Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH) was established on October 02, 1972 by the Legislature of the State of Andhra Pradesh. JNTUH is situated at Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. JNT University offers various Under Graduate, Post Graduate and M.Phil./ Ph.D. programmes in various disciplines. The University has four constituent engineering colleges and four academic units/schools in addition to other administrative functional units. In addition to the Constituent units of the University, JNTUH has 291 Affiliated Colleges which includes 199 Engineering Colleges, 72 Pharmacy Colleges, 20 stand-alone MCA/MBA colleges spread over Telangana State. Check out the page for Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH).
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH)
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad was the firstever Technological University in the country. After 37 years of relentless service to the society at large, JNT University was restructured into four different Universities namely JNT University Hyderabad, JNT University Anantapur, JNT University Kakinada and JNFAU by the Government of Andhra Pradesh. JNTUH is supporting in conduct of the Entrance Tests TS EAMCET-2016 & TS ECET-2016 entrusted by the Telangana State Council for Higher Education and recruitment tests for various government organizations like TSGENCO, Police Recruitment Board etc. Have a quick look at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH) from the table given below:
|Name||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad|
|Established||02 Oct 1972|
|Location||Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Courses Offered||Under Graduate, Post Graduate and M.Phil./Ph.D. programmes|
- Time Table
- Hall Ticket
JNTUH Admission Process
Admission in JNTUH to regular B.Tech programmes are made based on the rank secured in Engineering, Agriculture & Medicine common entrance test (EAMCET) conducted by Telengana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad. Three-year diploma holders, with engineering common entrance test (ECET) ranking are eligible for admission into B.Tech Programmes. For M.Tech. / M.Pharmacy / M.B.A. & M.C.A. programmes in constituent colleges/Units of the University are based on GATE or PGECET/GPAT /ICET ranking respectively conducted by Telengana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad.
The admission to M.Tech. / M. Pharmacy /M.C.A. Programmes is divided into three categories: Regular Stream, Sponsored Category and Non-sponsored (Self supporting). For regular M.Sc programmes, Part-time M.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.B.A. / PGDNT Programmes, External Ph.D. / M.Phil. / M.S. Research Programmes and also for all P.G. Diploma programmes (CC * / CCC **), admission will be made on the basis of performance in the Entrance Examination conducted by JNT University Hyderabad. Application forms are available online. It is advised to submit the form and fees on or before the last date.
JNTUH Courses Offered
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad offers various Under Graduate, Post Graduate and M.Phil./ Ph.D. programmes. The Constituent Engineering Colleges and Units/Schools of JNTUH are offering 21 undergraduate programmes in B.Tech., 47 Postgraduate programmes in M.Tech., M. Pharmacy, M.Sc., M.B.A. and M.C.A., Integrated 5-Year Dual Degree Masters Programme in 10 disciplines with M.Tech./M.B.A./M.S.
In addition to this, M.S., M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes in various disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Science, Management and Humanities & Social Sciences are offered. The University offers B.Tech. Degree programme in 24 disciplines, B.Pharmacy, M.Tech. Degree programme in 64 disciplines, M. Pharmacy in 11 disciplines, M.C.A., M.B.A, M.A.M, M.T.M, Pharma.D. and Pharma.D. (PB) programmes in affiliated colleges. Check out the list of courses offered at the University from the table given below.
|Programme Name||Courses Offered|
JNTUH Constituent Colleges
JNTUH has a total of eight Constituent Colleges and academic units/ schools. There are four constituent colleges and four academic units/ schools. Out of four engineering colleges, three constituent engineering colleges are situated in rural areas of Telangana. The constituent colleges and academic units/schools are as follows:
- JNTUH College of Engg, Hyderabad – The College was established as Nagarjuna Sagar Engineering College in 1965 by the Government of Telangana. When the college was under the administrative control of the Department of Technical Education, it was affiliated to Osmania University, Hyderabad. With the formation of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University on 2nd October 1972, it became a constituent college of the University and was later renamed as JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad.
- JNTUH College of Engg, Jagtial – JNTUH College of Engineering Jagtial (JNTUHCEJ) was established in the year 2007 as a constituent college of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad. The college is recognized by UGC.
- JNTUH College of Engg, Manthani – The College of Engineering, Manthani as a part of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad is committed to the ongoing creation of a vital engineering community animated by a love of learning along with academic excellence and the pursuit of truth. The College strives to foster an environment based on open enquiry and service to the larger community.
