Delhi Technological University (DTU), formerly Delhi College of Engineering, was established in the year 1941. It is located in Rohini, New Delhi, India. DTU offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Ph.D. programs under various disciplines. The University also offers 14 teaching departments and has the school of Management & Enterpreneurship. There is a multidisciplinary center for Geoinformatics. Check out the page for Delhi Technological University (DTU).
Delhi Technological University (DTU)
In 1952, the college was affiliated with University of Delhi and started formal Degree level Programmes. The transformation of DCE into a technological University offers a unique opportunity to create an environment of synergetic partnership between academia and industry. Have a quick look at Delhi Technological University (DTU) from the table given below:
|Name||Delhi Technological University|
|Location||Shahabad Daulatpur, Rohini, New Delhi, India|
|Courses Offered||Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Ph.D. programmes|
DTU Admission Process
Centralized Counseling for admission to B.Tech., B.A. Hons., M.Tech. and M.Sc. programs in DTU shall be conducted through Joint Admission Counselling (JAC Delhi), Common BBA Admission Committee for BBA programs and Common MBA Admission Committee for MBA programs. The merit list shall be prepared based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examinations. Application forms are made available online on the official website. Interested students are advised to fill and submit the online application form on or before the last date.
DTU Academic Calendar
DTU provides the academic calendar every year for both odd and even semester at the official website. Check out the academic calendar for the academic session 2019-20 from the following.
DTU offers 14 teaching departments for the students. The University also has the school of Management & Enterpreneurship. The list of these teaching departments is given below.
- Department of Applied Chemistry – The department aims to provide state-of-art knowledge and practical skills to the UG and PG students in the diverse subjects of Applied Chemistry, Polymer Science and Chemical Technology. It has academic programs such as M. Tech. (Chemical Technology) and M.Sc. (Chemistry). The department shall also establish the state-of-art Central Instrumentation Facility for R&D and test facilities for polymers products to generate revenue for the university.
- Department of Applied Mathematics – The Department of Applied Mathematics is the pride of DTU. The department aims to impart the sound knowledge of Mathematics, Statistics and Computing to the students through teaching and research. Programs offered are B.Tech. (Mathematics and Computation), M.Sc. (Mathematics) and PhD.
- Department of Applied Physics – Applied Physics Department is a major department of Delhi Technological University providing cutting edge research, innovation and education in the emerging areas of science and technology. The department offers B.Tech. (Engineering Physics), M.Tech. (Nanoscience and Technology), M.Tech. (Microwave and Optical Communication Engineering), M.Sc., M.Tech. and Doctoral programs.
- Department of Biotechnology – Department of Biotechnology was founded in the year 2004. The department offers M.Tech. programs.
- Department of Civil Engineering – The Department is well equipped with laboratories related to Structure, Concrete testing, Soil Mechanics, Highway Engineering, Experimental Stress Analysis, Computational Mechanics, Education Technology, PhotogrammetricAnd GIS facilities, EnvironmentalEngineering and Hydraulics laboratories. The department offers M.Tech. programs.
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering – The department has been offering M.E. degree level Programme in Computer Technology and application since 1996. The department started M.tech in software engineering in 2009 and the M.E. in computer technology and applications has been renamed as M.tech in computer science and engineering. In 2011, the department has started M.tech (software Technology) with an intake of 20.
- Delhi School of Management – Delhi School of Management (DSM) was established in 2009 with Delhi College of Engineering (DCE) acquiring a University status, being officially renamed as Delhi Technological University (DTU) through a legislature passed by the Delhi State Assembly.
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering – The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has seen considerable growth since its inception in 1976. This department offers UG/ PG and Ph. D. programs. Currently, the department has an annual intake of 190 students in the B.Tech program in Electronics and Communication Engineering. The department is also offering B.Tech (Evening) with an intake of 45 students.
- Department of Electrical Engineering – Electrical Engineering Department has grown significantly since its inception in 1941. The department is also offering B.Tech (Evening) with an intake of 46 students.
- Department of Environmental Engineering – The Department of Environmental Engineering at Delhi Technological University (DTU) is a global leader in developing engineering solutions to societal-scale challenges. The department has been offering M.E. (Environmental Engg.) Degree since 1972 and B.E. (Environmental Engg.) Degree since 1998.
- Department of Humanities – The Department of Humanities offers courses in Communication Skill, English ,Economics and Accountancy for engineering and management. From the academic year 2006-07, full-time and part-time Ph.D. programs have been started in the department. Fellowships are also available for full-time Ph.D. program.
- Department of Information Technology – The Delhi Technological University (Formerly Delhi College of Engineering), offers an undergraduate B.Tech. Course in Information Technology. This department offers M.Tech. programs.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering – The Department Of Mechanical Engineering and Production & Industrial Engineering has seen Considerable growth Since its inception in 1941. The department of Mechanical engineering also Offers Post Graduate courses with specialization in Thermal Engineering and Production Engineering. Ph.D. Programs in all fields of Mechanical Engineering are also offered. Also, the department offers four years of B.Tech. Programme for working Diploma Engineers.
