How to Reach?
National Institute of Technology, Puducherry (NITPY) is situated in Karaikal. NITPY is located on the National Highway NH45, at about 50 kms from Chidambaram towards south. The nearest domestic airport to our college is Puducherry Airport. The nearest International airport is Trichy International Airport. Bus Routes from Puducherry and Chennai pass through the College to reach Karaikal.
Distance from Popular Sources
|From Puducherry Domestic Airport:||135 KM|
|From Chennai International Airport:||290 KM|
|From Trichy International Airport:||162 KM|
|From Chennai Egmore railway Station:||330 KM|
|From Trichy Junction Railway Station:||160 KM|
Travel time and Distance From nearby cities
|By Bus||By Train|
|From Chennai: 7 hrs||From Chennai: 9 hrs|
|From Trichy: 4 hrs||From Trichy: 3 hrs 50 mins|
|From Puducherry: 3 hrs 30 mins||—-|
Reaching NITPY from nearby places
From Karaikal Railway Station
- An auto can be hired for a fare of minimum Rs.100/- to directly reach the NITPY Campus.
- A share auto can be taken with a fare of Rs.5/- to reach Karaikal Bus Stand.
- A bus can be boarded for a very nominal fare of Rs.5/- to reach Karaikal Bus Stand.
From Karaikal Bus Stand
- An auto can be hired for a fare of minimum Rs.40/- to directly reach the NITPY Campus.
- A Share Auto is available frequently and can be taken with a fare of Rs.5/- to reach the Campus.
- A bus can be boarded for a very nominal fare of Rs.5/- to reach NITPY Campus.