The West Bengal University of Teachers Training, Education Planning and Administration (WBUTTEPA) is a State University situated in Kolkata, West Bengal. It is an umbrella university for all the institutions of West Bengal imparting education and research in teachers training, education planning and administration. The University was established in 2015 to ensure the quality of Teachers Training. The University offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctorate level courses such as B.A, B.Sc, B.Ed, M.Ed, P.hD, M.Phil etc.
WBUTTEPA is a public university in West Bengal contributing in providing training, education planning and administration skills to teachers for effective education. The University has 200 teacher’s training colleges affiliated to its jurisdiction and its horizon encompasses the entire state of West Bengal.
|Name||The West Bengal University of Teachers Training, Education Planning and Administration (WBUTTEPA)|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Courses||UG, PG and Doctorate|
Admission in WBUTTEPA
Students have the facility to apply online for admission in WBUTTPA. On the basis of online submission of application and counselling, the University shall prepare a merit list. Students are also required to pay the applicable application fee along with the Application fee. Admission will be granted on the basis of scores against marks obtained in qualifying examinations and as per norms of the University. Maximum Scores against marks for a different level of examinations. Candidates should be Graduates in a school subject from a recognized University.
WBUTTEPA Eligibility Criteria
Students must check the eligibility criteria prescribed by the university for admission in B.Ed and M.Ed courses. Students who fulfil the eligibility criteria for the particular course will be granted admission. Check the Eligibility Criteria for both courses below:
Eligibility criteria for B.Ed Course: The B.Ed. programme shall be of a duration of two academic sessions, which can be completed in a maximum of three years from the date of admission to the programme.
- Candidates should have completed Graduation in a school subject from a recognized university.
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree(General) / or in the Master’s Degree in School subjects are eligible to apply.
- For candidates with less than 50% marks in the honours degree, the total marks of pass and Honours subjects will be considered. If it becomes 50% or more, that score will be entered in Graduation (General) row.
Eligibility criteria for M.Ed Course: ProgrammeCandidates seeking admission to the M.Ed. programme, should have obtained at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade in the following programmes:
- B.A. B. Ed., B. Sc. B. Ed.
- B. El. Ed.
- D. El. Ed. with an undergraduate degree (with 50% marks in each).
Eligible Candidates are to appear at the Admission Test / Entrance Test: There will be a written test of 50 Questions (MCQ) with full marks 50. The time for the test will be one and a half hour with negative marks of 0.25 for each wrong answer. The questions will be mostly on B. Ed. General Papers. The list of candidates eligible for the Admission Test/ Entrance Test, date, time and venue will be notified on the website of the university.
Courses offered by WBUTTEPA
The University offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctorate level courses. The courses are mentioned in the table below:
|Level of Education||Courses Offered|
|Undergraduate||Bachelor of Arts (B.A)
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
|Postgraduate||Master in Education (M.Ed)|
|Doctorate||Doctorate in Philosophy (P.hD)
Master in Philosophy (M.Phil)
M.Ed College of WBUTTEPA
Check the list of college affiliated by WBUTTEPA offering M.Ed course.
- WBUTTEPA: Erstwhile David Hare Training College (Institute of Advanced Studies in Education)
- Institute of Education for Women
- Gangadharpur Sikshan Mandir M.Ed.
- Education College
- Yogoda Satsanga Palpara Mahavidyalaya
- Eastern Dooars B.Ed. Training College
- Satyapriya Roy College of Education >
- Deshapran College of Teachers Education
- Subhas Chandra Basu B.Ed. Training College
- Madhyamgram B.Ed. College
- Surendralal Das Teachers’ Training College
- Sammilani Teachers’ Training College
- Balurghat B.Ed. College
- ABS Academy
- Kolkata Teachers’ Training College
- Pailan College of Education
- Rajendra Academy for Teachers’ Education
- Bengal College of Teacher Education
The West Bengal University Of Teachers’ Training, Education Planning And Administration
Address: 25/2 and 25/3,787 Ballygunge Circular Road,
Kolkata – 700019.
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: www.wbuttepa.ac.in