Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) was established in the year 1998. The University was formerly known as the Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology (IGIT). IGIT is located in Delhi, India. IGDTUW offers a total of 8 University Teaching Departments. Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate and PhD programs in various disciplines. Check out the page for Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW).
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW)
In 1998, IGDTUW was the first Engineering College for Women only. The objective of the Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology (IGIT) is to foster industry-relevant research and innovations and empower the women of our country through value-based higher education making them employable, self-reliant, and responsible citizens of the country with concern for the environment and society. Have a quick look at the Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) from the table given below:
|Name||Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women|
|Courses||UG, PG and PhD. Courses|
IGDTUW Admission Process
Admission to Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology shall be made based on a written test, i.e, Research Aptitude Test (RAT) or an interview or both as decided by the Admission Committee of the University. For some courses, admission shall be made based on marks obtained in the entrance test followed by counselling. The application form for admission is made available online at the official website. Desired candidates are advised to fill out the admission form in the prescribed format and submit it along with the application fee on or before the last date. No applications shall be accepted thereafter under any circumstances.
IGDTUW Academic Calendar
The University provides an academic calendar for both odd and even semesters for various courses. Check out the academic calendar for various courses for the session 2022-23 from the following pdf.
- Click here for the academic calendar 2022-23.
IGDTUW offers 8 University Teaching Departments. Check out the teaching departments of the University from the following.
- Department of Applied Sciences & Humanities – The Applied Sciences Department constitutes eight highly qualified faculties of respective subjects. The department has two well-equipped laboratories of Applied Chemistry/ Environmental Studies and Applied Physics with trained staff.
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering – The Computer Science and Engineering Department is the most versatile department of the college and caters to the needs of other departments as well.
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering – The department offers subjects like basic electronics, EMT theory, communications, VLSI, microwave engg., digital signal processing, optical communications, advanced microprocessor, and other related subjects.
- Department of Information Technology – This department aims to emerge as a centre of excellence in leveraging information technology to stimulate the exchange and creation of knowledge for the intellectual, social, political, moral and material development of society.
- Department of Architecture and Planning – The Department of Architecture and Planning started in 2015.
- Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering – The department has well-equipped laboratories in related fields and students are exposed to various modern equipment in the area of mechanical and automation.
- Department of Management – The Department is currently running a BBA course since 2019 and a two-year full-time MBA course from the Academic Session 2020-21 in order to cater to the growing industry need for Management graduates along with technical background.
- Department of Artificial and Data Science – Newly established in 2020, the Department of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science (AI&DS) aims to focus on a four-tiered strategy of Education, Research, Development and Innovation (ERDI Strategy) in the field of AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Sciences.
IGDTUW Courses Offered
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate and PhD programs in various disciplines under 8 teaching departments. Check out the table for courses offered by the University.
|UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAMMES|
|Name of Programme||Specialization||Duration||Department|
|B.Tech.||Computer Science Engineering||4 yrs||CSE|
|B.Tech.||Computer Science Engineering (Artificial Intelligence)||4 yrs||AI & DS|
|B.Tech.||Information Technology||4 yrs||IT|
|B.Tech.||AI & ML||4 yrs||IT|
|B.Tech.||Electronics and Communications Engineering||4 yrs||ECE|
|B.Tech.||Electronics and Communications Engineering (Artificial Intelligence)||4 yrs||ECE|
|B.Tech.||Mechanical and Automation Engineering||4 yrs||MAE|
|B.Tech.(MAE) + M.B.A.||Dual Degree||6 yrs||MAE and MGMT|
|POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES|
|Name of Programme||Specialization||Duration||Department|
|M.Tech.||IT (Cyber Security)||2 yrs||IT|
|M.Tech.||CSE (Artificial Intelligence)||2 yrs||CSE|
|M.Tech.||(Artificial Intelligence & Data Science)||2 yrs||AI & DS|
|M.Tech.||ECE (VLSI Design)||2 yrs||ECE|
|M.Tech.||Robotics and Artificial Intelligence||2 yrs||MAE|
|M.C.A.||Computer Applications||2 yrs||IT|
|M.Plan.||Urban Planning||2 yrs||A&P|
|M.B.A.||Business Administration||2 yrs||MGMT|
|Ph.D.||• Ph.D in Computer Science Engineering|
• Ph.D in Information Technology
• Ph.D in Computer Applications
• Ph.D in Mechanical and Automation
• Ph.D in Electrical Engineering
• Ph.D in Electronics and Communication
• Ph.D in Architecture and Planning
• Ph.D in Physics
• Ph.D in Chemistry
• Ph.D in English
• Ph.D in Mathematics
The University provides facilities for the students, staff, faculties and guests. Check out the list of these facilities from the following.
- Library – Learning Resource Centre (LRC) serves as the premier source of academic information for the IGDTU community through its collections, educational and consulting services. The LRC has a highly selective collection of print, electronic, and audiovisual materials in the areas of science, engineering, technology and management to support the learning and research activities of students and faculty.
- Dispensary – The dispensary is equipped with over-the-counter medications, a bed to rest in, medical equipment, physical screening tools, and first aid supplies. The dispensary is having all emergency facilities like oxygen, Nebuliser along with arrangements for minor surgical equipment.
- Computer Centre – The university has an on-campus computing facility (computer lab) housed in centralized air-conditioned premises, named as “Computer Center”. Computer Center at the University is equipped with the newly procured Computer Systems with a high-end configuration. Each computer (HP 8000 SFF series) runs an Intel Core i5-650 3.2 GHz processor aptly supported with a 4GB RAM and hard disk space of 320 GB.
- Bank – The University provides a bank facility for the students. The Punjab and Sind bank is available on the university premises.
- Guest House – The guest house within the campus has limited accommodation for the staying purpose of individuals visiting the campus. The rooms are comfortable with all the modern facilities available.
- Common Room – The university has a common room for girls, equipped with fitness equipment, a yoga facility, and indoor games.
- Hostels – The University has two women hostels – Krishna Hostel and Kaveri Hostel, to accommodate approximately 340 students. These two hostels are located on the University campus. The hostels provide a safe, secure and clean environment for the students to grow, learn and mature in society away from their own homes.
IGDTUW Contact Details
Name: Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women
Location: Madrasa Road, Opposite St. James Church, Kashmere Gate, Delhi, India – 110006
Phone No.: 011- 23900261, 23900264
Official Website: www.igdtuw.ac.in