Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) was established in the year 1998. It is located in Dwarka, New Delhi, India. GGSIPU offers various Under Graduate, Post Graduate, and PG Weekend programs, PG diplomas, Integrated courses, and Dual Degree and Doctoral Programmes. There are a total of 120 affiliated colleges or institutions and 12 schools on the University campus. The University is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC). Check out the page for Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU).
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)
It is an affiliating and teaching University that aims to facilitate and promote studies, research and extension work in emerging areas of higher education with a focus on professional education in the disciplines of engineering, technology, architecture, management, medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, education, law, journalism, and mass communication, etc. Have a quick look at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) from the table given below:
|Name||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University|
|Location||Dwarka, New Delhi, India|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, PG Weekend, PG Diploma, Integrated, Dual Degree and Doctoral Programmes|
GGSIPU Admission Process
Admission to GGSIPU is done through Common Entrance Test (CET) for various courses and MBA/FM/IB/FA courses, admission shall be based on Common Admission Test (CAT). Application forms are made available online on the official website. Interested candidates are advised to fill and submit the application form and fees on or before the last date.
GGSIPU has a total of 12 schools. The list of these campus schools is given below.
- University School of Information, Communication & Technology – The University School of Information, Communication & Technology has been established to design and implement courses with a twin objective of generating effective professionals and keeping pace with the R & D activities of this fast-emerging and changing field of Information & Communication Technology.
- University School of Chemical Technology – The B.Tech. /M.Tech. (Integrated) the program being offered by the school is based on the pattern of I.I.T.’s and other national and international institutions of repute.
- University School of Biotechnology – USBT was founded in 1999 to impart learner-oriented education, research, demonstration and dissemination of knowledge in biotechnology to the needs of a sustainable society.
- University School of Management Studies – University School of Management Studies (USMS) is an on-campus school of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The School is ranked 35th in the National Institutional Ranking Framework 2017 under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- University School of Environment Management – The University School of Environment Management was established in the year 1998. The School of Environment Management offers 02 years of Masters’s Programmes in Environment Management, Biodiversity and Conservation & Natural Resource Management.
- University School of Basic & Applied Sciences – Schools offer PhD in different disciplines of Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. The school is also running its own three programmes namely M.Tech Engineering Physics, M.Tech Nanoscience & Technology, and Post Graduate Diploma in Radiological Physics.
- University School of Humanities and Social Sciences – USHSS offers a Post Graduate program in M.A. (English). It also offers M.Phil. & PhD in English language & literature. It also offers need-based courses in communication skills and social sciences at the graduate and post-graduate levels to various University schools (s).
- University School of Law & Legal Studies – USLLS was established in the year 2001. It also offers LL.M, PhD and Post Doctoral research facilities in law.
- University School of Education – The University School of Education aims to facilitate studies in all emerging areas of Education such as Educational Management, Planning, and Finance, Teacher Education, Educational Technology, Inclusive Education, Distance Education, etc. It offers PhD, M.Ed. (Regular), B.Ed (offered through affiliated Institutions) and Advanced Diploma in Child Guidance and Counseling (offered by NIPCCD, an affiliated govt. organization).
- University School of Architecture and Planning – University School of Architecture and Planning offers a Bachelor’s Degree Program in Architecture (B.Arch), which is a five-year regular program.
- University School of Medicine and Paramedical Health Sciences – B.Sc. and M.Sc. nursing programs are run in 5 nursing colleges. In the realm of paramedical sciences, 8 undergraduate courses, 3 postgraduate diploma courses, and 9 postgraduate courses are being run in several medical institutions across Delhi.
- University School of Mass Communication – the GGSIPU management decided to upgrade the University Centre for Media Studies (UCMS) to the University School of Mass Communication (USMC) during the 2010-11 session.
GGSIPU Courses Offered
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University offers various Under Graduate, Post Graduate, and PG Weekend programs, PG diplomas, Integrated courses, Dual Degree and Doctoral Programmes. The list of these courses is mentioned below in the following table.
|Programmes Name||Courses Offered|
GGSIPU Affiliated Institutes
GGSIPU has 35 affiliated Government Institutes and 85 Self Financed Institutes for the academic session 2018-19. There are a total of 120 affiliated institutes. Check out the complete list of GGSIPU-affiliated colleges for the academic session 2018-19.
Affiliated Colleges- Click Here to check the list of affiliated colleges for the academic session 2018-19.
The University provides various facilities for the students, staff and guests. The list of these facilities is given below.
- Students Council
- Sports Activities
- NSS Cell
- Placement Cell
GGSIPU Contact Details
Official Website: ipu.ac.in