A. Environmental Awareness:
- Objective : To test sensitivity and understanding of the events, trends and issues in the economic, market, technological, politico-legal, socio-cultural and ecological sectors both in the Indian as well as the global contexts.
- Contents : Features of Indian Economy, National Income & Distribution, Macro-Economic phenomenae and its indicators, Corporate facts, figures and managerial issues of Public and Private sectors; Capital and Money markets; Fiscal, Monetary, Trade and Industrial Policies; Economic Reforms.
Agriculture in India; Features, Land Reforms, Green Revolution, Agricultural Price Policy. Other significant events, trends and issues in politico-legal market, technological and social cultural environmental sectors.
B. Quantitative and Numerical Aptitude :
- Objective : To test logical and deductive thinking and ability to take decisions by applying quantitative tools and techniques with requisite speed and accuracy.
- Contents : Arithmetic, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration and Algebra – set theory, function, Statistics and Operation Research – Maxima, Minima, linear programming etc.
C. English Comprehension and Written Communication Skills:
- Objective : To test ability to read comprehensively and verbally communicate his / her ideas correctly in a professional manner in the work context.
- Contents : Reading comprehension of assorted passages; correct understanding of paragraphs, sentences and words; Ability to use parts of speech correctly and in proper structures; Familiarity with English grammar and conventions; Vocabulary testing – Etymology, synonym, antonym, homonym etc. active and passive voice, direct and indirect speech, sentence completion tests; syntax and ability to convert sentences and express ideas through different structures.
D. Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning :
- Objective : To test logical skills of the candidate for decision taking / making i.e. the skill to understand, assess and infer in a logical manner as well as the ability to represent data graphically and draw meanings from a given set of raw data / table etc.
- Contents : Verbal reasoning, verbal analogy, letter series, number series, picture series, coding, decoding words and pictures association tests, set theory – union and intersection, frequency and class intervals, cumulative frequencies and various types of graphical diagrams.