Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) was established on June 01, 1996. It is located at Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. RGUHS is considered one of the top universities offering the best medical education in India. The University offers UG and PG courses in Medical, Dental, Nursing, etc. ordinances. There are various numbers of Ayurveda colleges, Unani colleges, Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences colleges, Homeopathy colleges, Pharmacy colleges, Nursing colleges, Physiotherapy colleges and Allied Health Science colleges that are affiliated by the RGUHS. Read the article to know more about Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS).
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
RGUHS is considered one of the top universities offering the best medical education in India with initiatives to make its syllabi for different courses of world-class quality taking it to the forefront of Medical education in India. Have a quick look at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) from the table mentioned below.
|Name||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Established||01 Jun 1996|
|Location||Jayanagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Courses||UG and PG Courses|
RGUHS Admission Process
Admission in Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences is done based on submission of the application form. Admission application forms are available online at the official website. Students willing to apply for admission in UG and PG courses of Medical and Dental have to submit the application form along with the prescribed application fee to the concerned department of the University. It is advised to submit the application form before the last date. Document verification will also be done. Those candidates who wish to apply for AYUSH course, for them the admission will be done based on NEET rank/result.
Rajiv Gandhi Uuniversity of Health Sciences offers various 20 teaching departments (Ordinances). The list of these University Teaching Departments is mentioned below:
- Medical – RGUHS is known for the quality education imparted across the world and its affiliated institutes are in demand for various courses offered here. It offers various UG medical courses.
- Dental – Dentistry concerned with all health problems affecting the mouth teeth, gums, and other hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity .
- Ayurveda – There is a huge demand for Ayurveda candidates and RGUHS has educational Institutions affiliated to it which are renowned for research and academic activities in Ayurveda.
- Homeopathy – This ordinance offers B.H.M.S. course for the students.
- Unani – The University has taken an initiative to promote growth and development of Unani Medicine and provide training in teching and research at PG level.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences – The Pharmacy graduates are involved and trained in the preparation, dispensing and appropriate use of medication, production of pharmaceutical products, development of methods or process of production and quality control. The University introduces the new program of Pharma D.
- Nursing – The University offers best nursing education and nursing graduates for RGUHS are in demand worldwide. JNTUA has started a unique National Consortium for Ph.D. in nursing along with Indian Nursing Council and World Health Organisation.
- Physiotherapy – It is a health care profession that is primarily concerned with the remediation of impairments and disabilities and the promotion of mobility.
- Super Specialty
- P.B. B. Sc (N)
- Pharm D & Pharm D (PB)
- Ph.D course
- M.Sc Clinical Psychology
- Hospital Administration
- Certificate Course(Med)
- Certificate Course(Den)
RGUHS Courses Offered
The University offers various UG and PG courses in Medical & Dental. There are various courses under nine ordinances offered by the University. The list for the same is given below in the table:
|Allied Health Sciences||
RGUHS Affiliated Colleges
There are various number of affiliated colleges of RGUHS for various disciplines. The list for the same is given below:
- Ayurveda Colleges: Click Here to check the list of Ayurveda colleges.
- Unani Colleges: Click Here to check the list of Unani colleges.
- Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences Colleges: Click Here to check the list of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences Colleges.
- Homoeopathy Colleges: Click Here to check the list of Homeopathy Colleges.
- Pharmacy Colleges: Click Here to check the list of Pharmacy colleges.
- Nursing Colleges: Click Here to check the list of Nursing Colleges.
- Physiotherapy Colleges: Click Here to check the list of Physiotherapy colleges.
- Allied Health Sciences Colleges: Click Here to check the list of Allied Health Sciences Colleges.
RGUHS provides various facilities to the students. The list of facilities is given below:
- Digital Library
- Health Care
- Guest House
- Student Grievance Cell
- Anti-Ragging Cell
RGUHS Contact Details
Name: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
Location: Jayanagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India – 560 041
Phone No.: 080-2696 1933 / 35
Fax: 080-2696 1927
Email ID: email@example.com
Official Website: www.rguhs.ac.in