The Department of Training and Placement, the marketing division of the institute has these following functions and responsibilities:
- Nurtures Student-Corporate interaction, by the means of frequent industrial visits, practical and effective training and projects of industrial relevance for the students, with the intention to cease down the hiatus that exists between an industry and the classroom.
- A feedback mechanism circulates which relates to curriculum improvement from the visiting companies to the administration (faculty), to ensure that the curriculum does not miss out on the latest industrial trends.
- Assists students to define their career interest through expert counseling. Availability of updated database and job profile of the companies helps each student to analyze and choose one’s desired company.
- Provides continuing and useful education for the college employees as well.
- Organizes and coordinates Campus Placement Program, to fulfill its commitment of ‘ job to every aspirant’.
- A proper arrangement for summer practical training for all pre-final year B.Tech. Students are an important function of our department.
Placement Report For 2008 Batch:
Placement Report For 2009 Batch:
Placement Report For 2010 Batch:
Placement Report For 2011 Batch:
- The placement office commences its process by sending placement invitation to the companies enclosing a brief summary of the academic curriculum available at NIT Raipur.
- Also attached is the Job Response Form (JRF) required to be filled in by the company as a confirmation. This completed form comprising a brief company profile is to be sent to the placement office by the recruiting firm.
- The company has a choice of visiting the campus for a Pre-Placement Talk either before the selection processes or along with the final recruitment.
- On receipt of confirmation and JRF, the placement office announces the requirements of the company, thereby allowing interested students to submit their resumes, which are then submitted to the company during the recruitment procedure.
- The company shortlists the candidate from the application pool and then sends the same to the Placement Office at the earliest.
- A mutual date for the selection processes is finalized which suits the company as well as the college.
- The company is required to present the final list of students as soon as possible (preferably on the same day), after completion of the selection process.
- The offer letters need to be sent to the Placement Office which is then handed over to the students. Acceptances of the offer (provided by the students) is received and sent to the company by the Placement Office.