Normally the placements in NITK commence in the beginning of the final year (Pre-final Semester) i.e. in the month of July. Prior to this, an invitation is sent to all previous recruiters in the month of May. Along with the invitation a form is provided seeking the company profile & information. After getting the willingness from the companies, they are prioritized and a schedule is prepared. The date of visit is intimated to the companies in June. On the allotted day the company visits the campus, makes pre-placement talk, conducts tests and interviews and selects the candidates.
The statistics of placements in UG programme –
- Invitation is sent to the company for being a part of the NIT Surathkal placement process.
On obtaining the organization’s intent to participate in the placement process, the T   P will send a Job Notification Form (JNF) to the company via e-mail. The same can also be downloaded from the website.
- The company needs to complete the Job Notification Form (JNF) to communicate the possibilities offered to the candidate.
- The Dates for the campus interview are allotted by T   P on the basis of information provided in the JNF.
- The dates are allotted on the basis of:
- Students’ ranking of the company
- Compensation package
- Career prospects
- Student Intake
- The company visits the campus on the mutually agreed date and conducts aptitude / technical tests / personal interviews / group discussions as part of their preferred selection procedure.
- MCAFEE SOFTWARE
- LG ELECTRONICS
- PHILIPS ELECTRONICS INDIA LTD
- HEWLETT PACKARD
- JOHN DEERE
- NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS (R D)
- MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA LTD
- MIDMAC CONTRACTING CO. W.L.L.
- GOLDMAN SACHS SERVICES PVT. LTD.
- MICHELIN INDIA TAMILNADU TYRES PVT. LTD.
- ASHOK LEYLAND
- INTEL INDIA TECHNOLOGY PRIVATE LIMITED
- TATA MOTORS
- MARUTI SUZUKI
- COAL INDIA LIMITED
- INFOSYS TECHNOLOGIES LTD.
- HP GLOBAL SOFT LIMITED
- HERO HONDA MOTORS LTD
- SAMSUNG INDIA SOFTWARE
- ACCENTURE INDIA
- IBM INDIA LTD
- GAMMON INDIA
- BANK OF AMERICA
- NOKIA INDIA