Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, is a Central University of India, located in Bilaspur C.G. State, established under Central Universities Act 2009, No. 25 of 2009. Formerly called Guru Ghasidas University (GGU), established by an Act of the State Legislative Assembly, was formally inaugurated on June 16, 1983. GGU is an active member of the Association of Indian Universities and Association of Commonwealth Universities. Situated in a socially and economically challenged area, the university is appropriately named to honor the great Satnami Saint Guru Ghasidas (born in 17th century), who championed the cause of the downtrodden and waged a relentless struggle against all forms of social evils and injustice prevailing in the society. The University is a residential Institution. Check out the page for Guru Ghasidas University.
Guru Ghasidas University (GGU)
Guru Ghasidas University, a Central University established by an Act 2009 of the Parliament, was originally established as State University by an Act of the State Legislative Assembly of the then undivided Madhya Pradesh on June 16, 1983. The Vishwavidyalaya is a semi-residential institution. Have a quick look at GGU University from the table given below:
|Name||Guru Ghasidas University|
|Location||Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh, India|
|Course Offered||UG, PG, and PhD. Programs|
GGU – Academic
The university is structured into the following academic divisions:
- Anthropology & Tribal Development
- Computer Science & IT
- Forensic Science
- Forestry, Wild Life & Environment Sc.
- Institute of Technology
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Library & Information Science
- Physical Education
- Pure & Applied Mathematics
- Pure & Applied Physics
- Political Sc. & Public Administration
- Rural Technology
- Social Work
GGU – Schools and Departments
The university has 9 different schools which offer Arts, Engineering and Technology, Life Science, Social Science, Mathematical and Computational Science, Natural Resources, Physical Science, Management & Commerce, and Law.
- Click here to check the Schools and Departments.
GGU – Courses Offered
Guru Ghasidas University offers various courses as we mentioned below:
- B.Sc. (Honours) Anthropology And Tribal Development
- B.A. (Honours) Anthropology And Tribal Development
- B. Sc. (Honours) Biotechnology
- B. Tech. Mechanical EngineeringB. Tech. Information Technology
- B. Tech. Industrial And Production Engineering
- B. Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B. Tech. Computer Science And Engineering
- B. Tech. Civil Engineering
- B. Tech. Chemical Engineering
- B. Sc. (Honours) Physics
- B. Ed. Spl. Ed. (L.D.)
- B. Ed. Spl. Ed. (H.I.)
- B. Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- B. P. Ed.
- B. Lib. I. Sc.
- B. Ed.
- B. Sc. (Forestry)
- B. S.W.
- B. Com. L.L.B.
- B. A. L.L.B.
- B. Sc. (Honours) Forensic Science
- B. Sc. (Honours) Zoology
- B. Sc. (Honours) Rural Technology And Social Development
- B. A. (Honours) Political Science
- B. Sc. (Honours) Mathematics
- B.A. (Honours) Journalism and Mass Communication
- B.A. (Honours) History
- B.A. (Honours) Hindi
- B.A. (Honours) English
- B. Sc. (Honours) Electronics
- B.A. (Honours) Economics
- B. Sc. (Honours) Computer Science
- B. Com. (Honours)
- B. Sc. (Honours) Chemistry
- B. Sc. (Honours) Botany
- B. C. A.
- L. L. M.
- M. Sc. (Microbiology)
- M. S. W.
- M. Sc. Physics
- M. Sc. Electronics
- M. Sc. Mathematics
- M. Sc. Zoology
- M. Sc. Botany
- M. Sc. Chemistry
- M. Sc. Biotechnology
- M. Sc. Computer Science
- M. C. A.
- M. Sc. Rural Technology And Social Development
- M. Sc. Forestry
- M. Sc. Anthropology And Tribal Development
- M. A. History
- M. A. Economics
- M. A. Hindi
- M. A. English
- M. A. Journalism and Mass Communication
- M. Lib. I. Sc.
- M. A. Political Science
- M. Sc. Forensic Science
- M. Com.
- M. Tech. Chemical Engineering
- M. Tech. Civil Engineering
- M. Tech. Computer Science And Engineering
- M. Tech. Electronics And Communication Engineering
- M. Tech. Industrial And Production Engineering
- M. Tech. Information Technology
- M. Tech. Mechanical Engineering
- M. A. Anthropology And Tribal Development
- M. B. A.
- M. Ed.
- M. P. Ed.
- Ph.D. in History
- Ph.D. in Law
- Ph.D. in Information Technology
- Ph.D. in Economics
- Ph.D. in Political Science
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Hindi
- Ph.D. in Journalism And Mass in Communication
- Ph.D. in English
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical in Sciences
- Ph.D. in Computer Science
- Ph.D. in Commerce
- Ph.D. in Anthropology And in Information Technology
- Ph.D. in Computer Science And in Engineering
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering
- Ph.D. in Industrial And in Production Engineering
- Ph.D. in Electronics And Communication in Engineering
- Ph.D. in Management Studies
- Ph.D. in Rural Technology And in Social Development
- Ph.D. in Forestry
- Ph.D. in Mathematics
- Ph.D. in Zoology
- Ph.D. in Botany
- Ph.D. in Biotechnology
- Ph.D. in Forensic Science
- Ph.D. in Electronics
- Ph.D. in Physical Education
- Ph.D. in Physics
- Ph.D. in Chemistry
- Ph.D. in Education
- Ph.D. in Social Work
- Ph.D. in Library And in Information Science
- P. G. Diploma in Computational Linguistics
- Diploma in French
- Diploma in German
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Certificate Course in Computational Linguistics (CCCL)
- M. Pharm. (Pharmacology)
- M. Pharm. (Pharmaceutics)
- M. Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- M. Pharm. (Pharmacognosy)
GGU Admission Process
Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur invites online applications for admission to the various courses through Vishwavidyalaya Entrance Test (VET). Gate score holders can also apply for the test. Final admission is done through counselling conducted by the University. MBA requires a valid score in CMAT and for M.Pharmacy requires GPAT.
Official Website: www.ggu.ac.in