Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) was established in the year 1998. The University was formerly known as the Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology (IGIT). IGIT is located in Delhi, India. IGDTUW offers a total of six University Teaching Departments. Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate and PhD programs in various disciplines. Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology provides 14 University societies for the students. The University also provides six scholarship schemes for the students. Check out the page for Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW).
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW)
In 1998, IGDTUW was the first Engineering College for Women only. The objective of the Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology (IGIT) is to foster industry-relevant research and innovations and empower the women of our country through value-based higher education making them employable, self-reliant, and responsible citizens of the country with concern for the environment and society. Have a quick look at the Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) from the table given below:
|Name||Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women|
|Courses||UG, PG and PhD. Courses|
IGDTUW Admission Process
Admission to Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology shall be made based on a written test, i.e, Research Aptitude Test (RAT) or an interview or both as decided by the Admission Committee of the University. For some courses, admission shall be made based on marks obtained in the entrance test followed by counselling. The application form for admission is made available online at the official website. Desired candidates are advised to fill out the admission form in the prescribed format and submit it along with the application fee on or before the last date. No applications shall be accepted thereafter under any circumstances.
IGDTUW Academic Calendar
The University provides an academic calendar for both odd and even semesters for various courses. Check out the academic calendar for various courses for the session 2019-2020 from the following pdf.
IGDTUW provides various scholarships for students. There are seven scholarships provided by the University. Check out the list of these University scholarships from the following.
- GE Scholarship award
- DLF Foundation Scholarship
- Kalpana Chawla award
- IEEE Best student volunteer and WIE volunteer awards
- J.K. Paul memorial award
- TCS Best student award
- Teaching cum Research Fellowship
IGDTUW offers six University Teaching Departments. Check out the teaching departments of the University from the following.
- Department of Applied Sciences & Humanities – The Applied Sciences Department constitutes eight highly qualified faculties of respective subjects. The department has two well-equipped laboratories of Applied Chemistry/ Environmental Studies and Applied Physics with trained staff.
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering – The Computer Science and Engineering Department is the most versatile department of the college and caters to the needs of other departments as well.
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering – The department offers subjects like basic electronics, EMT theory, communications, VLSI, microwave engg., digital signal processing, optical communications, advanced microprocessor, and other related subjects.
- Department of Information Technology – This department aims to emerge as a centre of excellence in leveraging information technology to stimulate the exchange and creation of knowledge for the intellectual, social, political, moral and material development of society.
- Department of Architecture and Planning – The Department of Architecture and Planning started in 2015.
- Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering – The department has well-equipped laboratories in related fields and students are exposed to various modern equipment in the area of mechanical and automation.
IGDTUW Courses Offered
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate and PhD programs in various disciplines under six teaching departments. Check out the table for courses offered by the University.
|Name of the Department||Courses Offered|
|Computer Science and Engineering||B. Tech (CSE)|
M.Tech(Mobile & Pervasive Computing)
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||B.Tech (ECE)|
|Information Technology||B.Tech (IT)|
Master of Computer Application(MCA)
M.Tech(Information Security Management)
M.Tech(Information and Communication Technology) – Part Time
|Mechanical and Automation Engineering||B.Tech (MAE)|
M.Tech(Robotics and Automation)
|Applied Sciences & Humanities||B.Tech|
|Architecture and Planning||B. Architecture|
IGDTUW Fee Structure
Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology provides the fee structure for various courses offered by the University. Check out the fee structure for the session 2018-19 from the following.
IGDTUW provides 14 societies for the students to enhance their skills. Check out the list of these University societies from the following.
- Antargat- Creative Society – The society is initiated to collect like-minded individuals who have a different perspective to waste and an eye for creative modelling of the same. The Ideation of the society is to recycle, remodel, and reuse Waste from the university and likewise, put the condemnation process to a new visionary outcome. Registrations will open in July 2018.
- Technoliterati – The Literary Society – Technoliterati is the literary society of IGDTUW. It envisions the amalgamation of creativity and technology.
- The Economics Society – The Economics Society, a virtual forum to make students more comfortable with topics such as stock market, share market, bonds and debentures, was started by Shailaja Gupta, from the batch of 2009-13, ECE Department.
- Taarangana – The Cultural Society – The cultural society aimed at providing entertainment and a platform to the students.
- Green sphere – The Green sphere society at IGDTUW came into existence with a vision to protect and conserve the environment by taking the Green route.
