The Central University of Karnataka (CUK) was established by an Act of the Parliament 2009 at Kadaganchi of Aland, Gulbarga, Karnataka, India. It is one of the 16 new Central Universities established by the Government of India. The University offers various programs like – Integrated Programs (BA and MA, B.Sc. and M.Sc., B.Tech. and M.Tech.), Standalone program (BBA), Masters Degree Programs and Research Ph.D. programs. The University offers the programs in following five different areas – Arts, Humanities, Management, Sciences, and Engineering. Currently, the University is running 16 Departments spread in 8 Schools and 1 Centre, and offering 9 Dual degree programs, 15 Master degree programs, 16 Research (Ph.D.) programs. The University has 654 acres campus, situated near Kadaganchi village in the district of Kalaburagi, Karnataka State.
Central University of Karnataka (CUK)
The main objective of the Central University of Karnataka (CUK) is integrating the components of Teaching, Research, Innovation, Training and Skill Development (TRI-TSD) with an aspiration to excel in a dual degree, postgraduate and doctoral programs.
|Name||Central University of Karnataka|
|Location||Gulbarga, Karnataka, India|
|Course Offered||Integrated Programs, Standalone program, Masters Degree Programs, and Research PhD programs|
- Time Table
- Admit Card
Central University of Karnataka (CUK) – Schools and Departments
There are 10 Schools which offers various different departments and these departments are Business, Commerce, Economics, Chemistry, MCA, Geography, Geology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, English, Hindi, Kannada, Linguistics, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, Social work, History.
Schools and Departments
|Schools||Departments under the Schools|
|School of Business Studies||
|School of Chemical Sciences||Department of Chemistry|
|School of Computer Science||Department of MCA|
|School of Earth Sciences||
|School of Engineering||
|School of Humanities and Engineering||
|School of Physical Sciences||
|School of Social and Behavioral Sciences||
|School of Education and Training||–|
|School of Undergraduate Studies||–|
Central University of Karnataka (CUK) – Courses Offered
Integrated Programs :
- English (BA and MA)
- Economics (BA and MA)
- Geography (B.Sc. and M.Sc)
- Geology (B.Sc. and M.Sc.)
- Psychology (B.Sc. and M.Sc.)
- Engineering (B.Tech. and M.Tech.)
- Science (B.Sc. and M.Sc)
Masters Degree Programs:
- MA English
- MA Hindi
- MA Kannada
- MA History
- MA Linguistics
- MA Folkloristic and Tribal Studies
- MA Economics
- M.Sc. Psychology
- M.Sc. Applied Geography and Geoinformatics
- M.Sc. Applied Geology and Geoinformatics
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Sc. Physics and M.Sc. Chemistry
Central University of Karnataka (CUK) Admission Process
The Central University of Haryana Admission will take admission in various programmes of study through Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET) 2019. CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test) is a national level test which is conducted every year in the month of May-June. It is jointly organized by 9 universities, Rajasthan University is the conducting body of CUCET 2019.
Central University of Karnataka (CUK) – Facilities
CUK provides various facilities to the students. Check the list of facilities provided by the University:
- Campus Security: The safety of the students within the campus is being taken care by the campus security agency. The security personnel is kept vigilant especially for any inconvenience to the student community.
- Hostel Facility: The University provides two spacious and well-furnished separate hostels for boys and girls. Quality checks in the mess, bakery, and cafeteria will be done on a regular basis. The infrastructure of Mess, Cafe, utensils, and Water requirements will be taken care of as well.
- Computer Centre: The mission of the Computer Center at CUK is to create and maintain IT environment for the pursuit of academic excellence.
- Sports Activities: The University and students Council organized Students Sport and Cultural Fest (ANKUR) once in a year.
- National Service Scheme (NSS): National Service Scheme provides diversified opportunities to students in colleges and Universities to develop their personality through community services.
- Health Care Facility: The University provides all the health care facilities to all the students, faculty members and non-teaching staff of this University is ensured by the regular senior doctor.
- Bank and Post Office: The university has dedicated banking facility within the campus provided by Canara Bank, which is operating in an independent building. The bank has opened two ATM centres within the University campus, one near the bank another one near the administration block.
- Central Library: Central Library is one of the important central facilities of the University catering to the information needs of faculty, research scholars and students in Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Management, Sciences and Engineering.
Central University of Karnataka (CUK) Fees Structure
Central University of Karnataka (CUK) Contact Details
Name: Central University of Karnataka
Address: Kadaganchi, Aland Road, Kalaburagi Dist. – 585 367.
Name: Prof. Mushtaq Ahmed I Patel
Email ID: [email protected]
Tel: 08477-226722 and 08477-226708
- Controller of Exams:
Name: Prof. B.R. Kerur
Email ID: [email protected]
- Assistant Registrar:
Name: Shri. Rabindranath Pandit
Email ID: [email protected]
Official Website: www.cuk.ac.in