The Central University of Haryana is a Central University established under the Central Universities Act, 2009 of the Parliament. It is one of the 15 Central Universities established by MHRD, GoI under the XIth Five Year Plan (2007-12). The University is fully funded by the UGC. Permanent Campus of the University is situated in 488 acres of land at Jant-Pali Villages, Mahendergarh district of Haryana from where CUH is running its academic operations. There are Schools (30 Departments) in the university under which Graduation, Post Graduate, M.Phil., Ph.D. Courses are offered. The admission in various courses is entirely through the Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET). The President of India is the visitor of the university.
History of Central University of Haryana
A Central University in India is established by the Department of Higher Education. This University was established under 12 more proposed Central Universities in Bihar, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, and Tamil Nadu in the year 2009 through an act of Parliament. Have a quick glance at Central University of Haryana from the table provided.
|Name||Central University of Haryana|
|Location||Mohindergarh, Haryana, India|
|Course Offered||Graduation, Post Graduate, M.Phil and Ph.D. courses|
Central University of Haryana Vision
The vision of this university is to develop enlightened citizenship of a knowledge society for peace and prosperity of individuals, nation and the world, through the promotion of innovation, creative endeavors, and scholarly inquiry. To serve as a beacon of change, through multi-disciplinary learning, for creation of knowledge community, by building a strong character and nurturing value-based transparent work ethics, promoting creative and critical thinking for holistic development and self-sustenance for the people of India. The University seeks to achieve this objective by cultivating an environment of excellence in teaching, research, and innovation in pure and applied areas of learning.
Central University of Haryana – Schools and Departments
There are Schools (30 Departments) in the university under which Graduation, Post Graduate, M.Phil., Ph.D. Courses are offered. Check the Schools and Departments table mentioned below
Schools and Departments
|Schools||Departments under the Schools|
|School of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences||
|School of Language, Linguistics, Culture and Heritage||
|School of Law, Governance, Public Policy and Management||
|School of Chemical Sciences||Department of Chemistry|
|School of Computer Science and Informatics||
|School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences||
|School of Earth, Environment and Space Studies||
|School of Journalism, Mass Communication and Media||Department of Journalism and Mass Communication|
|School of Interdisciplinary and Applied Life Sciences||
|School of Engineering and Technology||
|School of Education||Department of Education|
Central University of Haryana – Courses Offered
The Central University of Haryana offers various courses as we mentioned below:
- M.Phil. / Ph.D.
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- Ph.D. Biotech course work
- M.Sc. Biochemistry
- Ph.D. Statistics
- M.Sc. Statistics
- Master of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- M.Sc Mathematics
- M.Sc Nutrition Biology
- M.Sc Physics
- M.Phil /Ph.D. Sociology
- M.A Sociology
- Ph.D. Chemistry
- M.A Education
- M. Phil. (Education)
- M.A Hindi
- M.Phil. / Ph.D. Hindi
- M.A. (Psychology)
- M.Sc. EVS
- M.Phil. / Ph.D. English
- M.A. English
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication
- M.Sc Biotech
- M.A History
- M.A Economics
- B.Voc Biomedical Sciences
- B.Voc Retail & Logistic Management
- B.Voc IWM
- M.A. (Political Science) – CBCS
- M.Sc. (Geography) – CBCS
- M.Sc. Microbiology – CBCS
- M.A. (Political Science)
- Ph.D. (Education)
- M.Phil / Ph.D Programme Political Science
- PhD Management
- M.Phil/PhD Economics
Central University of Haryana Admission Process
The Central University of Haryana Admission will take admission in various programmes of study (PG, M.Phil. and Ph.D.) through Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET) 2019. CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test) is a national level test which is conducted every year in the month of May-June. It is jointly organized by 9 universities, Rajasthan University is the conducting body of CUCET 2019.
Central University of Haryana Facilities
CUH provides various facilities to the students. Check the list of facilities provided by the University:
- Central Library: Central University of Haryana Library System is having more than 20866 volumes in various subjects to serve the academic community.
- Virtual Class Room and Computer Labs: Internet is the main source from where the students can be able to gather the desired information and knowledge on relevant parts of their courses. In Central University of Haryana, they have five Virtual classrooms
- Wifi Facility: The campus is fully networked through high-end intelligent CISCO switch, and possesses round the clock 1 Gbps leased line.
- Sports Facility: Sports and Games are an integral part of common life as well as important for human resources development. It is also an effective way of channelizing the energy of youth for productive and meaningful purposes. By keeping this in view the Central University of Haryana has therefore accorded a high priority to the promotion of sports in the University.
- Innovation Centre: Centre for Innovation skill and Entrepreneurship Development (CISED) has been the brainchild of Honble Vice Chancellor, Prof. R.C. Kuhad and is working properly under the convenorship of Prof. Nawal Kishore.
- Gymnasium and Health Centre Facility: The university health clinic is fully manned by qualified, competent, experienced human resource for the health of all cadres. A dedicated Building of Health Centre is under process.
- Hostel: The Central University of Haryana provide Excellent Hostel Facilities.
- Bank with ATM Facility: University has Punjab National Bank Branch and ATM Facility in the Campus and State bank of India Branch, Outside the Campus near Dholi Gate.
- Post Office Facility: The India Post has been established the post office on the campus.
- Transport Facility: University provides a good and safe Transport Facility to the students.
CUH Contact Details
Name: Central University of Haryana, Jant-Pali, Mahendergarh, Haryana Pin: 123031
Admission Helpline: 8222876763
Public relations officer: 9899879792
Registrar Office: 8222876763
Vice Chancellor Office: 8222876761
Official Website: www.cuh.ac.in