Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science & Technology (DCRUST) came into being on November 06, 2006 by upgrading erstwhile Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering, Murthal. It is located in Murthal, Haryana, India. DCRUST offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Ph.D. programmes in almost all the disciplines. The University also offers a total of 16 University Teaching Departments under the faculty of Engineering, Management & Humanities and Sciences. DCRUST has a total of 15 affiliated Engineering, Management & Architecture Colleges and 04 Education Colleges. Check out the page for Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science & Technology (DCRUST).
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology (DCRUST)
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science & Technology also offers PG diploma in Forensic Biotechnology, Beginners and Certificate Courses in foreign languages such as French and German. Few UGC Career Oriented Programmes are also conducted to enhance the breadth of knowledge and skills of engineering students as well as other/outside candidates. Have a quick look at Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology (DCRUST) from the table given below:
|Name||Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology|
|Established||06 Nov 2006|
|Location||Murthal, Haryana, India|
|Courses||UG, PG and Ph.D. Programmes|
DCRUST Admission Process
The admission in DCRUST for UG courses is based on marks obtained in the National/ State Level Test (JEE Main, NATA, Online Entrance Test Conducted by HSTES) and also on the counseling (conducted by Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES), Panchkula). For admission to PG and Ph.D. programmes, the University conducts the Entrance Tests. The candidates with valid GATE score need not appear in the entrance test for M.Tech.
The admission to M.H.A. (Masters in Hospital Administration) will be based on the academic merit of the qualifying examination. The admission to MBA (2 Years) program shall be done based on a valid score in CMAT. The application forms are made available online at the official website. Interested students are advised to fill and submit the application form in the prescribed format along with the application fee on or before the last date. After the due date, no applications shall be accepted under any circumstances.
DCRUST Academic Calendar
The University provides the academic calendar for both odd and even semester online at the official website. The link to check the academic calendar of the University and affiliated Colleges/Institutes of this University for the academic session 2019-20 is mentioned below.
Academic Calendar: Click Here to check the academic calendar of the University and affiliated Colleges/Institutes of this University for the academic session 2019-20.
The University provides various scholarships for the eligible students. Following scholarships are available in the university for full-time PG students. Check out the list of scholarships provided in the University from the following.
- GATE Scholarship for M. Tech. students as released by the AICTE.
- Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship scheme for M.Sc. students paid by the Director, Department of Science & Technology, Haryana, Panchkula.
- Post Matriculation Scholarship to SC/ST students for UG/PG courses from the Department of Technical Education, Haryana through Govt. Polytechnic, Sonepat.
- Post Matriculation Scholarship to BC students for UG/PG courses from the District Welfare Department, Sonepat.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for students belonging to the Minority Communities for M.Tech. Students.
- Alumini Yuva Rattan Scholarship to UG/PG students by the University.
- National Scholarship for a person with a disability by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India.
DCRUST offers a total of 16 University Teaching Departments under the faculty of Engineering, Management & Humanities and Sciences. Check out the list of these teaching departments from the table given below.
|Name of the Faculty||Name of the Department|
|Faculty of Engineering||Department of Architecture|
Department of Bio-Medical
Department of Bio-Technology
Centre of Excellence in Energy and Environment Studies
Department of Chemical Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Department of Electrical Engineering
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Department of Material Science and Nanotechnology
Department of Mechanical Engineering
|Faculty of Management & Humanities||Department of Humanities (English)|
Department of MBA
|Faculty of Sciences||Department of Chemistry|
Department of Mathematics
Department of Physics
DCRUST Courses Offered
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology offers various Under Graduate and Post Graduate programmes under the 16 University Teaching Departments. The University also offers Ph.D. programmes. Check out the list of these courses offered from the table given below.
|Name of the Department||Courses Offered|
|Architecture||M.Arch. (Sustainable Architecture)|
M. Plan (Urban & Rural)
M. Tech. (Construction and Real Estate Management)
|Biomedical Engineering||M. Tech.(Biomedical Engineering)|
B. Tech.(Biomedical Engineering)
|Civil Engineering||M. Tech. (Civil Engineering (Highway Safety & Engg.))|
B. Tech.(Civil Engineering)
|Electrical Engineering||M. Tech. (Electrical Engineering (Instrumentation & Control))|
M. Tech. (Electrical Engineering (Power Systems)
B. Tech. (Electrical Engineering)
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||M. Tech.(Electronics & Communication Engineering)|
M. Tech.(Electronics & Communication Engineering (VLSI Design))
B. Tech.(Electronics & Communication Engineering)
|Mechanical Engineering||M. Tech.(Mechanical Engineering)|
B. Tech.(Mechanical Engineering)
|CSE||M. Tech.(Computer Science &Engineering)|
B. Tech.(Computer Science & Engineering)
Beginners Course in French/German
Certificate Course in French/German
M.B.A. – 5 Year Dual Degree Programme
M.B.A. (Hospital Administration)
PG Diploma (Forensic Biotechnology)
Dual degree B.Sc. (Hons.) Biotechnology – M. Sc. Biotechnology
|Chemical Engineering||M. Tech.(Chemical Engineering)|
B. Tech.(Chemical Engineering)
|CEEES||M. Tech.(Energy Studies and Environmental Management)|
M.Sc. (Environment Studies)
Dual degree B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry – M. Sc. Chemistry
|MSN||M. Tech.(Materials Science & Nano-technology)|
M.Sc.( Mathematics)-Integrated Programme
Dual degree B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics – M. Sc. Physics
DCRUST Fee Structure
The University has a different fee structure for various courses offered by the University. Check out the fee structure for various courses for the session 2019-2020 from the following given pdf.