- SPIC MACAY Chapter – Society for the Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture Amongst Youth (SPIC MACAY) is a voluntary movement founded in 1977 by Dr Kiran Seth. The movement incorporates the vitality of the youngsters to cajole them into being the custodian of what is their birthright, namely their heritage, roots, and identity.
- Tarannum – Tarannum, the music society of IGDTUW came into existence with a vision to facilitate musical talent in the University in September 2016 with a 7 member student core team. The society has three different music ensembles, namely the Band, Indian Choir and Western Choir who work hand in hand.
- ZENA – Fashion Society – Zena – the fashion society of IGDTUW was founded in the year 2013.
- Rotary Club-IGDTUW – The Rotary club-IGDTUW is the student body representation of Rotary International at Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women. This society aims at women’s empowerment through social service.
- Synergy – Synergy Sports Club, IGDTUW is a platform for all Sports amateurs and professionals to come to live the thrill they feel while running, kicking the ball, smashing a shuttle etc. The club focuses on promoting participation in sports and inculcating the spirit of sportswoman ships among the students.
- RAHNUMA-Dramatics Society – A team of enthusiastic and hardworking students who share a common passion for the theatre, the members of Rahnuma always leave the spectators spellbound with their energetic performances.
- HYPNOTICS Dance Society – The Dance Society literally hypnotizes every student of the University with its ever-growing charm. It has brought laurels to the University like none other.
- INSTINCT: The Peer Educators and Life Skills society – Instinct is the first Peer Educators and Life Skills Society of IGDTUW which was initiated in July 2016. The main objective of society is to help peers change mindsets, question social norms and explore themselves. The tagline of the society is Define your own Ideal which focuses on finding yourself and your principles rather than following the ones set up by society.
- B.H.A.V (Behold an Architect’s View)- The Role Play Society of IGDTUW – The main aim of the society is to provide a platform that brings within the education curriculum, social issues, and challenges.
IGDTUW Training and Placement Cell
IGDTUW provides the Training and Placement Cell facility for the students. The Training and Placement Cell facilitates the campus recruitment program at IGDTUW. The cell comprises a highly energetic and dynamic team of students and faculty members of the University. The team is consistently striving to enhance the quality and quantity of the placements at the University. The University T&P Cell facilitates nearly 100% placements with multiple jobs offered to the students of IGDTUW year after year. During the recruitment drive, around 49 companies visit the campus every year. Check out the placement statistics for the session 2018-19 from the table given below.
Placement Statistics 2018-19
|Company Name||Number of Students Placed|
|Coding Blocks 1||01|
|Deutsche Bank 3||03|
|GE Digital 9||09|
|GE Edison 3||03|
|Orange Business Services||03|
|Mahindra and Mahindra||01|
|Suez water technology and solutions||01|
The University provides facilities for the students, staff, faculties and guests. Check out the list of these facilities from the following.
- Library – Learning Resource Centre (LRC) serves as the premier source of academic information for the IGDTU community through its collections, educational and consulting services. The LRC has a highly selective collection of print, electronic, and audiovisual materials in the areas of science, engineering, technology and management to support the learning and research activities of students and faculty.
- Dispensary – The dispensary is equipped with over-the-counter medications, a bed to rest in, medical equipment, physical screening tools, and first aid supplies. The dispensary is having all emergency facilities like oxygen, Nebuliser along with arrangements for minor surgical equipment.
- Computer Centre – The university has an on-campus computing facility (computer lab) housed in centralized air-conditioned premises, named as “Computer Center”. Computer Center at the University is equipped with the newly procured Computer Systems with a high-end configuration. Each computer (HP 8000 SFF series) runs an Intel Core i5-650 3.2 GHz processor aptly supported with a 4GB RAM and hard disk space of 320 GB.
- Bank – The University provides a bank facility for the students. The Punjab and Sind bank is available on the university premises.
- Guest House – The guest house within the campus has limited accommodation for the staying purpose of individuals visiting the campus. The rooms are comfortable with all the modern facilities available.
- Common Room – The university has a common room for girls, equipped with fitness equipment, a yoga facility, and indoor games.
- Hostels – The University has two women hostels – Krishna Hostel and Kaveri Hostel, to accommodate approximately 340 students. These two hostels are located on the University campus. The hostels provide a safe, secure and clean environment for the students to grow, learn and mature in society away from their own homes.
IGDTUW Contact Details
Name: Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women
Location: Madrasa Road, Opposite St. James Church, Kashmere Gate, Delhi, India – 110006
Phone No.: 011- 23900261, 23900264
Official Website: www.igdtuw.ac.in