Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya (IKSV) was established in the year 1956. It is located in Khairagarh, Chhattisgarh, India. IKSV offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Diploma, Research and Certificate programmes. The University also offers 22 Teaching Departments under the five faculties namely Music, Dance, Folk Music & Arts, Visual Arts and Arts. IKSV is the Asias first University which is fully dedicated to various forms of Music, Dance, Fine Arts and Theatre. Check out the page for Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya (IKSV).
Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya (IKSV)
There are a total of 14 colleges affiliated to Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya. IKSV provides various facilities for the students, staff, faculties and guests like ATM, Auditorium, Canteen, Guest House, Health & Fitness, Hostels, etc. Have a quick look at Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya (IKSV) from the table given below:
|Name||Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya|
|Location||Khairagarh, Chhattisgarh, India|
|Courses||UG, PG, Diploma, Research and Certificate Programmes|
IKSV Admission Process
The admission in IKSV is based on the marks obtained in the aptitude test conducted by the University. The application forms are made available online at the official website. Interested students are advised to fill and submit the application forms on or before the last date. After the due date, no applications shall be accepted under any circumstances. Students also need to pay the application fee on time. After successful submission of admission form, the applicant must attend the aptitude test to get admission in concerned course.
IKSV Academic Calendar
IKSV provides the academic calendar every year on the official website of the University. The link to check the complete details regarding the academic calendar for session 2019-20 is given below.
Academic Calendar: Click Here to check the academic calendar for the session 2019-20.
The University has following five faculties. These faculties offers following 22 University Teaching Departments. Check out the list of these faculties and their teaching departments from the table given below.
|Name of the Faculty||Name of the Department|
|Faculty of Music||Vocal Music|
Physics of Sound
|Faculty of Dance||Kathak Dance|
|Faculty of Folk Music & Arts||Folk Music & Arts|
|Faculty of Visual Arts||Paintings|
Craft and Design
Arts and Aesthetics
|Faculty of Arts||English|
Ancient Indian History
IKSV offers a total of 22 University Teaching Departments under the faculty of Music, Dance, Folk Music & Arts, Visual Arts and Arts. Check out the list of these teaching departments from the following.
- Department of Vocal Music – The Department was established in 1956 and is engaged in teaching different styles of Hindustani Vocal Music. Department primarily offers Under Graduate B.A. and B.A. (Hons.) and Post Graduate M.A. programmes. Apart from above, the department also provides research opportunities in the field of Music through M. Phil., Ph. D. and D. Lit. programs.
- Department of String Instruments – The department was established in the early 70s. The Department of Instrumental Music (String) is the prime department under the faculty of Music in Central India imparting musical knowledge in Instruments like Violin, Sitar and Sarod. The department offers comprehensive education in Violin, Sitar, and Sarod from undergraduate to postgraduate programs. Research is encouraged through M.Phil, Ph.D. and D.lit programs.
- Department of Karnatak Music – The department of Karnatic Music offers teaching in under-graduate B.P.A. program and Post Graduate (M.A.) level courses in Karnatic Vocal and Violin. Research opportunities are made available through Ph.D. and D.Lit programs.
- Department of Physics of Sound – The department supports the students of music for a part of their studies in music theory. The department is well equipped with audiovisual recording equipment.
- Department of Kathak Dance -Established in the year 1956, the Department of Kathak is one of the oldest Department of the University. The department offers learning experience through various Under Graduate B.A. & B.A. Hons. programs and Post Graduate M.A. level courses. The department also offers research activities through M. Phil., Ph. D. and D. Litt. programs.
- Department of Odissi Dance – The department was established in the year 2014. It is the new Department under the Faculty of Dance. The Department has introduced two Under Graduate B.A. & B.A. Hons., Post Graduate M.A. and Diploma Courses Prathama, Madhayama, Vid & Kovid. in Odissi dance form.
- Department of Bharatnatyam – The department was established in the year 1971. The department offers two types of UG courses B.A. & B.A. Hons., one PG course M.A., along with research programs M.Phil., Ph. D & D. Litt.
- Department of Paintings – The department was established in the year 1973. It offers Under Graduate B.F.A. and Post Graduate M.F.A. programs. The research work on Indian Contemporary and Western Art forms is encouraged through Ph. D. and D. Litt. Programmes.
- Department of Graphics – Graphic Arts is widely known as Printmaking and an established art form in the field of visual arts. The Department of Graphics (Print Making) was established in 1989. The Department of Graphics offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate Program.
