About Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT) is an Institute of National Importance. It was formerly known as Maulana Azad College of Technology (MACT), which was India’s one of the first eight Regional Engineering Colleges. The institute has been named after the great scholar, educationist and the first education Minister of Govt. of India, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. The Govt. of India and Govt. of Madhya Pradesh jointly sponsored the Institute in 1960 to attract bright young students from across the country.
Presently, along with about 200 faculties and 4000 students, the institute is successfully meeting the objective of producing skilled manpower of the highest quality to cope up with challenges of ever evolving industrial needs of the country.
The institute is situated in the heart of Bhopal on a beautiful plateau with a verdant 650-acre campus. It has 8 hostels which has excellent fooding and lodging facilities along with 24 hours security. MANIT’s Computer Centre, Canteen, Workshops, Athletic Ground, Energy Centre and the open air auditorium are the places where students enjoy healthy and competitive environment. They not only attain maturity and confidence but also shape themselves for the future needs of the world.
MACT started functioning in 1960 at Govt S.V. Polytechnic with an intake of 120 students and seven faculty members
|Dr. C.S. BHATNAGAR||M.Sc, Ph.D||Lecturer||Physics|
|Dr. S.S. SHARMA||M.Sc, Ph.D||Lecturer||Chemistry|
|Shri M.L. KHARE||MSc.||Asst. Lecturer||Physics|
|Shri V.P. SINHA||MSc.||Asst. Lecturer||Mathematics|
|Shri. R.M. PALAIYA||MSc||Asst. Lecturer||Mathematics|
Shri S.R. BEEDKAR, Principal of S.V. polytechnic was the planning officer.
Shri. J.N.MOUDGILL joined in 1962 as the first principal of MACT.
- Design, develop and implement curricula of various programmes using dynamic & responsive processes, in tune with the needs of the global industry and economy.
- Develop personality of all learners, faculty & employees in order to infuse with proactive leadership, innovativeness, entrepreneurial abilities, required competencies relevant to the profession and interpersonal communications.
- Induce in engineers/ technologists and trainees a mind-set full of creativity to pursue excellence with customer focus, accountability and caring for environment & people.
- Ensure an environment where students, faculty and staff are encouraged to enhance their intellectual curiosity and improve their technical and professional skills through Continuous Development Programmes.
- To promote reforms in the assessment/ evaluation processes, ensuring reliable and valid assessment and certification of abilities of learners.
Produce technical professionals abreast with competencies, mind-set and ethical values synchronous with the futuristic requirements of global business so as to strengthen the national economy.
Leave a Reply