Kannada University, Hampi was established in 1991 by the Government of Karnataka through the Kannada University Act 1991. The University is accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade and is located near Hampi, Karnataka. Kannada University is unique in terms of language, in terms of the definition of knowledge, in terms of jurisdiction and terms of purpose. This University doesn’t have a regional and disciplinary jurisdiction, unlike other universities. Kannada University offers various UG, PG, Diploma, Ph.D., MA Ph.D., M.Phil., and D.Lit. programmes. There are four faculties which are divided into various teaching departments. Read the article to know more about Kannada University, Hampi.
Kannada University, Hampi
Adhyayananga of Kannada University executes the prominent function of conducting the examination. It holds the responsibility of managing all the academic courses of the university, review of Research projects, entrance for the courses, registration, conducting the classes, examination and other academic activities. Have a quick look at Kannada University, Hampi from the table mentioned below:
|Name||Kannada University, Hampi|
|Location||Vidyaranya, Hospet, Bellary, Karnataka, India|
|Courses||UG, PG, Diploma, Ph.D., M.A.Ph.D., M.Phil., D.Lit.|
Admission Process in Kannada University, Hampi
Admission in Kannada University, Hampi is based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination as per the norms. The process of admission notification will be given in June, entrance examination in July, oral interviews and entrance in August, and registration procedures will be followed. The entrance application forms and admission application forms both are available online at the official website of the University.
Through entrance exam candidates are selected for Ph.D., M.Phil., and MA PhD programmes. A merit list is prepared based candidates who score 50% and above marks (for SC/ST students 45%). Applications for the research programs offered by the university are invited both in the newspaper and also in the Kannada University website, i.e, kannadauniversity.org. The date of the entrance exam, list of qualified candidates and result will be communicated on the official website.
Kannada University, Hampi Faculties
The University offers 04 types of faculties. These faculties are listed below in the table:
|Name of the Faculty||Name of the Deapartments|
|Faculty of Language||Department of Kannada Literature Studies|
Department of Kannada Language Studies
Department of Dravidian Studies
Department of Translation Studies
Department of Manuscriptology
Department of Women Studies
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Department of History|
Ancient History and Archaeology
Department of Folklore Studies
Department of Epigraphy
Department of Tribal Studies
Department of Development Studies
Department of Anthropology
Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
|Faculty of Fine Arts||Department of Visual Arts|
Department of Music and Dance
Department of Painting And Sculpture
Department of Drama
|Faculty of Science||Department of Science|
Courses Offered in Kannada University, Hampi
Kannada University, Hampi offers U.G., P.G., M.Phil., Research, Diploma/ P.G. Diploma, Ph.D/ MA Ph.D. courses. Check out the courses offered at Kannada University, Hampi from the table given below:
|Programmes Name||Courses Name|
|Under Graduate|| Bachelor of Music (Hindustani Gayana)|
Bahelor of Visual Arts in Painting
Bachelor of Visual Arts in Sculpture
|Post Graduate || M.A. Ph.D.(Kannada Liteature) Programme|
M.A. Ph.D.(Women’s Studies) Programme
M.A. Ph.D.(History and Archaeology) Programme
M.A. Ph.D.(Sociology) Programme
M.A. Ph.D.(Rural Development) Programme
Master of Visual Arts Programme
Master of Music (Hindustani Vocal) Programme
M.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication Programme
|M.Phil.|| M.Phil. in Kannada Literature Studies|
M.Phil. in Kannada Language Studies
M.Phil. in Dravidian Culture Studies
M.Phil. in Manuscriptology
M.Phil. in Translation Studies
M.Phil. in Women’s Studies
M.Phil. in Folklore Studies
M.Phil. in Ancient History and Archaeology
M.Phil. in Ephigraphy
M.Phil. in Development Studies
M.Phil. in History
M.Phil. in Tribal Studies
M.Phil. in Anthropology
M.Phil. in Visual Arts
|Ph.D.|| Ph.D. in Kannada Literature Studies|
Ph.D. in Kannada Language Studies
Ph.D. in Dravidian Culture Studies
Ph.D. in Manuscriptology
Ph.D. in Translation Studies
Ph.D. in Women’s Studies
Ph.D. in Folklore Studies
Ph.D. in Ancient History and Archaeology
Ph.D. in Epigraphy
Ph.D. in Development Studies
Ph.D. in History
Ph.D. in Tribal Studies
Ph.D. in Anthropology
Ph.D. in Visual Arts
Ph.D. in Music and Dance
|P.G. Diploma|| P.G. Diploma in Kannada Language Studies|
P.G. Diploma in Translation
P.G. Diploma in Manuscriptology
P.G. Diploma in Journalism
P.G. Diploma in Epigraphy
P.G. Diploma in Anthropology
|Doctor of Literature||D.Lit.|
Kannada University, Hampi Fee Structure
The fee structure for UG, PG, M.Phil., PhD and Diploma courses are different. Students can get more information from the links given below regarding the fee structure.
