Gauhati University is conducting the exam in OTBE mode for this session. The Open Text Book Exam (OTBE) or Open Book Exam (OBE) is an exam where the candidate is allowed to consult the book while writing the exam. It is similar to the traditional exam and will have a limited time scheduled for writing and submitting the answer script. GU OTBE will be held online. The mock test portal is open for the whole day. Candidates have to visit the Practice OBTE portal for a rehearsal of the whole process.
Latest: Gauhati University has released BA, B.Sc, B.Com 5th sem exam 2020 schedule.
Gauhati University OTBE 2021
The University will not provide any offline or physical facility during the whole process of the exam. Candidates have to download the question paper and upload the answer script online. Also, all candidates have to be quipped themselves with sufficient connectivity bandwidth and data packs to complete the OTBE exam in the stipulated time. Complaints regarding the technical glitch shall not be entertained by Gauhati University. Belowis the link for Mock Test. Check the table for important dates.
|BA / B.Sc 5tyh Sem Exam 2020 held in 2021 (for Regular Batch of 2018 & Arrear Batch of 2017)||Click Here|
|B.Com 5th Sem Exam 2020 held in 2021 (for Regular Batch of 2018 & Arrear Batch of 2017)||Click Here|
Note: Except Assamese and Bengali, the postgraduate exam for all subject will be held by the respective PG department of GU.
Gauhati University OTBE Procedure
Open Text Book Exam (OTBE) or Open Book Exam (OBE) will be held online. Candidates have to follow the steps mentioned below before appearing for the exam. The steps are divided into two part i.e., prior to OTBE and on the day of OTBE.
Prior to OTBE
- Update the mobile number through the IUMS
- Visit the practice OTBE portal for a rehearsal of the whole process
On the Day of The OTBE
- Login to the exam portal using the certain credentials
- Download the question paper
- Write the answer using A4 sheet paper
- Scan the answer sheet and convert the scanned pages to a pdf
- Upload the scanned pdf to the exam portal after the at the end of exam
How to Download OTBE Question Paper?
Candidates can download the question paper online on the OTBE portal. The University will upload the question paper online. Candidates appearing for the exam can download the question paper 30 minutes before the start of the exam.
How to Upload the OTBE Answer Script?
Candidates have to upload the OTBE answer script online in pdf format. The upload facility will be available after 30 minutes from the time of exam commencement and will remain active until one hour (60 mins.) after the end of the exam. The maximum limit of Pdf which is to be uploaded is 5.0MB. Once the answer script pdf is uploaded, the upload will be closed for the exam. So, it is advised to practice before the exam to have a smooth uploading experience.
- Use the proper app on a smartphone or computer to scan the answer script into a single pdf.
- Avoid taking photograph and scan. It will increase the size of the pdf beyond the limit of 5.0MB. So, directly scan the sheet.
- Opt for Black & White for scanning. The color scan will required more file size.
Answer Script: Click Here to check the detailed rules & guidelines for preparing answer script.
Official Website: gauhati.ac.in