The Central University of Karnataka (CUK) was established in 2009 at Kalaburagi, Karnataka, India. It is one of the 16 new Central Universities established by the Government of India. CUK offers various programs like – Integrated Programs (BA and MA, B.Sc. and M.Sc., B.Tech. and M.Tech.), Standalone program (BBA), Masters Degree Programs, M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs. The University offers the programs in following five different areas – Arts, Humanities, Management, Sciences, and Engineering. Check out the page for the Central University of Karnataka (CUK).
Central University of Karnataka (CUK)
Currently, CUK is running 16 Departments spread in 11 Schools and 3 Centre, and offering 9 Dual degree programs, 15 Master degree programs, 16 Research (Ph.D.) programs. The main objective of the Central University of Karnataka (CUK) is integrating the components of Teaching, Research, Innovation, Training and Skill Development (TRI-TSD) with an aspiration to excel in a dual degree, postgraduate and doctoral programs. Have a quick look at the Central University of Karnataka from the table mentioned below.
|Name||Central University of Karnataka|
|Location||Kalaburagi, Karnataka, India|
|Course Offered||Integrated, Standalone, Masters Degree and Ph.D. programs|
- Time Table
- Admit Card
CUK Admission Process
The Central University of Karnataka will take admission in various programs of study through Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET). CUCET is a national level test which is conducted every year in the month of May-June. It is jointly organized by 9 universities, Rajasthan University is the conducting body of CUCET. The application form for admission is available online on the official website. Interested candidates are advised to fill the form in the prescribed format and submit it along with the requisite fees on or before the last date. No applications shall be accepted thereafter under any circumstances.
CUK Academic Calendar
CUK provides an academic calendar for both Odd and Even Semester for every year. Check out the following to know the academic calendar for odd and even semester for the academic year 2020-21.
CUK Schools and Departments
There are 11 Schools that offer various different departments and these departments are Business, Commerce, Economics, Chemistry, MCA, Geography, Geology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, English, Hindi, Kannada, Linguistics, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, Social work, History. Check out the same from the following table.
Schools and Departments
|Schools||Departments under the Schools|
|School of Business Studies||
|School of Chemical Sciences||Department of Chemistry|
|School of Computer Science||Department of MCA|
|School of Earth Sciences||
|School of Engineering||
|School of Humanities and Engineering||
|School of Physical Sciences||
|School of Social and Behavioral Sciences||
|School of Life Sciences||Department of Life Sciences|
|School of Education and Training||–|
|School of Undergraduate Studies||–|
CUK Courses Offered
CUK offers a Master’s Degree, Integrated and Standalone, M.Phil, and Ph.D. programs. Check out the same from the following table.
|Program Name||Courses Offered|
|M.Phil. Program||Psychiatric Social Work|
CUK Fees Structure
CUK provides a different fee structure for various courses offered by the University. Check out the fee structure for various programs for the academic year 2020-21 from the following pdf.
CUK has a total of three Centres. Check out the list from the following.
- Centre for Classical Kannada
- Centre for Endangered Languages
- Centre for Information and Demonstration of Biofuel Production & Research
CUK provides various facilities to the students, faculties, guests. Check the list of facilities provided by the University from the following.
- Campus Security: The safety of the students within the campus is being taken care of by the campus security agency. The security personnel is kept vigilant especially for any inconvenience to the student community.
- Hostel Facility: The University provides two spacious and well-furnished separate hostels for boys and girls. Quality checks in the mess, bakery, and cafeteria will be done on a regular basis. The infrastructure of Mess, Cafe, utensils, and Water requirements will be taken care of as well.
- Computer Centre: The mission of the Computer Center at CUK is to create and maintain an IT environment for the pursuit of academic excellence.
- Sports Activities: The University and students Council organized Students Sport and Cultural Fest (ANKUR) once in a year.
- National Service Scheme (NSS): National Service Scheme provides diversified opportunities to students in colleges and universities to develop their personality through community services.
- Health Care Facility: The University provides all the health care facilities to all the students, faculty members, and non-teaching staff of this University is ensured by the regular senior doctor.
- Bank and Post Office: The university has a dedicated banking facility within the campus provided by Canara Bank, which is operating in an independent building. The bank has opened two ATM centers within the University campus, one near the bank another one near the administration block.
- Central Library: Central Library is one of the important central facilities of the University catering to the information needs of faculty, research scholars, and students in Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Management, Sciences, and Engineering.
CUK Contact Details
Name: Central University of Karnataka
Location: Kadaganchi, Aland Road, Kalaburagi Dist., Karnataka, India – 585 367
Phone No.: 08477-226722 and 08477-226708
Official Website: www.cuk.ac.in