Kazi Nazrul University was established in the year 2012. It is located in West Bengal, India. The University was named after the rebel poet, Kazi Nazrul Islam of India. KNU offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate, M.Phil., Ph.D., Diploma, and B.tech. courses. There are a total of 17 University Teaching Departments in KNU. At present, there are a total of 20 colleges that are affiliated to Kazi Nazrul University. Check out the page for Kazi Nazrul University (KNU).
Kazi Nazrul University (KNU)
Kazi Nazrul University provides various facilities like library, hostel, smart class room, canteen, sports, etc. Have a quick look at Kazi Nazrul University (KNU) from the table mentioned below.
|Name||Kazi Nazrul University|
|Location||West Bengal, India|
|Courses||UG, PG, M.Phil., Ph.D., B.Tech. and Diploma courses|
KNU Admission Process
The admission to UG, PG, M.Phil. and PhD courses of Kazi Nazrul University will be governed by the guidelines of the university and the H.E Department of Govt. of West Bengal as framed from time to time. Interested students have to fill and submit the application form along with the application fees on or before the last date. No applications shall be accepted thereafter under any circumstances.
There are a total of 17 University Teaching Departments in KNU. Check out the list of these teaching departments from the following.
- Department of Animal Science
- Department of Applied Psychology – The Department of Applied Psychology, Kazi Nazrul University started its journey in the year 2015. The department is the first post-graduate department in West Bengal to run a syllabus based on CBCS system. The department is offering 3 specializations currently Clinical Psychology, Organizational Psychology and Rehabilitation Psychology to its credit.
- Department of Bengali – The Department of Bengali has been in progress since the academic session of 2013- 2014.
- Department of Chemistry – The Department of Chemistry, Kazi Nazrul University has started journey from September 2016.
- Department of Commerce – Department of Commerce began its functioning from the academic session 2014-15.
- Department of Education – The Department of Education started its journey in the academic year 2014-15.
- Department of English – The department of English was started in the year 2013.
- Department of Geography -The Department was established in the year 2015 and offers Master’s Degree programme (M.A./M.Sc. in Geography).
- Department of Hindi – The Department of Hindi began its functioning from the academic session 2014-15.
- Department of History – The Department of History, Kazi Nazrul University took off in the year 2013. The Department initiated its first M. Phil and Ph. D programme in the year 2016.
- Department of Law – In 2015, the Department of Law under the Kazi Nazrul University began its first academic session. Initially, the University run the two years LL.M course in Criminal Law and Criminology.
- Department of Mathematics – This Department was established in 2013. This is the first Science Department of the Kazi Nazrul University. Currently, the Department runs 02 year (04 semesters) Post Graduate Programme (M.Sc.) in Mathematics under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
- Department of Philosophy – The Department of Philosophy was started its journey in the year 2015.
- Department of Political Science – The Department of Political Science has been in progress since the academic session of 2014-15.
- Department of Physics – The Department started its journey in the year 2015. Presently, it offers 4 semesters Master Degree Programme (M.Sc. in Physics).
- Department of Mining Engineering – The Department of Mining Engineering has started its journey under School of Mines & Metallurgy in Kazi Nazrul University in the year 2017.
- Department of Metallurgical Engineering – School of Mines and Metallurgy, Kazi Nazrul University started offering three-years diploma in Metallurgical Engineering from 2017. The Department has started B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering from 2019 onwards.
KNU Courses Offered
Kazi Nazrul University offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate, M.Phil., Ph.D., B.Tech. and Diploma. Check out the list of these courses offered by KNU from the following.
|Programme Name||Courses Offered|
Classical Vocal Music
Commerce – Accountancy
Commerce – Taxation
Commerce – Finance
LLB (3 yrs)
LLB (5 yrs)
Mass Communication & Journalism
|Post Graduate||Animal Science|
Master of Social Work (MSW)
|Integrated M.Phil. – Ph.D.||—-|
|B.Tech.||B.Tech in Mining Engineering|
B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering
|Diploma||Diploma in Mining Engineering|
Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering
KNU Affiliated Colleges
Kazi Nazrul University has a total of 20 affiliated colleges. Check out the list of these affiliated colleges from the following.
Government Degree College –
- Durgapur Government College
Government Aided Degree Colleges –
- Asansol Girls College
- Banwarilal Bhalotia College
- Bidhan Chandra College
- Deshabandhu Mahavidyalaya
- Khandra College
- Kulti College
- Michael Madhusudan Memorial College
- Pandaveswar College
- Raniganj Girls College
- T.D.B College
- Kazi Nazrul Islam Mahavidyalaya
- Durgapur Women’s College
Private Non-aided Institutions (Self-financed) –
- DSMS College of Tourism and Management
- Durgapur Institute of Science and Technology
- Raniganj Institute of Computer and Information Science
- Raniganj Institute of Information Technology
- St. Xaviers’ College
Private Non-aided Law College –
- Durgapur Institute of Legal Studies
- Law College Durgapur
KNU provides various facilities for the student, staff, faculties and guests. Check out the list of these facilities from the following.
- Smart Class Room
- Anti-Ragging Measures
- Health Support
KNU Contact Details
Name: Kazi Nazrul University
Location: Nazrul Road, Dist. Paschim Bardhaman, West Bengal, India – 713340
Phone No.: 0341 2270456
Fax: 0341 2271024
Official Website: www.knu.ac.in