- JNTUH College of Engg, Sulthanpur – JNTUH College of Engineering Sultanpur (JNTUH CES or JNTS) is a university, focusing on engineering, located in Sultanpur(V), Pulkal(M), Sangareddy (D), Telangana, India. Founded in 2012. A new milestone in the history of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad is the beginning of another Constituent Engineering College situated at Sultanpur in Medak District from the Academic Year 2012-13.
- School of Information Technology – JNTU Hyderabad established a Computer Center in 1985 with the support from UGC to cater to the needs of computing of various departments. In 1989, to promote Post Graduate studies, a department of Computer Science was started under IPGSR (Institute of Post Graduate Studies & Research).
- Institute of Science & Technology – Institute of Science & Technology is one of the autonomous academic units of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad and located within the JNTUH campus. The Institute had been established in 1989. Centre for Biotechnology, Centre for Environment, Centre for Nanoscience and Technology, Centre for Pharmaceutical sciences, Centre for Spatial Information Technology, Centre for Water Resources, Centre for Earth, Atmosphere, Weather Modification Technologies, Centre for Alternative Energy Options and Centre for Innovative Research are the constituent units of the institution.
- School of Management Studies – School of Management Studies, JNTUniversity is one of the leading Business Schools in the state of Telangana, located at JNTU campus in a spacious building: It taps the talent of the most successful of the ICET aspirants.
- UGC-HRDC – The UGC-Human Resource Development Centre (Formerly UGC-Academic Staff College) at JNTU Hyderabad takes pride in being the first in the country to offer Training Programs for faculty in Engineering Disciplines. Since its inception in the year 2000, the Academic Staff College maintained its uniqueness in offering refresher courses in varied specializations of Science, Engineering, Technology and Management.
There are various facilities provided for the students, staffs and guests. The list of these facilities is given below.
- University Library – The Library was upgraded as the University Library from 1990. The University Library was named after the first Vice-chancellor of JNT University as T R Doss Bhavan. It is well equipped with modern facilities like electronic resources in the form of online databases, e-journals, e-books, standards, theses and dissertations and also in the form of print form of books, journals, reports, etc. The University Central Library was fully automated with bar coding of the books through VTLS-Virtua Library Software.
- Auditorium – The University has two auditoriums namely Jawaharlal Nehru Auditorium and UGC Auditorium with a seating capacity of 1050 and 330 respectively which is used for the conduct of Convocations, Conferences, Workshops, University / College functions etc. In addition to the above, all the constituent colleges / units have Seminar and Conference Halls to meet the academic requirements.
- Seminar / Conference Halls – University has various seminar halls to accommodate different sizes of conferences or events depending on the requirement to conduct international / national conferences, workshops and mini workshops.
- Guests Houses – The University has guest house with 53 rooms on the campus. In addition to this ASC guest house with 3 Executive rooms is available.
- Hostels – All the constituent colleges/units of JNTUH have hostel facilities for both boys and girls. The Hostels are under the control of respective Principal / Director. One Hostel Manager for each College / unit and one Deputy Warden for each hostel are appointed from teaching faculty to take care of the students.
- University Health Centre – The Health centre has 4 General Wards, 4 Consultation rooms and a 6-bedded facility. Health centre has an ambulance available round the clock to shift to nearby hospitals in case of emergency. The centre also has visiting doctors available on two days each in a week.
- Canteen – The University is having canteen facility which provides hygienic food at reasonable rates to cater the needs of staff, students and visitors of the University.
- Internet and WiFi – The University is having high speed 1 Gbps Internet connectivity from BSNL through National Knowledge Network (NKN), 100 Mbps from Railtel and 20 Mbps from Southern Online through wired as well as wifi through out the campus which includes one constituent college and academic/administrative units of JNTUH located In Hyderabad campus to cater the needs of the students and staff.
- Computer Labs – Furnished with modular working tables where 450 students can work simultaneously. All systems in the laboratories are kept in-network with 24×7 internet connectivity.
- Banks – Andhra Bank and Extension counter of SBH are available for Staff/Students on the campus. Students can pay College, Hostel and Examination fees through the banks.
- Fire Station – Fire service is available on the campus to attend any emergencies.
- Sports & Physical Education – The Department is headed by a Professor of Physical Education supported by two Assistant Physical Directors and two Grounds men. The University is extensively promoting sports and games through its Constituent /Affiliated Colleges, Institutes, and Schools. The students are participating in various events and games inside and outside the college and are bringing laurels to our University.
JNTUH Contact Details
Name: Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad
Location: Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana – 500085
Phone No.: 23053434
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website: www.jntuh.ac.in