The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) is a first of its kind university in the Pan Asian region. It is the :
- First Indian Energy University recognised by UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956
- First Indian Energy University accredited by the Energy Institute, UK
- First Indian Institution to offer 42 specialised programs across Oil & Gas, Power, Transportation, Infrastructure and Logistics & Supply Chain sectors
- First Indian Energy Institution to set up an in-house Bio-Diesel Laboratory
- First Indian University to implement SAP for its operations
Born out of a unique vision, UPES aims to provide domain specific and industry ready management, engineering and legal professionals, at the graduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels.
Since its inception in 2003, UPES has become the “Institution of Choice” for students and corporates in the Energy and Core sectors. More than 3000 students have passed through its hallowed portals and are today enjoying key roles in their chosen sectors. UPES is recognised by UGC and NAAC .
The UPES campus is located in the sylvan surroundings of the Pondha valley at the foothills of the Himalayas in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, offering an environment conducive to academic, personal and professional growth.
UPES is a non profit organisation registered under the Societies Act, 1860 dedicated to promoting education and training in Energy and allied sectors. UPES is also actively involved in advance research under its eleven research centres in the domains of choice.
The Board of Governors, the Board of Management, the Academic Council and the University Officials are collectively responsible for governing and managing UPES. They draw upon considerable strengths from both the academic community and industry professionals, and in return ensure the high level of transparency in functioning.
To be a premier international institution with state-of-the-art facilities to provide world-class education, training, research, consultancy and outreach services in the Energy, Transportation and infrastructure sectors.
- To take the leadership role in establishing academic benchmarks for entry level professionals in the Energy, Infrastructure and Transportation sectors.
- To develop academic and training competency in teaching professionals to help them create future ready professionals for the Energy, Infrastructure and Transportation sectors.
- To design, develop and deliver cutting edge education and training for working professionals in the Energy, Infrastructure and Transportation sectors.
- To provide support to research, consultancy and development activities in all technical and managerial aspects of the Energy, Infrastructure and Transportation sectors.