.