DCRUST Affiliated Colleges
DCRUST has a total of 19 affiliated colleges. There are 15 affiliated Engineering, Management & Architecture Colleges and 04 Education Colleges. Check out the list of these affiliated colleges of the University from the following.
Engineering, Management, Architecture Colleges
- Bharat Institute of Technology, Sonepat
- G.V.M. Institute of Tech. & Management, Murthal Road, Sonepat
- Gateway College of Architecture & Design, Sonepat
- Gateway Institute of Engg. & Technology, Gateway Campus, Sector-11, Fazilpur, Sonepat
- Hindu College of Engg., Industrial Area, Sonepat
- Hindu Institute of Management, Near Railway Station, Sonepat
- Hindu College of Design,Architecture & Planning Industrial Area, Rohtak Road, Sonipat
- International Institute of Technology & Management, Sonepat.
- International Institute of Tech. and Business, Sonepat.
- P.M. College of Engg., Kami Road, Sonepat
- P.M. College of Architecture, Village Kami, Sonepat
- Bahra Institute of Management & Technology, Sonipat
- Shri Balwant Institute of Tech., Meerut Road, Pallri, Near DPS, Sonepat
- South Point Institute of Technology & Management, Sonepat
- South Point School of Architecture, Sonepat
- Hindu College of Education, Pritampura Road, Sonepat
- T.R. College of Education, Sonepat
- Renu Vidya Mandir, Sonepat
- C. M. College of Education, Gohana Road, Karewari, Sonepat
DCRUST Training & Placement Cell
The University provides Training & Placement Cell opportunity for all the students for the betterment of their career. The Training & Placement Cell is a separate Unit which deals with Placement and Campus interviews of our students. The cell is being headed by regular Training & Placement Officer. The Training and Placement Cell acting as interface between University and Companies has maintained a symbiotic, vibrant and purposeful relationship with industries across the country. The major organizations, besides others, which visit our University for Campus Placement are given below:
- TATA POWER
- TECH MAHINDERA
- TATA TELE SERVICES
- DALMIA CEMENT
- JOHNSONS CONTROL
- INDO-ASIANFUSE GEAR
- SPICE TELECOM
- FRICK’S INDIA
- FIDELITY INTERNATIONAL
- ADOBE SYSTEMS
- MULTITEX FILTRATION
- RACHTR CHEMICALS
- STAR PAPER MILLS, etc.
The University provides various facilities for the students, staff, faculties and guests. Check out the list of these University facilities from the following.
- University Computer Centre – The University Computer Centre (UCC) manages the Central Computing and Networking facilities for the University community. University Computer Centre is equipped with the state-of-the-art facilities and hub of latest technology like Blade servers, Desktops, laptops, Aakash Tablets, Xerox machine, LCD projectors, Scanners and Laser Printers.
- Central Workshop – The central workshop is an academic centre where emphases on practical aspects of manufacturing and production processes are given.
- Central Instrumental Laboratory (CIL) – The Central Instrumentation Laboratory was established in April 2011. CIL is located in the premises of the central workshop
- Research – It has been seen that laboratories available under one roof sometimes acquire such instruments in bulk for the different units with poor effective utilization of such equipment.
- Hostel – Hostel accommodation is provided to all needy students. There is a mess-cum-kitchen unit in each hostel. Mess is run by a student’s body on a cooperative basis under the guidance of the respective Warden.
- Sports – The University provides a sports facility for the students.
- Sushruta Health Centre – The university has well equipped dispensary & all the students are provided with appropriate medical aid at the dispensary within the available resources. Serious medical cases are send to Civil Hospital, Sonepat. One male & another female doctor are 24 hours available in the Campus.
- Swagat Guest House – The University also has a guest house for the guests.
- Bank – University also provides bank facilities to all the students and staff of the university. There is a branch of State Bank of India situated in the shopping complex which is at the stone throw distance from all the boys & girls hostel as well as from the residential area of teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Post Office – The University also provides the post office to the students and all the staff members of the university. It is located in the shopping complex building on the first floor.
DCRUST Contact Details
Name: Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology
Location: Murthal (Sonepat), Haryana, India – 131039
Phone No.: +91-130-2484173
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website: dcrustm.ac.in