Sardar Patel University was established in December 1955 by an Act of the Legislative Assembly of the then Bombay Province and was recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The University comprises of 27 Postgraduate Departments, a constituent college, and 148 colleges affiliated to it. SP University offers various PG, Ph.D./M.Phil., Integrated, External and Add-on courses. The teaching programme covered at PG level under various faculties such as Science, Arts, Commerce, Management, Engineering, Pharmacy, Medicine, Homeopathy, Home Science, Law and Education includes PG Degree, PG Diploma, Diploma, and Advanced Certificate Courses. Check out the page for Sardar Patel University.
Sardar Patel University
There are 31 PG courses available in the affiliated colleges/institutions and Under Graduate courses are taught in it. All the Postgraduate Departments follow the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). The University has four academic centres and eight academic chairs. Have a quick look at Sardar Patel University from the table given below:
|Name||Sardar Patel University|
|Location||Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat, India|
|Courses||UG, PG, Ph.D./M.Phil., Integrated, External and Add-on courses|
Sardar Patel University Admission Process
Admission in Sardar Patel University is based on merit of the qualifying examination and shall be confirmed only after the Original Documents are verified at the University Help Centre. For Ph.D./M.Phil. courses, admission is based on marks obtained in the entrance examination. The online application forms are made available online on the official website.
Students are advised to fill and submit the online application forms on or before the last date along with the application fees. After the submission of online application form, the student has to get the print out of the filled application form. The student has to attach all self-attested photocopies of the required documents with the application form. For verification of documents, the student has to visit University approved Help Center.
Sardar Patel University Faculties
There are a total of 11 faculties in the SP University. The list for the same is given below.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Home Science
- Faculty of Business Studies
- Faculty of Management Studies
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Homeopathy
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Sardar Patel University Departments
The University offers 31 teaching departments under the faculty of Arts, Science, Home Science, Home Science (Self Finance), Business Studies, Management Studies, Education and Law. The list for the same is given below.
|Name of the Faculty||Name of the Department|
|Faculty of Arts||Department of English|
Department of Economics
Department of Gujarati
Department of Hindi
Department of History
Department of Library & Information Science
Department of Political Science
Department of Psychology
Department of Sanskrit
Department of Social Work (MSW)
Department of Sociology
|Faculty of Science||Department of Bio-Science|
Department of Computer Science
Department of Chemistry
Department of Electronics
Department of Mathematics
Department of Materials Science
Department of Physics
Department of Statistics
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
|Faculty of Home Science||Department of Foods & Nutrition|
Department of Food Biotechnology
Department of Family Resource Management
Department of Home Science
|Faculty of Home Science (Self-Finance Courses)||Department of Food Bio-Technology|
Department of Human Development
Department of Textiles & Clothing
|Faculty of Business Studies||Department of Business Studies|
|Faculty of Management Studies||Department of Management Studies|
|Faculty of Education||Department of Education|
|Faculty of Law||Department of Law|
Sardar Patel University Courses Offered
SP University offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Ph.D./M.Phil., Integrated, External and Add-on Courses for the students. The list of these courses offered is given below.
|Programme Name||Courses Offered|
B.Sc. (Home Science)
Bachelor of Visual Arts
Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
DMLT/ B.Sc Occupational Therapy
Master of Planning
Master of hospitality and tourism management
Master of Occupational Therapy
|Add-on Courses||Renewable Energy (Solar & Wind) Devices: Installation and Maintenance|
Certificate course on Communication Net works (EPABX etc..)
Certificate course on the techniques of Glass blowing for scientific glass wares (CCGBSGW)
Fundamentals of Image Processing
Nanoscience and Technology (CCNT)
Basic Electronics Components And Circuits
Sensor B ased Instrumentation And Control
Vacuum Technology: production, Measurements, Maintenance and Servicing of Vacuum Pumps.
Essentials of Intellectual Property Right
Sardar Patel University Affiliated Colleges
Sardar Patel University has a total of 148 colleges affiliated to it. Check out the list of colleges/ institutes/ affiliated/ recognized by the University as on June 2015 in the following pdf.
Sardar Patel University Academic Centres
The University has four academic centres. The list of these academic centers of the University is given below.
- Agro Economic Research Centre – Agro-Economic Research Centre (AERC), Vallabh Vidyanagar was established in 1961 at Sardar Patel University by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India to carry out research in agricultural economics in the states of Gujarat and Rajasthan. The Centre has by now completed 159 problem-oriented studies, 21 village surveys and 4 village resurveys.
- Women’s Study Centre – Women Studies Centre at Sardar Patel University was thus established in March 2005 and started functioning fully since August-September 2005. the major aim and objective of the centre is capacity building in women.
- Community Science Centre – The objective of this centre is to create awareness among the people about harmful and non-scientific activities to society, prevailing superstitions, bad customs and to make efforts towards its removal in urban and rural areas and socio-economic Development through scientific attitude.
- Community Radio Station – The University has its own radio station “Radio Campus 90.4 FM” c/o Department of Electronics.
Sardar Patel University Academic Chairs
Sardar Patel University has eight academic chairs. The list for the same is given below.
- Corporation Bank Chair in Management
- Bhaikaka Adhyayan Akem Prakalp
- Shri Aurbindo Chair of Integral Studies
- Dr. BabaSaheb Ambedkar Adhyayan Akem Prakalp
- Pu. Shri Mota Chair of Extension of Educational
- Charutar Vidya Mandal Centre for Gandhian Studies
- Sardar Patel Adhyayan Akem Prakap (Chair)
- Devanagbhai Ipcowala Chair of Charotar Studies
Sardar Patel University Facilities
SP University provides various facilities for the students, staff, guests. The list for the same is given below.
- Central Library (Bhaikaka Library)
- Community Radio Station
- Apana Bazar
- University Press
- Computer Centre
- University Health Centre
- University Guest House
- Banking Services
- Employment Bureau
- Sardar Patel Maidan
- University Canteen
- Postal Services
Sardar Patel University Contact Details
Name: Sardar Patel University
Location: Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat, India – 388120
Phone No.: 02692 226805
Official Website: www.spuvvn.edu