- The academic year of 2010-11 was encouraging for placements. So far, our placement records were encouraging. For the last few years, our total placements were above 400. We were creating records of total placement.
- A very encouraging and satisfying fact has been that the companies that have visited the campus so far consist of an eclectic mix of software and core companies, thus catering to every need of the students as well as the industry.
- We could not have Zero Phase Placements for the last couple of years, because no company was ready to visit campus for placements.
- The Training & Placement (T&P) Committee constitutes of final year student representative from all disciplines of B.Tech., M.Tech. and M.Sc. (who are selected by students themselves). The T&P Committee Members are selected in the month of February or March, when they are in their pre-final year. They work along with the final year students in the even semester to become familiar with the process and also equip themselves with the requisite skills and culture.
- It has been absolute pleasure and privilege for us to be in a core group of students, as T&P Committee, and be the first hand witnesses to a breathtaking year in terms of campus placement in the Institute. What began with a little bit of anxiety and apprehension and a lot of hope, has turned out be a celebration, with companies falling over each other to recruit the students and most students acquiring their “Dream Jobs”.
- The instructions we received from our Professor, Training & Placement (T&P), Dr. D. B. Naik were immaculate and it was on his directions and guidance were we able to effectively work with the students. The magnitude of work put into the placement activities by Dr. D. B. Naik, Sir has been immense. His dedication, work ethos and commitment toward every minute detail of things were a source of inspiration for us and were a huge learning experience. With the constant support of Mr. Pradip Patel, whose dedication to the work is commendable in true terms, he has effectively taken our placement records over the years to new heights. And he still announces the results of every company at the end of the day, with the same chirp and enthusiasm.
- We cannot also forget the endless sessions of discussions we had in the confines of Training & Placement Section (T&P), sipping the Chai (Tea) served by Mr. Shailesh Patel, and mulling over action plans towards every visiting company. Neither can we forget the 8-10 hours of non-stop work we had to put in a day, when the mass recruiting companies used to visit. Or the day when one of us spent three hours to bring the dignitaries from the station to college, only to be notified that he has been selected for interview that begins in 15 minutes ! Or the days when two companies used to visit the campus on a day stretching us to the limit, or when one of us had to simultaneously appear in and coordinate the Group Discussion (GD) with remarkable efficiency ! We also remember the gentle raps we got for our little goof ups !
- All of it has been more than worth its salt, for the sheer joy we shared with our friends and peers when they got placed, there was a priceless sense of satisfaction in playing a minor role in it all. From night-outs of preparation (so to say!) of written exams, to the struggle with life’s first tie-knot, the Group Discussions (GDs) and Personal Interviews (PIs), to the sweet success at the end of it and the night’s treat at the. Sugar n Spice Restaurant, it has been a journey of a lifetime.
- For all this, we cannot provide enough thanks to the college authorities, our Director Dr. P. D. Porey and all our faculties for being a constant source of guidance and support. We are confident that the placement record for this year and the coming years will be even more staggering. It will just affirm the fact that SVNIT, Surat (Gujarat) is one of the best engineering Institutes of the country and the global companies are waking up to it.
- We are extremely happy with the kind of support and encouragement received from our respected Director, Dr. P. D. Porey, Sir and Registrar, Shri H.A. Parmar, Sir.