Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) was established in the 1999. It is located in Katra, Jammu & Kashmir, India. SMVDU offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Integrated and Ph.D. programs. There are a total of four faculties in the University. The University also offers 16 University Schools or Departments under the faculty of Engineering, Sciences, Management and Humanities and Social Sciences. Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University provides various facilities like hostels, guest house, health care, training and placement cell, bank, atm facility, etc. Check out the page for Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU).
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU)
Have a quick look at the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) from the table given below:
|Name||Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University|
|Location||Katra, Jammu and Kashmir, India|
|Courses||UG, PG, Integrated and Ph.D. programs|
SMVDU Admission Process
The admission in Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University is based on marks obtained in the SMVDUEE (Entrance Test) conducted by the University. For B.Tech, admission is based on All India Rank in JEE. For MBA, the selection is based on merit of National Level entrance examinations; CAT/MAT/CMAT followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
For other study programs, the selection is based on the merit of qualifying exam & University entrance test followed by Personal Interview. The application forms are made available online at the official website. Interested students are advised to fill and submit the application form along with application fee on or before the last date. No applications shall be accepted thereafter under any circumstances.
SMVDU Academic Calendar
The University provides the academic calendar for both odd and even semesters. Check out the following pdf to know the academic calendar for the academic session 2019-2020.
SMVDU offers following 16 University Schools under the faculty of Engineering, Sciences, Management and Humanities and Social Sciences. Check out the list of these University schools from the following.
|Name of the Faculty||Name of the School|
|Faculty of Engineering||School of Computer Science & Engineering|
School of Electronics & Communication Engineering
School of Mechanical Engineering
School of Biotechnology
School of Energy Management
School of Architecture & Landscape Design
School of Civil Engineering
School of Electrical Engineering
School of Food Technology
|Faculty of Sciences||School of Mathematics|
School of Physics
School of Biotechnology
|Faculty of Management||School of Business|
School of Economics
|Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences||School of Philosophy & Culture|
School of Languages & Literature
SMVDU Courses Offered
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Integrated and Ph.D. programs under various campus schools. Check out the list of these courses offered by the University from the following.
|Name of the School||Courses Offered|
|School of Mechanical Engineering||B. Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)|
M. Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)
|School of Electronics & Communication Engineering||B. Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engg.)|
M. Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engg.)
|School of Computer Science & Engineering||B. Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)|
M. Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)
Master of Computer Applications
|School of Biotechnology||B. Tech. (Industrial Biotechnology)|
|School of Architecture & Landscape Design||B.Arch.|
|School of Energy Management||M.Tech.(Renewable Energy)|
|School of Civil Engineering||Bachelor of Technology- Civil Engineering|
|School of Electrical Engineering||Bachelor of Technology- Electrical Engineering|
|School of Food Technology||—–|
|School of Biotechnology||M.Sc. (Biotechnology)|
|School of Mathematics||M. Sc. (Mathematics)|
|School of Physics||M.Sc. (Physics)|
|School of Philosophy & Culture||M. A. (Philosophy and Culture)|
|School of Languages and Literature||M.A. English|
|School of Business||MBA (Marketing, HRM, Business Analytics, Finance)|
|School of Economics||Five year integrated M.Sc. (Economics)|
SMVDU Fee Structure
SMVDU provides the fee structure for various courses. Check out the fee structure for various academic programs of the University for the students admitted in the Academic session 2020-2021.
SMVDU Training and Placement Cell
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University has established a full-fledged Training & Placement Cell consisting of Student Coordinators, Faculty coordinators, and staff members. The Training & Placement Cell assists in Campus Placements for the graduating students at SMVDU. Training & Placement Officials and the Volunteers provide possible assistance to the recruiters for Pre-placement Discussions, conducting Tests & Interviews and Hospitality of the Campus hiring Team. The Hospitality and the functioning of the Placement Cell at SMVDU is applauded and well received by the visiting recruiters every year. The link to check the complete details regarding the Training and Placement Cell is mentioned below.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Yes Bank
- Coca Cola, etc.
Training & Placement Cell: Click Here to check the complete details regarding the Training & Placement Cell.
The University provides various facilities for the students, staff, faculties and guests. Check out the list of these facilities from the following.
- Transportation – The public transport facilities are available in the form of min-bus which plies on the Domel-Katra route. All buses stop in front of the university gate and are available every hour. The University has also organized its bus facility for students from Campus to Domel and back on specific times during the weekdays and the weekends for the convenience of the students. A special bus facility from Campus to Jammu and back is available on every Saturday for the convenience of Faculty & Staff members and their families.
- Power and Water Supply – Looking at the overall erratic power supply in this part of the country, the university, from the very beginning, decided to have an exclusive 33KV substation on the campus to ensure uninterrupted power supply to all the parts of the campus, deriving input directly from the Jajharkotli grid. As the result of this, there is no shortage or curtailment of the power on the campus, a great advantage for the fully residential University.
- Catering Facility – The catering services for the students, faculty, and staff have been outsourced and are being rendered by contractors in the boy’s and girl’s hostels thereby reducing the management related issues for the university.
- Telephone Exchange – The mobile cell tower is also located within the campus. With the help of BSNL, Udhampur, the University has its digital telephone exchange and a mobile tower on the campus.
- Medical Aid Centre – Good Health Care facilities are mandatory for any residential university. Medical Aid Centre is providing services to all the employees and students of the University. Independent premises for Medical Aid Centre with better facilities is in place.
- Guest House – The university has a guest house on campus with 15 well-appointed rooms and 4 suites to accommodate guests of the university, guests of the Faculty, Staff & the students. All the rooms are air-conditioned, have wall to wall carpeting & Satellite dish Connection to the Television. Mess facility with food made to order is also available in the Guest House.
- Bank, ATM Facility – The J& K Bank and Oriental Bank of Commerce have a branch each on the campus that caters to the students, staff, and faculty members of the university. The J& K bank has the facility of an ATM. The facility of electronic transfer of funds exists with these banks. Each student of the University is required to have a Bank Account with any one of these banks which is utilized for the student’s finance as well as any refunds from the university.
- Post office – The postal department has opened a post-office for the use of the residents of the university on the campus itself. The post-office has all standard facilities including Money order, Speed Post, Registered Post, etc.
- Schools for Children – The well known Delhi Public School (D. P. S.) has opened a school in the university campus for the children of the faculty and staff members staying on campus. The school is also open to people from the neighboring locality and the holy town of Katra.
- Matrika Auditorium – Centrally air-conditioned state of the art auditorium of the University “Matrika” is a state-of-art architecture marvel. The foundation of the auditorium was laid on February 6, 2006, which is the finest in the state and country, in barely three years of existence as a University.
- Shopping Complexes – The Main Shopping Complex, close to the Medical Center consists of 10 shops that cater to virtually all the requirements of the residents of the university including students, staff and faculty members. These shops include two Grocery cum General stores having all modern amenities, Sweet Shop, Snacks Shop, Barber Shop, SMVDU Gas Agency, Amul Outlet, Chemist Shop, etc. Stationery Shop is located close to the Boy’s Hostel.
SMVDU Contact Details
Name: Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University
Location: Sub-Post Office, Katra, Jammu and Kashmir, India – 182320
Phone No.: 01991- 285524
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website: www.smvdu.ac.in