Established in 1967, NIT Silchar is recognized nationwide as one of the leaders in the fields of engineering and research. Our mission is to create an ambience in which new ideas and creativity flourish in abundance.
The motto of NIT Silchar is to produce quality manpower equipped with such human and social values required to integrate excellent technical skill, social character, leadership, creativity and renovation for the benefit of mankind and sustainable benefit of India and to promote research in emerging disciplines.
The dynamic and constantly evolving academic program reflects the institute’s commitment to stay in tune with the expanding frontiers of knowledge worldwide.
- Invitation is sent to the company for being a part of the NIT Silchar placement process.
On obtaining the organization’s intent to participate in the placement process, the T   P will send a Job Notification Form (JNF) to the company via e-mail. The same can also be downloaded from the website.
- The company needs to complete the Job Notification Form (JNF) to communicate the possibilities offered to the candidate.
- The Dates for the campus interview are allotted by T   P on the basis of information provided in the JNF.
- The dates are allotted on the basis of:
- Students’ ranking of the company
- Compensation package
- Career prospects
- Student Intake
- The company visits the campus on the mutually agreed date and conducts aptitude / technical tests / personal interviews / group discussions as part of their preferred selection procedure.
- John Deere
- Tata Motors
- Punj Lloyd
- Shapoorji Pallonji
- Indian Oil
- Power Grid