DU SOL OBE Portal is a platform where candidates can download the questions and upload the answer sheets. Candidates who are eligible to appear for the university Open Book Exam (OBE) have to do one-time self-registration on the DU portal. During registration, candidates have to provide the basic details such as name, enrolment number (optional), programme name, date of birth, examination roll number, registered E-mail or mobile phone number. On the exam day, candidates have to log in by providing the exam roll no. and password. Check the page for step by step guide for using the DU SOL OBE portal.
Latest: SOL (DU) portal for OBE Mar-Apr 2022 is available now.
DU SOL OBE Portal Login
Due to COVID-19, Delhi University (DU) is conducting the exam in Open Book Exam (OBE) model. Candidates can check the exam date sheet on the university websites sol.du.ac.in. The University uploads the date sheet in pdf format. Candidates appearing for the exam have to download the hall ticket online. Check the table for important links.
DU SOL OBE Portal – Step by Step for Using OBE Portal
Candidates can use the OBE portal for one time self-registration, downloading the question paper, tracking the time, and uploading the answers sheet. Check the step by step guide for using the SOL OBE Portal.
One Time Self Registration:
- Candidates appearing for the exam have to register on the DU portal. During registration process, candidates have to provide name, enrolment no. (optional), programme name, date of birth, exam roll no., registered email or mobile number.
- After the registration is over, candidates will recieve the password on registered email or mobile number. Candidates have to provide exam roll no and password to locate the test paper.
What to do on the day of the final OBE exam?:
- Login to the exam portal 30 mins prior to the start of exam.
- After login, a clock will display on the screen displaying the time left for opening the question paper.
- Read the instructions mentioned on the question paper.
- The question paper download button will display on the begining of exam. The question paper will be available on the portal at the commencement of exam as per the date sheet.
- Click on the download button to download the question paper. Take the print of the paper if required.
- If case of any issue while downloading the question paper, contact the college / department nodal officer to get the paper on e-mail or phone number. The college /department shall send the paper on email, phoe or whatsapp. However, candidates can use this option only in case of emergency.
- After downloading the question paper, time left for end of exam will display on the screen.
How to track the time?:
- The total duration of the OBE shall be of 04 hours (for all students except Divyaang) which will include 03 hours for answering the questions and one additional hour for IT related activities such as downloading the question paper, scanning and uploading the answer sheets. Additional 60 minutes for late submission.
- The total duration of examination for the Divyaang students shall be of 06 hours which will include 04 hours for answering the questions, 02 hour for IT related activities (downloading the question paper, scanning and uploading the answer sheets). Additional 60 minutes for late submission.
- Once the question paper is downloaded, the students will be allowed to upload the answer sheets within the stipulated time i.e. 04 hours for all students except Divyaang and 06 hours for Divyaang students.
- If uploading is not possible for any reason during the given time as mentioned above, students can take extra 60 minutes time to upload their scripts; however, all such submissions will be subject to scrutiny by a committee.
- Students can submit their script to the Nodal Officers by email only if the submission through portal is not possible (documentary evidence of none submission to the portal should be provided for such submissions). However, this option should be used only in case of extreme situation only. The students submitting the scripts through alternate medium i.e. other than OBE Portal may face delay in declaration of their results due to verification and validation process of submission.
How to Answer the OBE Question Paper?
- Students have to write the answers to the questions on A-4 size white papers in own handwriting (ruled or plain). Use black or blue pen only for writing the answers.
- Write the Name (Student Name), Program Name, Semester, Examination Roll Number, Unique Paper Code, Paper title, Date and Time of Examination on the first sheet used for answers.
- Students should use separate sheets to answer each question, since answer sheets are to be uploaded on the Portal question wise so that evaluation can be conducted smoothly.
How to Upload the OBE Answer Sheet?
To upload the DU SOL OBE answer sheet, students have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- The students have to scan the written pages of the answers question-wise (one PDF file for each question) and upload each file on the OBE portal.
- The size of each PDF file should not exceed 7MB.
- To upload the answer sheet, the student will log in to the exam portal and select the tab “Upload Answers”. Once the answer sheets are uploaded, no further changes can be made.
- In case if by mistake, a student uploads a wrong answer sheet she/he can make corrections with in the specified duration of the OBE i.e. four hours for students other than the Divyaang and six hours for Divyaang. However, once the answer sheets are submitted and the student logs out, no change in the uploaded answer sheet/s will be possible. Additional 60 minutes for late submission.
- The student shall be required to submit a declaration regarding UFM through the button provided on the portal before uploading of the scanned images of answer scripts.
General Guidelines for OBE
Students appearing for OBE must follow the general guidelines provided by the university.
- Discipline Specific Electives (DSE): The student shall appear in this paper/course based on alphabetical order. One paper should be attempted out of displayed papers on the portal (as per information filled in examination form) on one day of Examination as per the date sheet notified.
- Generic Electives (GE): The student shall appear in this paper/course as per date sheet notified and information given in Examination form.
- Skill Enhancement Course (SEC): The student shall appear in this paper/course as per date sheet notified and information given in Examination form.
- Duration of Examinations: Duration of Examinations is 3+1 Hours for all students except PWD(Divyang) category. For PWD students, the duration is 4+2 Hours. Additional 60 Minutes for late submission.
- Limit of uploading each file for answer scripts on the portal is 7 MB.
Official Website: www.sol.du.ac.in