Centre of Training and Placement
Centre of Training and Placement (CTP) of National Institute of Technology (erstwhile Regional Engineering College), Jalandhar started functioning in the year 1990.
The Centre is involved in three specific areas:-
- Placement of outgoing Graduates
- Industrial Practical Training of students during the four-year B.Tech. Programme.
- Industry Institute Partnership activities.
The overall annual placement level achieved during the last few years has been 60% to 90% ( for some disciplines, it being 100%).
During the last few years, three projects have been sanctioned & completed by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, and All India Council of Technical Education.
The CTP has been instrumental in signing MOUs with Confederation of Indian Industry, AMDOCS Cyprus and Jayshree Textiles, Calcutta.
Industrial Practical Training of Students
Students of all B Tech disciplines are required to undergo industrial Practical Training after the 6th semester of B Tech Programme. The centre helps the students in arranging their training in the industry.
Placement of Final year Students
Campus Interviews are arranged for the final year B.Tech/ M.Tech/ M.Sc. students. A large number of reputed Industrial houses in the country visit the Institution and select the final year students are Engineers/ Management Trainees. Some of the Companies invite the students to their Corporate Offices for the interviews.
Percentage Placement during the last five years (2007 to 2011)
The highest pay package offered to the B Tech students (Batch 2005-2011) has been Rs. 7.2 lacks per annum by National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
Corporate houses which visited the Institute for Campus Recruitment for 2007 – 2011 Batch
In addition to the above-mentioned activities, the CTP arranges expert lectures of Corporate Managers in both Technical and HRD streams for the students and faculty of the Institute. Various Workshops, Symposia and Seminars maintaining a directory of Industries, information regarding latest technological developments, research and development Centres, etc.
The CTP has been sanctioned the following Projects till date:
- Industry Institute Partnership Project
- Raw Material Evaluation for Development and Quality Control
- Quality management in Small & Medium Enterprises sanctioned by MHRD
- Technology gap study for select sports goods sanctioned by TIFAC, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs)
The Centre of Training & Placement has been Instrumental in signing of MOUs between NIT Jalandhar and the following organizations :
- Infosys Technologies
- Central Scientific Instruments Organization
- Forest Research Institute
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Confederation of Indian Industry
Placement Details : Check the link for placement details