Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya – Established in the year 1998, by Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha Act 13, 1998. Over a sprawling Campus of about 247 acres, the Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya is marching towards development into a centre of excellence in the arena of Technical Education, Research and Innovations. Under its umbrella, there are 05 UTD’s, 217 affiliated Engineering Colleges, 95 Pharmacy Colleges, 88 MCA Colleges and 04 Architecture Colleges imparting Graduate level instructions running around 17 undergraduate level courses, 85 Polytechnic institutions offering diploma courses in emerging and conventional disciplines. Situated amidst an aesthetic and hilly surrounding, the University is now offering Ph Ds and 11 posts.
Rajiv Gandhi Technical University is truly a picture of modernization. With an extensive presence on the internet, Rajiv Gandhi Technical University has courses which can suit anyone. Courses offered Rajiv Gandhi Technical University offers undergraduate and postgraduate full time and online courses. They specialize in fields like Management, Forensic Science, Fashion, Engineering, Space Sciences, Social Work, Nanotechnology, Communication and Pharmacy. Facilities The University has provided air-conditioned amphitheatre style classrooms. The Library of Rajiv Gandhi Technical University is equipped with books, periodicals, national and international journals, CD-ROMS, covering all aspects of academic studies and research material.
The main thrust of RGPV for next five year is on strategic interventions in four main areas i.e.
- Enhance opportunities for postgraduate education and research in areas of high relevance to nations science and technology capabilities.
- Promote the use of IT in technical education through promotion of e-Learning and web-enabled teaching processes.
- Transforming the university into a knowledge enterprise through its focus on research and development, industrial consultancy and by establishing efficient and
effective mechanisms for managing innovations.
RGTU Course offered
THE VARIOUS UG COURSES BEING OFFERED ARE:
|BE-Civil Engineering||BE-Computer Science & Engineering|
|BE-Electrical & Electronics Engineering||BE-Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|BE-Environmental Engg.||BE-Industrial Production|
|BE-Information Technology||BE-Mechanical Engineering|
PG COURSES OFFERED
|M.E.-Computer Science & Engg.||M.E.-Digital Communication|
|M.E.-Heat Power Engg.||M.E.-Power Systems|
|M.E.-Structural Engg.||M.Tech.-Computer Tech. & Application|
CURRENT RESEARCH INTEREST
- Power Sector Reforms
- Energy Conservation & Audit
- IC Engine & Air pollution, Robotics
- Trenchless Technology, NDT, Design of pressurized concrete structures.
The various department of UIT is equipped with the state of Art computer centers, Departmental libraries and Labs for Teaching Research and innovations. Some of these are:
- Electrical Drives Lab
- Power System missiorotection
- Instrumentation and Measurement
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) & CAD Lab
- Advanced Chemistry & Physics Labs
- Computer Controlled CI engine
- Non-CFC refrigerant Testing Ring
- Environmental Lab
- Hydraulic Lab & Geotech Engineering labs.