|Company:||Ambuja Cement Limited (ACL)|
|Preparations:||: I prepared for about 30 days. The subjects I concentrated upon were
• Heat & mass transfer
• Fluid mechanics
• Basic concept of cement manufacturing (jain n jain)
• Process flow diagrams (PFD, PID etc)
|Books Reffered:||• Jain & Jain chemistry
• Heat & Mass transfer -Cengel
• Fluid mechanics – RK Bansal
• Unit operations – McCab n Smith
• Thermodynamics – PK nag
|Website Reffered:||• unitoperations.com
|GD and PI preparations:||To prepare for GD and PI, I Joined MBA coaching institute which prepare simultaneously for CAT, GATE and Placements|
|Eligibility criteria and students appeared:||Cutoff percentage was 60%.|
|The Written round:||It had technical + aptitude questions + personality development qs.
• questions on dimensional less numbers frm HT n MT,
• basic chemical principles,
• questions on thermodynamics (numericals),
• questions on fluid mechanics,
• questions from chemical reactors,
• questions on pumps, etc.
|The group Discussion:||Topic was “”inflation” good or bad for economy.”. We were given just 2 minutes to prepare. We were suggested to be courteous while adding our point|
|The Interview:||Mainly technical qs. Apart from that
• types of heat exchanger’s
• various separation process
• Process designing of equipment.
• use of equipment in cement industry.
|Role of Internships and extracurricular activities:||Role of internships: yes, it helped
Role of extra currics: Co curricular activities helps a lot, it’s the only thing that differentiate u with others who r sharing a common or somewhat near about academic record. These are add ons that gives you a pre-professionalism glimpse of that corporate world.