- Department of Design – Department of Design is envisioned to pursue excellence in design thinking, design scholarship and design practice for the betterment of society in a holistic manner.
- University School of Management & Entrepreneurship – The department is established in 2017. The school has designed management programs to develop the capability amongst students for managing complex situations and relationships.
- Department of Physical Education & Sports – Physical education & sports play vital role in achieving the aims and objectives of Education. The students of DTU are provided with excellent facilities and encouraged to take part in the tournaments held in and around N.C.R. Delhi, particulars, engineering institutions.
DTU Courses Offered
Delhi Technological University offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Ph.D. programs in various disciplines. The list of these courses offered is given below in the following table.
|Programme Name||Courses Offered|
Bachelor of Design
Electronics & Communication Engg.
M. Tech. in Bioinformatics
DTU Fee Structure
DTU has different fee structure for various courses offered in the University. Check out the fee structure for the annual year from 2019 to 2022 from the following.
DTU has a multidisciplinary center for Geoinformatics. Geoinformatics is described as the science and technology dealing with the structure and character of spatial information. It has multiple applications in diverse fields. Some of these fields/applications are, Defense & Security / Target Detection, Hydrology / Irrigation, Disaster / Floods / Glacial Lake Outbursts, Urban / Environment / Pollution, Agriculture / Crop monitoring etc. A Multidisciplinary Centre for Geoinformatics (MCG) at Delhi Technological University was inaugurated on March 05, 2019, by the Honble Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Yogesh Singh. The MCG has been established with the vision to be a world-class multidisciplinary center in the field of geospatial and geoinformatics education, research and consultancy.
The University provides various facilities for the students, staffs and guests. The list of these facilities is mentioned below.
- EDUSAT Hub
- Central Library – DTU Library System consists of a Central Library and 15 departmental libraries which collectively support the teaching, research and extension programmes of the Institute. All students, faculty members and employees of the Institute are entitled to make use of the Library facilities on taking library membership.
- Computer Centre – DTU has a well-equipped centralized computer centre to cater to the needs of students and faculty in the university. The center possesses several servers and over 200 Dell intel core i5 computer systems. Also, the center has more than 15 servers hosting different applications such as websites & portals, SPSS, Mathematica, MatLab, DNS, LDAP, proxy, Email services, Network Monitoring System (NMS), etc.
- Knowledge Park – The knowledge hub has state-of-the-art connectivity and is networked with industries and R&D institutions. A knowledge hub is thus, the nucleus of both the cultivation of new knowledge as well as the Centre for Transformation of Knowledge into Prosperity through knowledge enterprise development.
- Banking & Mail – The State Bank of India (SBI) has a branch within the college campus to cater to the banking requirement of the students. All banking transactions are carried out within the branch itself. The bank has also provided Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) service within the campus for the benefit of the DTU community. The Indian Post has its office within the campus to cater to the mail related needs of the DTU community.
- Hostels – DTU provides hostel facility for both boys and girls in the University campus. Hostel accommodation for students on rolls will be allotted to full-time day students by the University Hostel Committee. Application for hostel seats should be submitted in the prescribed form. No ex-student shall be allotted any hostel accommodation.DTU is having 8 Boys and 5 Girls hostels in the campus to accommodate 1284 boys and 334 girls.
- Guest House – The guest house within the campus is meant for the staying purpose of individuals visiting DTU. The rooms are comfortable with all modern facilities available within.
- Gymnasium – DTU has an ultra-modern gymnasium with high-tech equipment. The gymnasium has been refurbished recently and new equipment like digital electronic treadmills have been added to the impressive setup.
- Health Centre – DTU has a full-fledged 20 bed hospital block. Services of two medical practitioners are available to the students throughout the day and evening. The college invites specialized medical practitioners for ENT, eye, dental care, nutrition experts once a week.
- Sports and Games – The students of DTU are provided with excellent facilities and encouraged to take part in the tournaments held in and around N.C.R. Delhi, particulars, engineering institutions. DTU is having 450 m. track, ground for Football, Hockey, Cricket, two courts for Volleyball, two courts for basketball, three courts for Tennis Iand five courts for Badminton, Table Tennis rooms, Chess Rooms, Carrom Rooms, and Gyms are also available in each hostel of the college campus.
- Electronic Surveillance System – To provide the efficient management, the constant vigil is kept on the activities of staff and users through the Electronic Surveillance system having a 24 hours recording facility.
- Canteen and Shopping Plaza – The University has two storey canteen building. Separate space is provided for boys & girls students and first floor is exclusively reserved for the faculty. Most modern kitchen with appropriate facilities keeping hygiene in mind has been provided in the Canteen. A shopping plaza is also in the Campus where day to day needs of students viz stationery, photocopy, PCO, Fax, Souvenir, Books and general items are available. DTU is having an SBI branch and its ATM. The University has a post office with speed post & registration services.
DTU Contact Details
Name: Delhi Technological University
Location: Bawana Auchandi Road, Shahabad Daulatpur, Rohini, New Delhi, DL – 42, India – 110042
Phone No.: 011 2729 6337
Official Website: dtu.ac.in