– For admission to any of the National Institute of Technology, candidate needs to apply only to the National Institute of Technology assigned to the state or Union Territory in which the school or college from where he/she has passed the qualifying examination, is located. He/she will be eligible for admission to NIT Patna, subject to the following conditions::
- He/she should not be more than 23 years old as on August 1st of the same year (26 years for scheduled caste /tribe candidate, foreign student, ward of India-based staff posted abroad).
- He should have passed the 10+2, Higher Secondary Examination or its equivalent, with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- Every candidate will have to qualify in the AIEEE Examination.
– Application forms for the admission to NIT Patna, and other NITs located in different parts of India, are distributed only among the candidates enlisted in the merit list of AIEEE.
– The NIT assigned to the state or union territory will select candidates from other states or union territories other than Andaman & Nicobar Islands on the basis of merit in accordance with their admission procedure and criterion.
Candidates selected for admission at NIT Patna for B. Tech/ B. Arch Program are required to Report with following:
- Filled in Institute’s Admission Form downloadable from Institute Website.
- Original Certificates and Documents for verification as stated below.
- The original certificates except AIEEE admit Card & Rank card, CCB Allotment letter and CCB Deposit Receipt, other documents shall be returned after verification.
- Original Fee deposit receipt of CCD for adjustment against Institution Tuition fee and Development fee payable for a year.
- Balance Tuition Fee for one year, Development fee and Admission processing Fee of Rs. 500/- in the form of bank Draft in favour of “National Institute of Technology Patna” Payable at Patna.
List of Original Certificates/ Documents/ Fee are required to be produced before Admission Committee at the time of Reporting/ Admission
- CCB Allotment Letter
- AIR Rank Card, AIEEE 2008
- Admit Card, AIEEE 2008
- Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof of date of birth
- Marks Sheet of Qualifying Examination
- Passing Certificate of Qualifying Examination
- Passport of the Candidates who have Passed qualifying examination from outside India
- Proof of place of examination centre of the final examination from the National Open School for candidates having Senior Secondary Certificate
- Transfer Certificate of the last Institute attended (May be submitted while registering for the Program)
- Certificate/ Affidavit with respect to Gap Year(s)
- Four Color identical Photographs to the one Pasted on the application form
- Certificate of Category (OBC/ SC / ST/ PH), if applicable, Issued by the competent authority (Annexure II)
- Income certificate for OBC candidates stating the candidate do not belong to Creamy Layer as per directive of the MHRD
- Certificate for Physically handicapped (Annexure III)
- Demand Draft of Balance tuition fee and Development fee in favour of “National Institute of technology Patna” Payable at Patna (for all Category candidates)
- Please Enclose two set of Self attested Photocopies of all above documents.