Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU) (also known as Garhwal University) is a public Central University located in Srinagar town in Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand state in northern India. HNBGU was established under the provisions of Uttar Pradesh State Universities Act December 01, 1973. It is among the ten largest universities in India with 3 campuses and more than 161 affiliated colleges and institutes. The university offers a variety of higher learning courses and academic programs through 10 Schools. HNBGU offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate, UG Diploma, PG Diploma, and Research Programmes. Interested students can check the page for more information regarding Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU).
Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU)
The university was renamed Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University in 1989 in commemoration of the memory of a leading statesman Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna and subsequently established as a central university under the provision of the Central Universities Ordinance, 2009. The University, nestled in the lap of Himalayan ranges in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand, is a residential cum affiliating institution of higher learning. It has jurisdiction over seven districts of Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. Have a quick glance at Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU) from the table provided.
|Name||Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU)|
|Location||Srinagar, Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India|
|Course Offered||Under Graduate, Post Graduate, UG Diploma, PG Diploma, and Research Programmes|
Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU) – Schools and Departments
The HNBGU has 11 different Schools and each school has their department which has its own faculty and supporting staff working under the Head of Department. Check the table below.
Schools and Departments
|School of Agriculture and Applied Science||
|School of Sciences||
|School of Commerce||
|School of Earth Science||
|School of Education||
|School of Engineering and Technology||
|School of Arts, Communication, and Languages||
|School of Humanities and Social Sciences||
|School of Law||Department of Law|
|School of Life Sciences||
|School of Management||Department of Business Management|
Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU) – Courses Offered
HNBGU offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate, UG Diploma, PG Diploma, and Research Programmes. Check the list of Courses below.
- Under Graduate Programme (3 years):
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A): Hindi, English, Sanskrit, History, Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology, Political Science, Economics, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Geography, Home Science, Sociology, Mathematics, Anthropology, Statistics, Defence and Strategic Studies, Drawing and Painting.
- B.A. (Hon.) Mass Communication (Integrated course)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.): Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Microbiology, Bio-Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Statistics, Geology, Geography, Defence and Strategic Studies, Anthropology, Economics.
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B.)
- Under Graduate Programme (4 years, 8 semesters): Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) Instrumentation Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, B.Sc. Forestry, B.Sc. Horticulture.
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences (B.Pharma.) Four Years
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) – One Year
- Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) Two Year
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.) – One Year
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) – Three years
- Post Graduate Programme (2 years):
- Master of Arts (M.A.): Hindi, English, Sanskrit, History, Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology, Political Science, Economics, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Geography, Home Science, Sociology, Mathematics, Anthropology, Statistics, Drawing and Painting, Master of Social Work, Theatre, Defence and Strategic Studies.
- M.A. Mass Communication (2 years, 4 semesters)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com.)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.): Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Statistics, Mathematics, Geology, Geography, Defence and Strategic Studies, Anthropology, Environmental Science, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, GIS and Remote Sensing.
- Master of Science (4 semesters courses): Forestry, Horticulture, Seed Science and Technology, Biotechnology, Microbiology.
- M.Sc. Integrated Biotechnology (5 years, 10 semesters)
- M.B.A. (2 years, 4 semesters) – Master of Business Administration, M.B.A. in Tourism
- M.C.A. – Master of Computer Application (3 years, 6 semesters)
- M.Pharma. (2 years, 4 semesters)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Master of Extension Education (MEE)
- Under Graduate Diploma: Advertising and Sales Promotion and Sales Management (1 year, 2 semesters)
- Post Graduate Diploma: Company Administration (1 year), Business Administration (1 year), Tourism and Hoteliering (2 semesters), Yoga, Rural Technology (1 year), Biotechniques of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (1 year, 2 semesters), Human Rights (1 year), Environmental Economics, Journalism and Mass Communication (1 year), Folk Music, Folk Dance.
- Research Programme: M.Phil. in English, M.Phil. in Environmental Plant Biology, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in all Disciplines.
Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU) – Facilities
Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU) provides various facilities to the students. Check the list of facilities provided by the University.
- Central Library
- Computer Centre
- University Sports Board
- Guest House
- University Dispensary
- Women Cell for “Combating Sexual Harassment” and Creation of Healthy Environment in University
Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (HNBGU) – Contact Details
Name: H.N.B.Garhwal University, Srinagar 246174, Dist. Garhwal (Uttarakhand), India 246174
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Phone No.: 01346-252143 (O)
Fax: 01346 252247
Official Website: hnbgu.ac.in