Mahatma Gandhi Central University Bihar (MGCUB) is the public central university which was established by an Act of Parliament. It is located in Temp. Camp Balua, Motihari, Bihar, India. This University is the second Central University in Bihar after the Central University of South Bihar (CUSB). This University has 7 different Departments with Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses ranging from the traditional disciplines like Hindi and English to the advanced courses like Management Studies and Biotechnology. Also recently, the university has started B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering under the School of CS and IT.
MGCUB – History
The Central Universities (Amendment) Act 2014 which received Presidential assent on December 17, 2014, provided for the establishment of Mahatma Gandhi Central University Bihar (MGCUB), having its territorial jurisdiction extending to the territory in the North of the River Ganges in the State of Bihar. The territory of the State of Bihar being large, its requirement for access to, and quality in higher education were not being adequately met with just one Central University.
|Name||Mahatma Gandhi Central University Bihar (MGCUB)|
|Location||Temp. Camp Balua, Motihari, Bihar, 845401, India|
|Course Offered||UG and PG Courses|
The nearest airport from the university is at Patna which is approximately 170 Kilometers away from Motihari. Motihari is also connected to all the major cities by train. The nearest railway station is Bapudham Motihari (BMKI) which is approximately 2 kilometers from the Temporary Campus at Zila School, Motihari. Motihari is also well connected to all major cities and towns of Bihar and adjoining states by road through a network of four-lane National Highway.
MGCUB – Vision
The vision of Mahatma Gandhi Central University Bihar (MGCUB) is given below.
- To establish the University with a global outlook but grounded in local tradition and culture.
- To establish the University as a unique model of excellence in higher education with a student-centric focus in terms of global standards of programme offerings, curricular framework, pedagogy, research, publications, and extension.
- To benchmark its curricular framework, pedagogical practices, infrastructure facilities, governance policies and administrative practices against global standards.
- To pay special attention to the improvement of the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people, their intellectual, academic and cultural development.
MGCUB – Schools and Departments
The University has 7 Departments. To check the schools and departments of the university go through the table is given below.
|Schools||Department / Centre|
|School of Commerce and Management Sciences||
|School of Computer Sciences and Information Technology||Department of Computer Sciences and Information Technology|
|School of Humanities and Languages||
|School of Life Sciences||
|School of Mathematics and Statistical Sciences||Department of Mathematics|
|School of Physical and Material Sciences||
|School of Social Sciences||
MGCUB – Courses Offered
Students can check the various programmes offered by the Mahatma Gandhi Central University Bihar from the lists given below.
Under-Graduate (UG) Courses:
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)- B.Sc. Honours is a 3 years Undergraduate degree course, is designed in such a way so that advanced theoretical and research skills development among students pursuing it. The University offers B.Sc. (Honours) as an undergraduate course in the following disciplines;
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)- It is an undergraduate degree designed to inculcate business acumen in students. Its studies enlighten students about various dimensions of business and its environment, business communication, economy, statistics, accounting and commercial activities. The University offers B.Com. (Honours) as an undergraduate course in the following disciplines;
- Political Science
- Post-Graduate (PG) Courses:
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MSW (Master of Social Work)
MGCUB Admission Process
The admission process has already commenced through the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET), the common admission test of central universities. Admission will be on the basis of the merit of the candidate. This merit list would be prepared on the basis of the composite score of the selection criteria in accordance with the preference of the applicant for various Programmes of Study that the candidate provides in his application form.
MGCUB Fees Structure
|Fee Structure||M.A. / M.Sc.
Pol. Sc. &
|One Time Fee|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||1000||1000||1000||1000||1000||1000|
|Academic / Extension
|Library / Magazine / News Letter||500||500||500||500||500||500|
|Games / Athletics||500||500||500||500||500||500|
|Vidyarthi Medi-Claim (VMC)
|Total Fee (with VMC)||9218||13218||15718||10718||19518||17518|
|Hostel Fee||Rs. 9000/- per semester|
|Transportation Fee||As per actual, if provided|
MGCUB Contact details
Check the contact details of the Mahatma Gandhi Central University Bihar (MGCUB):
University Name: Mahatma Gandhi Central University Bihar (MGCUB) P.O. Box No. 1, Motihari,
District – East Champaran, Bihar – 845 401 (INDIA).
Vice-Chancellors Contact Details:
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No.: 0612 241007 and 0612 – 241008
University Email: email@example.com
Official Website: www.mgcub.ac.in