(A) UG Programmes (B. Music and Diploma courses) – Click Here to check the fee structure for UG courses.
(B) PG Programmes (M.A., Ph.D., M.V.A., M.Music) – Click Here to check the fee structure for PG courses.
(C) PG Diploma Courses – Click Here to check the fee structure for PG Diploma courses.
(D) Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) Programmes – Click Here to check the fee structure for M.Phil. courses.
(E) Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programmes – Click Here to check the fee structure for PhD courses.
(F) Doctor of Literature (D.Lit.) Programmes – Click Here to check the fee structure for D.Lit. courses.
Kannada University, Hampi Affiliated Colleges
There are various affiliated colleges of Kannada University, Hampi. This list of affiliated colleges is shown below:
Kannada University, Hampi Study Centres
There are three study centres in Kannada University, Hampi. The list for the same is given below:
- Centre for Women Studies – This centre was established in Kannada University during the year 2005 under UGC assistance programs with the faculty members who were specialized in Women’s Issues. The Centre undertakes examination and rewriting of existing knowledge in all the disciplines from a feminist perspective.
- Centre for Translation – This center was instituted at Kannada University, Hampi in 2005 in order to ensure the mutual translation between Kannada and other languages.
- Centre for Yoga – Yoga is an art, science and a therapy too though there are various forms in yoga but the ‘Astangayoga’ framed by ‘Patanjali Maharshi’ is Significant. Indiscrimination of caste and creed, ‘Astangayoga’ is practised.
Kannada University, Hampi Satellite Centres
Kannada University also has Satellite Centres. There are a total of 06 satellite centres, which are mentioned below:
- Kuvempu Kannada Study Center , Kuppali – Kuvempu Kannada Study Centre, established in 2003, is named after versatile Kannada writer Kuvempu.
- International Centre For Vachan Study, Koodalasangama – Kannada University of Hampi established in 2007 ‘International Centre for Vachana Studies’ at Kudalsangam, which is the historical step.
- Desi (Indigenes) Culture Study Centre , Kurubanaktte – The folklore Department runs an annual conference called Desi. Kannada University, Hampi has started the Desi Center for Culture Studies (Extension Center) in Chamarajanagar district.
- Kannada University Extension Centre Devadurga – The Extension Centre of Kannada University, Hampi was established in the year 2017 and 2018 academic year in Raichur District’s Devadurga – one of the most backward districts of the Hyderabad Karnataka Region.
- DR. A.N. Upadhye Extension Centre, Belagavi – In 2018, the Kannada University’s ‘ Dr. A.N. Upadhye Extension Center’ was set up in collaboration with the Bharatesh Institution in Belgaum.
- Regional Office and Prasaranga Book Sales Section, Bangalore – Regional Office and Prasaranga book sales section of Kannada University is situated at the heart of Bengaluru city. It is an extension centre of the university.
Kannada University, Hampi Study Chair
There are various types of Study Chair at the University. This Study Chair organises various research and extension activities – seminars, conferences, workshops and special lecture series, to impart knowledge about Dalit and Tribal Community. The list is given below:
- Dr. Rama Manohara Lohiya Study Chair
- Valmeeki Study Chair
- Chair of Dalit’s studies
- Devara Dasimaiah
- Purandaradasa Study Chair
- Dr. Shamba Joshi Study Chair
- Hyderabad Karnataka Region Development Study Chair
- Halu Matha Study Chair
- Nadoja Dr. Rajkumar Study Chair
- Sri Abheraj Baldota Jain Culture Study Chair
Kannada University, Hampi Facilities
The University provides various facilities to the students. These facilities are listed below:
- Green Campus
- Convention Hall
- Guest House
- Gym Centre
- Basic Facilities for Women
- Health Centre
- Banking and Postal Services
- Day-Care Centre
- Sports and Yoga
- Anti Ragging Cell
- SC/ST Cell
- OBC Cell
- Sexual Harassment Cell
- Student Welfare Cell
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell
Kannada University, Hampi Contact Details
Name: Kannada University, Hampi
Location: Vidyaranya, Hospet, Bellary, Karnataka, India – 583 276
Phone No.: (08394) 241337, 241334, 241335
Fax: (08394) 241334, 241335
Email ID: [email protected]
Official Website: kannadauniversity.org