Mother Teresa Women’s University was started in the year 1984 and is situated at Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu, India. It is the only Women’s University of Tamil Nadu State Government. Mother Teresa University offers PG courses (M.A., M.Com., M.Ed., M.B.A., M.Sc., M.Phil) and PhD. level courses in Arts and Sciences under 17 teaching departments. There are 03 Affiliated Government Colleges, 02 Autonomous, 01 Constituent and 06 Self Financing Colleges. As an Affiliating University, it offers UG, PG, M.Phil., PhD. degrees to the women institutions in Dindigul and Theni districts. Check out the page for Mother Teresa Women’s University.
Mother Teresa Women’s University
The foundation stone was laid by the Noble Laureate Mother Teresa. Mother Teresa Women’s University has its Research and Extension centres at Chennai, Madurai and Coimbatore. The centre for Women Studies is situated at Pallapatti. It also offers distance education programmes in Arts and Science. MTWU houses a Tamil Nadu Common Wealth Mother Teresa Women’s University International centre to offer international education for women candidates. Have a quick look at Mother Teresa Women’s University (MTWU) from the table mentioned below.
|Name||Mother Teresa Women’s University|
|Location||Kodaikanal, Tamil, Nadu, India|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, M.Phil. & Ph.D.|
Mother Teresa Women’s University Admission Process
The admission in MTWU for all the courses shall be based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination. The University will follow the Tamil Nadu Government Reservation Rule for selecting the candidates. The application forms for admission are made available online at the official website. Interested candidates must fill the admission form in the prescribed format and submit it along with the requisite fees within the time limit. No applications shall be accepted thereafter under any circumstances.
Mother Teresa Women’s University Departments
MTWU has the following 17 University Teaching Departments. Check out the same from the following.
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of Education
- Department of English
- Department of Historical Studies & Tourism Management
- Department of Home Science
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Physics
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Tamil Studies
- Department of Visual Communication
- Department of Women’s Studies
Mother Teresa University Courses Offered
Mother Teresa Women’s University offers various Under Graduate, Post Graduate, M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes. Check out the list of these programmes from the following.
|Name of the Department||Courses Offered|
|Department of Biotechnology||M.Sc.,Biotechnology |
|Department of Chemistry||M. Sc. Chemistry, M. Phil. Chemistry|
|Department of Commerce||M.Com.M.Phil. (Commerce)Ph.D.|
|Department of Computer Science||MCAM.Sc. Computer Science & InformationTechnology|
|Department of Economics||M.A. in Economics|
M.Phil. in Economics
|Department of Education||M.Ed.B.Ed.M.phil.Ph.D.|
|Department of English||M.A. – English Literature |
M.Phil – English Literature
PhD in English Certificate Course in Communicative English
Certificate Course in Communicative French
|Department of Historical Studies & Tourism Management||M.A. Historical studies |
M.Phil Tourism Management
M.Phil. Historical Studies
|Department of Home Science||M.Sc Food Service Management and DieteticsM.Sc Foods and NutritionM.Sc Textiles and Clothing|
|Department of Management Studies||MBAM.Phil.Ph.D.|
|Department of Mathematics||M.Sc. MathematicsM.Phil. Ph.D. Diploma in Fuzzy Hypergraph Theory|
|Department of Physical Education||M.P.Ed.|
|Department of Physics||M.Sc.M.Phil.Ph.D.|
|Department of Sociology||M.A. SociologyMSWPG Diploma in Human Rights EducationM.Phil.Ph.D.|
|Department of Tamil Studies||M.A.M.Phil.Ph.D.Certificate Course|
|Department of Visual Communication||MA Mass CommunicationM.Sc. Visual communicationM.Phil Mass Comm.M.Phil. Visual Comm.Doctoral Programmes|
|Department of Women’s Studies||—–|
- Click Here to check the complete list of Regular Courses of MTWU.
Mother Teresa Women’s University Fee Structure
The University provides a different fee structure for all the courses which are offered. The link to check the fee structure for all the courses is mentioned below.
Fee Structure – Click Here to check the fee structure of all the courses offered by MTWU.
Mother Teresa University Affiliated Colleges
MTWU has the following affiliated Government Colleges, Autonomous, Constituent and Self Financing Colleges. Check out the list for the same from the following.
Government Colleges –
- M.V.M Government Arts College for Women
- Government Arts College for Women
- Government Arts & Science College for Women
Autonomous Colleges –
- Jeyaraj Annapackiam College for Women
- Arulmigu Palaniandavar Arts College for Women
Constituent College –
- Women’s University College of Education
Self Financing Colleges –
- St. Antony’s College of Arts & Science for Women
- Nadar Saraswathi College of Arts & Science
- Sri Adi Chunchanagiri Women’s College
- Sakthi College of Arts and Science for Women
- Thiravium College of Arts & Science for Women
- Bon Secours Arts & Science College for Women
Mother Teresa Women’s University Centres
There are a total of six University Centres. Check out the list of these centres from the following.
- Centre for Women’s Studies
- Centre for Intellectual Property Rights
- Incubation and Technology Transfer Centre
- Tamil Nadu Mother Teresa Women’s International centre
- Swami Vivekananda Higher Studies and Research Centre
- Centre for Gandhian Studies
Mother Teresa University Research & Extension Centres
MTWU has following three Research & Extension Centres. Check out the same from the following.
- MTWU Chennai Campus – Chennai Campus of Mother Teresa Women’s University was established in Teacher Training campus, Saidapet in the year 1998, to promote women’s education. The campus has various departments offering PG, M.Phil and PhD Programmes.
- MTWU Madurai Campus – Mother Teresa Women’s University, Madurai Campus was re-established during August 2013. The Campus aims to bridge on Academic and Research Programmes.
- MTWU Coimbatore Campus – Mother Teresa Women’s University Research and Extension Centre, Coimbatore was established in July 2016. The campus offers M.Com., M.A. English, M.Sc. Mathematics, M.Sc. Textiles and Clothing, M.sc. Foods & Nutrition.
Mother Teresa Women’s University Facilities
MTWU provides various facilities for the students, staff, faculties and guests. Check out the list of these facilities from the following.
- Guest House
- Health Care Unit
Mother Teresa Women’s University Contact Details
Name: Mother Teresa Women’s University
Location: Kodaikanal, Tamil, Nadu, India – 624101
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website: www.motherteresawomenuniv.ac.in