Rajasthan University is a State University located in the city of Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. It was established on January 08, 1947. The University of Rajasthan offers various Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Diploma, PG Diploma, Certificate and Add-On (Vocational) Programmes. Rajasthan University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). There are a total of 09 faculties, 34 teaching departments and 22 Research Centers. There are 257 colleges affiliated by the Rajasthan University and seven constituent colleges of the University. Check out the page for Rajasthan University.
The university is the oldest institution of higher learning in Rajasthan state. Have a quick look at Rajasthan University from the table given below:
|Established||8 Jan 1947|
|Location||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Courses||UG, PG, diploma, PG Diploma, Certificate and Add-On Programmes|
Rajasthan University Admission Process
Admission in Rajasthan University is based on the merit of the qualifying examination and for PG courses, it is based on the marks obtained in the Entrance examination. Application forms are available online at the official website. Interested students need to submit the application form on or before the last date. For PG courses, admission test, i.e, URATPG test shall be conducted.
Rajasthan University Faculties
Rajasthan University has following nine faculties under the University Teaching Departments. The list of these faculties is given below.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Science
Rajasthan University Departments
The University has 34 teaching departments under the faculty of Arts, Commerce, Education, Engineering and Technology, Fine Arts, Law, Management, Science and Social Science. The list for the same is given below.
|Name of the Faculty||Name of the Departments|
|Faculty of Arts||Department of English|
Department of ELLCS
Department of Hindi
Department of Philosophy
Department of Sanskrit
Department of Urdu & Persian
Centre for European Studies
Centre for Jain Studies
|Faculty of Commerce||Department of ABST|
Department of Bus. Admn.
Department of EAFM
Centre for Entrepreneurship
|Faculty of Education||Department of Education|
Department of Library & Inf. Sc.
Department of Physical Edu.
Department of Life Long Learning
|Faculty of Engineering and Technology||Center for Converging Technologies|
University Innovation Cluster
|Faculty of Fine Arts||Department of Dramatics|
Department of Drawing and Painting
Department of Music
Department of Visual Arts
|Faculty of Law||Law|
|Faculty of Management||R.A. Podar Institute of Mgmt.|
|Faculty of Science||Department of Botany|
Department of Chemistry
Department of Geography
Department of Geology
Department of Home Science
Department of Mathematics
Department of Physics
Department of Psychology
Department of Statistics
Department of Zoology
UCCS & IT
|Faculty of Social Science||Department of Anthropology|
Department of Economics
Department of History & Indian Culture
Department of Political Science
Department of Public Admn.
Department of Sociology
Department of Museology & Conser.
Centre of Ambedkar Studies
Centre of Gandhian Studies
Centre of Mass Comm.
Centre of Rajasthan Studies
Centre of Women Studies
Centre of South Asia Study
Rajasthan University Courses Offered
Rajasthan University offers various Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Diploma, PG Diploma, Certificate and Add-On (Vocational) Programmes. The list of these courses offered is given below in the following table.
|Programme Name||Courses Offered|
|Under Graduate||B.A. (Hons.)|
B.A.,LL.B. (Hons.) Five Year Integrated Course
B.Sc. (Home Science)
B. Lib. (Library & Information Science)
B.P.Ed (Physical Education)
B.V.A. (Visual Arts Applied)
B.V.A. (Visual Arts Painting)
B.V.A. (Visual Arts Sculpture)
Cost Control & Accounts
Drawing & Painting
Financial Analysis & Control
Human Resource Management
Journalism & Mass Communication
Library & Information Science
LL.M. (Human Rights & Value Education)
Museology & Conservation
Master of Performing Arts Vocal/Instr.
Public Relations & Advertising
Rajasthani Language, Literature & Culture
Urdu & Persian
|PG Diploma||Banking & Finance|
Cost & Works Accountancy
Development and Investment Banking
Financial Analysis & Control
Management of Small Scale and Agro Industries
Project Planning & Infrastructure Management
Tax Practice (ABST)
Jain Darshan & Sanskriti
Communicative Skills in English
Rajasthan University Fee Structure
Rajasthan University has different fee structure for various courses. Check out the complete detail about the Rajasthan University fee structure from the following pdf.
Rajasthan University Affiliated Colleges
Rajasthan University has a total of 257 affiliated colleges. Check out the list of these affiliated colleges for the session 2018-19 in the following pdf.
Rajasthan University Constituent Colleges
The University of Rajasthan also has following seven constituent colleges. The list of these constituent colleges is given below.
- University Commerce College
- University Five Year Law College
- University Law College
- University Law College II
- University Maharaja College
- University Maharani College
- University Rajasthan College
Rajasthan University Facilities
The University provides various facilities for the students, staffs and guests. The list for the same is given below.
- Central Library – The Central library is located near the main gate of the University. It has a seating capacity of about 400 students. It has more than 4.7 lac books and bound periodicals etc.
- Sports Complex – The University has a modern Sports Complex. It has also a swimming pool, which has been a venue of many National Swimming Meets. The University has always accorded a high priority to games and sports. Facilities for all major indoor and outdoor games are available at the Constituent Colleges as well.
- Health Centre – The University provides Allopathic, Ayurvedic, and Homeopathic facilities at its Health Centre. Medicines are provided free of cost. Health checkups are arranged from time to time. Blood donation camps are also organized. Consultation is also available to the outsiders.
- Student Advisory Bureau – A Students Advisory Bureau exists since 1962 with the motto: We do not believe in framing the future for next-generation, rather we wish to frame the next generation for the future.
- Hostels & Residences – Residential accommodation is provided to the teachers and the Students. The university has 18 hostels, 10 for boys, 8 for girls. The University is going to construct two hostels one for SC girls and other for SC boys with 45% assistance from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment with a cost of Rs. 5 crores. Besides hostels, there are Teachers Hostel, Working Women Hostel and faculty residences located at the main campus.
- Students Welfare – To stimulate and coordinate various activities of the students the Dean of Students Welfare is provided grants and facilities. The Dean, Students Welfare, is also Advisor of International Students.
- Academic Staff College – The University has also an Academic Staff College which was set-up by the UGC in 1988 for the overall development of the young university and college teachers. The ASC organizes Refresher and Orientation Programmes.
- Service and Instrumentation Centre – University Service and Instrumentation Centre is also functioning. The Centre has an adequate workshop under its control with facilities for mechanical (Lathe machines, Milling Machines etc.), glass blowing, electronics, welding, and gas filling shops and analytical instrument sections.
- Infonet Centre – The University has established a UGC Infonet Centre which coordinates all the activity of UGC Infonet Project at University of Rajasthan end. The centre will further distribute and maintain the internet connectivity over Campus Wide Area Network making it available to constituent colleges, teaching departments, research Centres, and administrative units. The Centre maintains and hosts University Website and Mail-server. The Centre will also coordinate and maintain Intranet of University when it comes up.
- University Printing Press – The University has a Press. It looks after the publication needs of the university. It is being modernized with assistance from UGC during the tenth plan.
- Guest House – The Guest House of the university is well maintained. It is the pride of the University. Recently it has been expanded with seven additional rooms.
- Administrative Service Pre-Entry Training Centre (APTC) – The Centre was set up by the University in 1978 and its given the status of an Independent Centre in 1999. At present, the centre is running in an independent building close to the University Nursery. The Centre has been organizing several pre-entry training courses for Indian Civil Services and Rajasthan Administrative and Subordinate Services for the last 35 years on Self Financing basis.
Rajasthan University Contact Details
Name: Rajasthan University
Location: JLN Marg, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India – 302004
Phone No.: 2256631
Official Website: uniraj.ac.in