The Central Library, SVNIT Surat is one amongst major technological libraries in the area of science, engineering and technology. The Library was established in 1968. It has completed nearly 35 years and has built a large collection of books, journals and non-book materials. It also has a rich collection of resources in electronic media available locally on the Institute Intranet and accessible on the Web. It caters to the needs of large groups of users including more than 2000 students, 200 faculty, 150 research scholars and equally large number of supporting staff. It has computerized all its house-keeping activities using a global software that is being maintained and updated regularly. It also facilitates industries, individual consultants and corporates to access online database and journals. It uses state-of-the-art technology in its functioning and services.Not only having a very good reference section, Library has been subscribed to access INDEST by MHRD.
Central Computer Centre
- Central Computer Centre, one of the central learning resource of the college was established in 1995. It is the heart of the computing resource of the college as well as kernel of the internet connection. REC-Surat was one of the first institute in the South Gujarat region and the only acaemic one, to be connected to the Internet as early as 1995.
- This computer centre comprises of mainly two subcentres : Internet and Programming lab 1 (on the ground-floor) and Internet and Programming lab 2 (on the first floor) meant for B E I, II and B E III, IV year students respectively.
- Students with individual login -ids are able to use the machines for e-mail, internet browsing & general purpose programming. The Lab being the new and up-coming lab, consists of the latest and state-of-the-art Pentium machines satisfying the high-performance computing requirements of the Senior students; while the computers on the first floor consist of a mix of some latest additions to the old Intel 80486 & Pentium based machines – but with ample capabilities to satiate mainly the programming needs of the Junior students.
Students with individual login -ids are able to use the machines for e-mail, internet browsing & general purpose programming. The Lab being the new and up-coming lab, consists of the latest and state-of-the-art Pentium machines satisfying the high-performance computing requirements of the Senior students; while the computers on the first floor consist of a mix of some latest additions to the old Intel 80486 & Pentium based machines – but with ample capabilities to satiate mainly the programming needs of the Junior students.
- These labs include a wide variety of different purpose servers like Web-server, Mail-server, DNS, ordinary servers etc. It also houses most of the dialects of the operating systems, authorized copies of almost all the common shrink-wrapped software and various Engineering applications software.
- Superb computing facility and the abundance of all types of latest software adds to the glamour and grandeur of this centre. It stands as the Information Technology symbol for the college and undoubtedly is the best in Surat as well as in Western India.
Day Care Centre For Children (DCCC)
- Birth of Day Care Center for Children (DCCC) at S.V.National Institute of Technology took place on 31st October-2006.It was inaugurated by Dr.(Mrs.) Vikasben Desai, Addl. Director (FW), Commissionerate of Health, Medical Services & ME (HS), Government of Gujarat, India.
- SVNIT Day Care Centre for Children (DCCC) takes care of the children of employees/PG Students/ Research Scholars. It is a common facility essentially meant for staff-welfare. It is fully equipped with modern sophisticated facility and games to the children of busy and lovely family.
- The mission of the center is to provide Happy, Healthy and safe environment to the children. You will find your child is safe, active and more co-operative. We know that we can not substitute your love, affection and care. But we can try for the best. Your child will not feel that they are away from love & affection because Day Care Center for Children (DCCC) is run by dedicated management & staff.
SVNIT Guest House is located on the oppposite side of SVNIT main gate on Surat-Dumas road. It has of 12 fully furnshed rooms along with telephone lines and Television. Its one storeyed building. It provids boarding and lodging facilities for the Institute guests, invited guests, visitors, newly appointed faculty, staff members, delegates and participants attending various conferences, seminars, symposia and workshops. There is one Seminar Hall with capacity of 60 Persons as well as a dining hall and a fully equiped gym for the guests of SVNIT.
The campus has one consists post office in front of main gate of SVNIT, in the same building where the SBI branch resides. The Post office is providing all needed facilities like wise; general post, register posts, speed posts, postal savings schemes and many more.
SVNIT is having a very large campus area consisting hostels, staff quarters, bank, post office, academic buildings etc. For such big institute security is of a paramount importance. In the same Concern SVNIT has developed an effective security system. Security System Organisation Chart is shown beside.
SVNIT has contract with M/s Banas Security Personal Force, Ankleshwar, Gujarat. There are total 94 guards including lady guards guarding the campus area. this also includes Ex-Serviceman of various rank. As per need in some functions or events guards are specially hired for sometime.
- Jeep / Two Wheelers
- Walky talky System
- Military Torch
- Snack Catcher
- Fire System
- Metal Door Detector
- C.C. TV Camera (Implementing Shortly)
There is a dispensary in SVNIT campus for both students and staff of SVNIT. Mr. Sanjay Shah is the incharge doctor at the dispensary. The dispensary remains open on all working days from 10 am to 1pm and 4pm to 6pm.
The campus has one canteen located behind the Central Library building. Its used by hostelites as well as the occasional visitor. The Canteen is open from 7.00 A.M. to 7.00 P.M. on all working days including Saturdays. A wide variety of South Indian items, non-vegetarian items and chinese food as well as some fast food varieties are available. During lunch time Meals (Gujarati Thali) are available at very nominal rates.
The institute has one bank and two ATM rooms situated in the campus, State Bank of India and ATM of Canara Bank. State Bank of India is regular branch in the campus and is housed in front of the main gate of SVNIT.
State Bank Of India
Institute employees have their salaries credited to the State Bank of India. State Bank of India has one ATMs located beside bank premises.
Phone : +91 (261) 2227125(Office)
The Canara Bank ATM is located in front of the SVNIT main Gate just beside the SBI ATM.
Most of the institute’s athletic and sports facilities are located in and around the Student Activity Center (SAC) . The SAC has indoor badminton courts and a gymnasium. Adjoining this building are two basketball courts, a cricket ground and football ground. Other facilities on campus include a volleyball court, pool tables and indoor table-tennis tables in the residential hostels.
The girls hostel has a gym and badminton court exclusively for girls.
Leave a Reply