ICCR Scholarship Schemes
The ICCR offers 100 scholarships (at any given time) for study in Indian classical music, dance, painting, yoga and sculpture. The scholarships are valid for one year. This Scholarship Scheme is offered to nationals of all countries.
General Scholarship Scheme (GSS)
The General Scholarship Scheme (GSS) is one of the most important popular schemes of the ICCR for foreign students. 499 scholarships are offered annually to nationals of developing and non developing countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Scholarships for medical studies such as MBBS, BDS or for medical research leading to Ph.D. degrees are not offered under GSS. (Please note: This scheme was earlier known as General Cultural Scholarship Scheme GCSS). Under this scheme we are offering UG, PG, B.Tech., M.Phil, Ph.D. & Post Doctoral Courses.
Africa Scholarship Scheme
Under Africa Scholarship Scheme an agency work on behalf of MEA, a total of 900 slots are offered from 2012-13 onwards to African countries to pursue UG/PG/Ph.D. Courses.
Commonwealth Scholarship Fellowship Plan
This scholarship is meant for the nationals of the Commonwealth countries. 26 scholarships are awarded annually under the ICCR Programme for postgraduate studies and a few are for Under Graduate and Ph.D. studies.
Clink on the links below for important information pertaining to scholarships:
- Click here to see about General Instructions to Applicant
- Click here to download Application form
- Click here to download physical fitness
- Click here to download Financial terms and Condtions
- Click here to download Joining Report
- List of Universities/institutions where ICCR students are studying
Applications will not be accepted by ICCR for processing after 15th January 2016.
All entries (except the signature) in the application should, be typewritten or handwritten in block letters (capitals). Six copies of application, duly filled and properly tagged, are to be submitted. Each copy should be complete in all respects, with all the required information and all necessary supporting documents, as listed below:
- A recent passport size photograph
- Apart from these six photographs which are to be pasted on the applications, one additional photograph, not pasted to any form, must be supplied.
- Certified copy of the syllabi, curricula, etc. of courses covered in schools, colleges, universities attended with full details.
Note: If this information is not supplied, your application will not be considered, as this information is required in order to establish equivalency with Indian academic standards.
- Certified photostat copies of all academic qualifications certificates and marksheets, including those relating to school leaving examination, which are mandatory for the course for which you have applied.
- A certificate of physical fitness in the prescribed form.
- Recommendations / character certificates as required under S. No.15 of this form.
- Certified copies of relevant pages of candidates valid passport (max validity), showing photograph, name, contact details, date of issue, date of expiry and place of issue.
Instruction to Candidates
- The completed and signed application form which should be typed and not hand written along with other attachments must be e-mailed as a pdf document to the Embassy/ High Commission of India in your country. A hard copy along with 5 photographs should also be delivered to the Embassy/ High commission of India.
- Please note that your application will be considered only after it is verified and recommended by the Embassy/ High commission of India.
- Please note that your placement to a particular educational institution / University will depend on the availability of seats and the course that you are choosing .Therefore, before filling your three choices, you are advised to check the Institutions/Universities available for the discipline that you intend to study. You may like to see a list of Institutions/ Universities where ICCR scholars are studying at present.
- Please also note that once you accept admission to a particular discipline in a particular institution, subsequent changes either in the institution or discipline would not be possible.
- Please note that no admission and scholarship is offered for MBBS / MD / MS / BDS courses.
Leave a Reply