Jamia Millia Islamia was established in 1920 by a group of nationalist Muslim intelligentsia at Aligarh (Uttar Pradesh). Its campus shifted from Aligarh to Delhi in 1925 and the foundation stone of the present campus was laid on March 01, 1930. JMI offers UG, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Certificate, School and Doctoral programmes. The University also offers 09 faculties and 39 University Teaching Departments. It also provides Distance Education Learning and its programmes. Check out the page for Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI).
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI)
The University Grants Commission (UGC) bestowed the deemed university status to it in 1962, and it was designated a Central University in 1988.
JMI has the following 09 faculties. Check out the same from the following.
- Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Humanities and Languages
- Faculty of Social Sciences
The University offers 39 teaching departments. Check out the University Teaching Departments from the following.
JMI have 07 University Schools. Check out the same from the following.
- Balak Mata Centres
- Gerda Philipsborn Day Care Centre
- Jamia Girls Senior Secondary School
- Jamia Middle School
- Jamia Senior Secondary School
- Mushir Fatma Jamia Nursery School
- Syed Abid Husain Senior Secondary School
JMI School Programme
JMI Schools offers various programmes which are mentioned below.
- Jamia Girls Sr. Sec. School, IX
- Jamia Girls Sr. Sec. School, XI Arts
- Jamia Girls Sr. Sec. School, XI Science
- Jamia Middle School: I
- Jamia Middle School: II
- Jamia Middle School: V
- Jamia Middle School: VI
- Jamia Sr. Sec. School Morning Shift: IX
- Jamia Sr. Sec. School Morning Shift: XI Arts
- Jamia Sr. Sec. School Morning Shift: XI Commerce
- Jamia Sr. Sec. School Morning Shift: XI Science
- Mushir Fatma Jamia Nursery School: Dareecha KG-I
- Syed Abid Husain Sr. Sec. School: I
- Syed Abid Husain Sr. Sec. School: IX
- Syed Abid Husain Sr. Sec. School: Prep
- Syed Abid Husain Sr. Sec. School: VI
- Syed Abid Husain Sr. Sec. School: XI Arts
- Syed Abid Husain Sr. Sec. School: XI Commerce
- Syed Abid Husain Sr. Sec. School: XI Science
JMI Training and Placement
JMI also provides Training and Placement for all the students for the betterment of their career. Check out the placement offers and recruiters of different courses from the following.
Total number of students appearing for campus placements: 354
Total Offers made: 379
Top Recruiters: TCS and HCL Technologies
Highest Package: 7.84 Lakhs per Annum (Adobe)
The first half of the placement season saw more of Consulting and Engineering based profiles recruitments. Consulting based jobs were the most popular. Firms like TCS, HCL, and Aricent offered jobs in technical consulting profiles. Also, a number of students opted for jobs based on their stream of engineering studies. A detailed analysis is given as follows.
Civil Engineering –
Best Recruiter: NKG Infrastructures. They hired 20 students.
Unitech – 9
Design Insure Private Limited – 6
SMEC, ACC (Concrete), Era Group, Simplexinfra – 3 offers each.
BGR Energy 4
Hayat Communications 6
More by L&T, Nagarjuna, Durham Construction, Synergy Property Development Services Private Limited, Action Bridge Gap Construction Private Limited, TCIL, Amfah Infrastructure, Triveni Engineering and Industries Limited, Mottmac and Jacobs HVAC Groups
Computer Science and Engineering –
This batch got the highest number of offers 112. The total companies that recruited CSE students were 16.
Best recruiter TCS. They hired 36 students.
HCL Technologies – 19
Aricent Technology – 9
Samsung Engineering Labs – 7
JK Technosoft, Protiviti, Tejas Networks Ltd., TCIL, Comviva Technologies each made a couple of offers. Aon Hewitt, Kothari, Headstrong, CSC, N Vidia, and Sapient were other major recruiters.
Electrical Engineering –
Best Recruiters – TCS and Accenture. They hired a total of 31 students
Bombay suburban electricity supply (core electrical company) – 7
SMEC – 2 (for their consultancy roles)
NKG Infrastructure Limited – 8
HCL Technologies, Hayat Communications, Mahindra & Mahindra, NKG Infrastructure Limited, ACC (Cement), Blue Star, Design Ensure Private Limited and Wind Moller & Holscher India Pvt. Ltd. etc recruited in large numbers as well.
Electronics and Communication Engineering –
Best Recruiter TCS. They made 37 offers
HCL Technologies 17
Sapient – 7
Aricent Technologies, Aon Hewitt, Blue Star, CSC, Siemens Limited, Valdel Engineers and Constructors Private Limited, Comviva Technologies, and Zia Semiconductors were other major companies that showed excellent placement record this year.
Mechanical Engineering –
Best recruiter – Maruti Suzuki India Limited (Indias Largest Car Manufacturer). They made 5 offers Others
INDIAN NAVY 1
Mahindra & Mahindra – 6 (for their Research and development roles)
TCS – 6 (for its consulting and technical roles)
ACC (Concrete), Escorts, L&T Chennai, Honda, Lurgi, Synergy Property Development Services Pvt. Ltd., ACC (Cement), Blue Star India Limited, Cummins India, Fleet Guard, Design Ensure Private Ltd, Raulunds Braking Private Limited, Lanco Infratech, Eco Labs, Triveni Engineering and Industries Limited, Asia Motorworks, BGR energy, Valdel Engineers and Constructors Private Limited, etc.
JMI has the following University Centres. Check out the same from the following.
Centres created through statute 22 –
- A.J.K. Mass Communication Research Centre
Centres created through statute 22-A –
- Dr Zakir Husain Institute of Islamic Studies
- FTK-Centre for Information Technology
- MMAJ Academy of International Studies
- Centre for Distance and Open Learning
- Centre for Management Studies
- Nelson Mandela Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Centre for Jawaharlal Nehru Studies
- Centre for Comparative Religions and Civilizations
- Centre for West Asian Studies
- Dr K.R. Narayanan Centre for Dalit and Minorities Studies
- Centre for Spanish and Latin American Studies
- Academy of Professional Development of Urdu Medium Teachers
- Centre for Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Centre for North East Studies and Policy Research
- Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Centre for Theoretical Physics
- India – Arab Cultural Centre
- Centre for Culture Media & Governance
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Basic Sciences
Other Centres –
- Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy
- Central Instrumentation Facility
- UGC-Human Resource Development Centre
- Centre for Coaching and Career Planning
- Jamia’s Premchand Archives & Literary Centre
- Sarojini Naidu Centre for Women’s Studies
- University Counseling & Guidance Centre
- Centre for Early Childhood Development and Research
- Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Multidisciplinary Centre for Advanced Research and Studies
Various facilities are provided for the students, staff, faculties and guests. Check out the same from the following.
- Health care Unit
- Guest House
JMI Contact Details
Name: Jamia Millia Islamia
Location: Jamia Nagar, New Delhi, India – 110025
Phone No.: +91(11)26981717, 26984617, 26984658, 26988044, 26987183
Fax: +91(11)2698 0229
Official Website: www.jmi.ac.in