- Department of Sculpture – The department was established in the year 1988. The department offers theoretical as well as practical aspects which include Ancient history of Art, the modern history of Art, Indian and western Aesthetics and Iconography, Modern Indian and western sculpture. The department offers undergraduate B.F.A. and Post Graduate M.F.A. programs.
- Department of Craft and Design – It was established in the year 2013. The Department of Craft & Design offers graduate-level Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) program in Textile Design & Fashion Design.
- Department of Arts and Aesthetics – The Department was established in the year 2013. This department has students of visual art faculty (Undergraduate and Postgraduate Painting, Sculpture, Graphics).
- Department of English – The Department of English was established in 1971. It provides teaching of English Literature and English Language to the students of BPA, BFA, and B.Voc.
- Department of Lifelong Learning – This department provides 3 months and 6 months courses.
- Department of Theatre – The department was established in September 2006. It offers UG, PG, Ph.D. & D.Litt. courses in Theatre and also includes Film Studies.
- Department of Yoga – Yoga Centre gives knowledge of various forms of Pranayamas and Asanas useful in building muscular and developing mental strength. The centre is also running diploma and a six month certificate course in Yoga.
- Department of Language Lab – The Language Lab is established with the aim to develop language proficiency in the students and research scholars of the University.
- Department of Percussion Instruments
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Ancient Indian History
- Department of Folk Music & Arts
IKSV Courses Offered
Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Diploma, Research and Certificate programmes. Check out the list of courses offered in the University Teaching Department from the table given below.
|Programme Name||Courses Offered|
|Under Graduate||Bachelor of Performing Arts (B.P.A.)|
Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.)
Bachelor of Vocational Design (B.Voc.)
|Post Graduate||M.A. Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archeology|
|Diploma||Diploma in Vocal|
Diploma in Light Music
Diploma in Folk Music
Diploma in Visual Arts
Diploma in Sanskrit
Diploma in English
Diploma in Hindi
IKSV Affiliated Colleges
IKSV has following 14 affiliated colleges. Check out the list of these affiliated colleges from the following.
- Acharya Bhatkhande Sangeet Mahavidyalaya, Vitthal Nagar, Prakash Nagar (West), Maharastra
- Akriti Institute of Fine Arts
- Bengal Fine Arts College
- Bhatkhande Sangeet Mahavidyalaya
- College of Visual Arts
- Institute of Fine Arts
- Kamaladevi Sangeet Mahavidyalaya
- Natyaveda College of Performing Arts
- Navsadhana Kala Kendra
- Rajendra Kala Sangeet Mahavidyalaya
- Shri Ram Sangeet Mahavidyalaya
- Tecnia Institute Of Fine Arts & Design
- V. N. Bhatkhande Sangeet Mahavidyalaya
- Government Divyang College
The University provides various facilities for the students, staff, faculties and guests. Check out the list of facilities provided by the University from the following.
- ATM – Bank of Maharashtra ATM is located on the main entrance of the University.
- Auditorium – Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya of Khairagarh has a proven legacy of success in Performing and Visual Arts. The University has three distinct Auditoriums – The Durbar Hall, Raja Birendra Bahadur Singh Ji Hall and Rani Padmavati Devi Auditorium for Theatre Arts.
- Canteen – The University has one canteen inside the campus serving hygienic food to all. It serves snacks and beverages.
- Computer Centre – The Computer Centre also the Knowledge Network of the University is providing of 100-Mbps internet connectivity under National Knowledge Network (NKN) Project via Local Area Network (LAN) and Wi-Fi in the University.
- Guest Houses – University has 3 Guest Houses with a total of 14 Rooms. Guest House provides stay to the guest of the university visiting for various purposes.
- Health and Fitness – The University also has a Fitness Gym equipped with basic fitness equipment.
- Hostels – The University has separate hostels for boys and girls within the campus. Hostels have separate mess serving hygienic food. Apart from the above students have common rooms and other recreational facilities available in the campus. The hostels are controlled by the warden of the respective hostels.
- Raja Ravindra Bahadur Museum – The University has a museum which is associated with the Department of Ancient Indian History Culture & Archeology. The museum has several archaeological remains and art pieces depicting the vividly rich culture of Dakshin Kosala.
- Recording Studios – The recording studio of the university is a center that provides facilities for recording music. It is acoustic studio equipped with adequate facilities and equipment.
IKSV Contact Details
Name: Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya
Location: Khairagarh, Rajnandgaon, Chhattisgarh, India – 491 881
Phone No.: +91-782-023-4232
Official Website: www.iksv.ac.in