Syllabus of Admission Test
B. Ed. (Economics)
- General Intelligence;
- General English : The Syllabus for B. Ed. General English course shall comprise questions on language, grammar meanings of words, use of idioms and phrases;
- One of the SCHOOL SUBJECTS.
School Subject – Economics
- Theory of consumers’ behaviour, theory of production and cost, Elasticity of Demand, Market structure and price output determination, Pricing of factors of production.
- National income – concepts, measurement and limitations, Classical theory and Keynesian theory of income and employment. Theories of consumption and investment, Multiplier and Accelerator, Classical, neo-classical and Keynesian theories of interest.
- Basic features of Indian Economy, Growth and Structural changes, Institutional and technological reforms in Indian Agriculture. Agricultural Finance and Marketing, Agricultural prices, Food security and Public Distribution system. Industrial Policy, Industrial Finance, Role of small scale and cottage industries. Planning in India, Growth, composition and direction of India’s foreign trade.WTO and Indian economy, Poverty, inflation in India.
- Concept, functions and classification of money, Money and Prices, Commercial banking, Central banking. Recent reforms in Banking sector in India.
- Economic growth and development, Economic development and role of institutions, Stages of economic growth. Sustainable economic development. Partial theories of growth and development. Terms of trade between agriculture and industry. Environmental problems and policy in India.
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion. Simple correlation and regression; Index numbers.