Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya (IKSV) was established in the year 1956. It is located in Khairagarh, Chhattisgarh, India. IKSV offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Diploma, Research and Certificate programmes. The University have five faculties namely Music, Dance, Folk Music & Arts, Visual Arts and Arts. IKSV is the Asia’s first University which is fully dedicated to various forms of Music, Dance, Fine Arts and Theatre. Check out the page for Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya (IKSV).
Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya (IKSV)
There are a total of 13 colleges affiliated to Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya. IKSV provides various facilities for the students, staff, faculties and guests like ATM, Auditorium, Canteen, Guest House, Health & Fitness, Hostels, etc. Have a quick look at Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya (IKSV) from the table given below:
|Name||Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya|
|Location||Khairagarh, Chhattisgarh, India|
|Courses||UG, PG, Diploma, Research and Certificate Programmes|
IKSV Admission Process
The admission in IKSV is based on the marks obtained in the aptitude test conducted by the University. The application forms are made available online at the official website. Interested students are advised to fill and submit the application forms on or before the last date. After the due date, no applications shall be accepted under any circumstances. Students also need to pay the application fee on time. After successful submission of admission form, the applicant must attend the aptitude test to get admission in concerned course.
IKSV Academic Calendar
IKSV provides the academic calendar every year on the official website of the University. The link to check the complete details regarding the academic calendar for session 2022-23 is given below.
Academic Calendar: Click Here to check the academic calendar for the session 2022-23.
The University has following five faculties. These faculties offers following 22 University Teaching Departments. Check out the list of these faculties and their teaching departments from the table given below.
|Name of the Faculty||Name of the Department|
|Faculty of Music||Vocal Music|
Physics of Sound
|Faculty of Dance||Kathak Dance|
|Faculty of Folk Music & Arts||Folk Music & Arts|
|Faculty of Visual Arts||Paintings|
Craft and Design
Arts and Aesthetics
|Faculty of Arts||English|
Ancient Indian History
IKSV Courses Offered
Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Diploma, Research and Certificate programmes. Check out the list of courses offered in the University Teaching Department from the table given below.
|Programme Name||Courses Offered|
|Under Graduate||Bachelor of Performing Arts (B.P.A.)|
Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.)
Bachelor of Vocational Design (B.Voc.)
|Post Graduate||M.A. / M.F.A|
M.A. Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archeology
|Diploma||Diploma in Vocal|
Diploma in Light Music
Diploma in Folk Music
Diploma in Visual Arts
Diploma in Sanskrit
Diploma in English
Diploma in Hindi
IKSV Affiliated Colleges
IKSV has following 13 affiliated colleges. Check out the list of these affiliated colleges from the following.
- Acharya Bhatkhande Sangeet Mahavidyalaya, Vitthal Nagar, Prakash Nagar (West), Maharastra
- Bengal Fine Arts College
- Bhatkhande Sangeet Mahavidyalaya
- College of Visual Arts
- Institute of Fine Arts
- Kamaladevi Sangeet Mahavidyalaya
- Natyaveda College of Performing Arts
- Navsadhana Kala Kendra
- Rajendra Kala Sangeet Mahavidyalaya
- Shri Ram Sangeet Mahavidyalaya
- Tecnia Institute Of Fine Arts & Design
- V. N. Bhatkhande Sangeet Mahavidyalaya
- Government Divyang College
The University provides various facilities for the students, staff, faculties and guests. Check out the list of facilities provided by the University from the following.
- ATM – Bank of Maharashtra ATM is located on the main entrance of the University.
- Auditorium – Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya of Khairagarh has a proven legacy of success in Performing and Visual Arts. The University has three distinct Auditoriums – The Durbar Hall, Raja Birendra Bahadur Singh Ji Hall and Rani Padmavati Devi Auditorium for Theatre Arts.
- Canteen – The University has one canteen inside the campus serving hygienic food to all. It serves snacks and beverages.
- Computer Centre – The Computer Centre also the Knowledge Network of the University is providing of 100-Mbps internet connectivity under National Knowledge Network (NKN) Project via Local Area Network (LAN) and Wi-Fi in the University.
- Guest Houses – University has 3 Guest Houses with a total of 14 Rooms. Guest House provides stay to the guest of the university visiting for various purposes.
- Health and Fitness – The University also has a Fitness Gym equipped with basic fitness equipment.
- Hostels – The University has separate hostels for boys and girls within the campus. Hostels have separate mess serving hygienic food. Apart from the above students have common rooms and other recreational facilities available in the campus. The hostels are controlled by the warden of the respective hostels.
- Raja Ravindra Bahadur Museum – The University has a museum which is associated with the Department of Ancient Indian History Culture & Archeology. The museum has several archaeological remains and art pieces depicting the vividly rich culture of Dakshin Kosala.
- Recording Studios – The recording studio of the university is a center that provides facilities for recording music. It is acoustic studio equipped with adequate facilities and equipment.
IKSV Contact Details
Name: Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya
Location: Khairagarh, Rajnandgaon, Chhattisgarh, India – 491 881
Phone No.: +91-782-023-4232
Official Website: www.iksv.ac.in